Rock Your Disney Side - 24 hour character party at Magic Kingdom

Soarin' Over Pgh

It really doesn't look nearly as busy as I thought it would be. What are wait times looking like? And @PhotoDave219 are you posting photos from MK on Facebook thru your page? If not, I'm not going to bother checking fb anytime soon. :) I enjoy your pics!

Soarin' Over Pgh

Was there a technical issue with the fireworks tonight? It seemed like the castle projection ended, a few shot off, then nothing for six or so minutes.

Kinda strange watching from a distance and with no sound, but still happy to have that much.

Now I'm itching for a Minnie design candy apple from the Confectionary. :(

PhotoDave219

It really doesn't look nearly as busy as I thought it would be. What are wait times looking like? And @PhotoDave219 are you posting photos from MK on Facebook thru your page? If not, I'm not going to bother checking fb anytime soon. :) I enjoy your pics!

No, I've left the camera be for the night.

The park has gotten busier. It's now around "middle of a gosh darn holiday weekend what the hell am I thinking " busy. Rides are not horrible yet.

Yet.

PhotoDave219

Was there a technical issue with the fireworks tonight? It seemed like the castle projection ended, a few shot off, then nothing for six or so minutes.

Kinda strange watching from a distance and with no sound, but still happy to have that much.

Now I'm itching for a Minnie design candy apple from the Confectionary. :(

Those fireworks always end the projection show. It was normal.

ptaylor

Premium Member
MK parking is near capacity. CMs are on the surrounding roads getting ready to divert cars. I give it to maybe 10:30.

Lots of cars heading in.

MonorailMan

I wonder how many monorail problems/delays they have had/are having/will have... The express beam is open for 26 hours with no closure; The resort beam is open for 22 hours and then 20 hours with a 2 hour closure in between; The Epcot beam is open for 17 hours and then 20 hours with a 2 hour closure in between... That is a lot of work for the 20+ year old monorails which rarely run longer than 18 hours a day and then get maintenance every night. I wonder if they will be running the full fleet like normal or have reduced trains running to perform necessary maintenance still...

SorcererDonald16

I'm here now, at The Plaza for dinner.

I have never seen a line for the Wilderness Lodge MK boat launch like I did this evening. Got on the smaller boat, looked back and saw the line was so long the end of it was out of view from the boat.

The ride times I have seen or experienced dont seem that horrible all in all. I've seen it worse.

DisneyCane

I'm trying to figure out if I'm crazy. I thought I saw somewhere that there was a time period during the 24 hour event that Space Mountain will run with lights on. Am I remembering correctly? If so, what are the details?

G8rchamps

I'm trying to figure out if I'm crazy. I thought I saw somewhere that there was a time period during the 24 hour event that Space Mountain will run with lights on. Am I remembering correctly? If so, what are the details?
People mover after 4 an will go through space which will be closed for Sat open. Good chance the lights will be on

ptaylor

Premium Member
image.jpg

Very busy at Scary Tale Hall

Kman101

It wasn't crowded at all today until sometime between 6:30 and 8:00 when I was at DHS just to do something different, rode just about everything worth riding. Wait times were awesome. Didn't need FP at ALL. Splash was down for a bit so I never got to that, and when it was up, the wait wasn't great (for me, even though I was in the mood to get drenched).

And of course when I was leaving around 9:15ish, the crowds just kept pouring in. Was very very crowded, I went out through behind Main Street, hauled it up to the monorail and it was naturally down for maintenance, so had to haul it all the way to the ferryboat. I was definitely done at that point. Fun day though.

I noticed Phil Holmes walking by the mine train on my third go around (between 1 and 2, time's a blur). I THINK it was George K. next to him but I couldn't see his face well, but seemed like it. Someone else was with them but it was so freaking hot and humid today I can't remember who. I recognized Holmes instantly, lol.

Also spotted wdwfigment (Tom Bricker) but didn't say anything. I saw him taking photos around the mine train around 7am, I believe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom