Rock Your Disney Side - 24 hour character party at Magic Kingdom

flynnibus

Premium Member
140 characters is not totally unrealistic... for the entire event. But certainly not concurrently.

Think if a M&G location has 3 characters... say 4 locations throughout the park.. that's 12 characters at a time. 1hr cycle time... x 12 = 144 characters.

Not saying that's what's happening.. but when you look over a 12hr or 24 slice... 140 isn't tooo far fetched.

Rodneyt74

I was born may 23 1974.. 40th birthday bash!! Thanks Disney for throwing me a big 24 hour birthday party!! I will be there whole week before and finish off week with 24 hour party.. Can't wait.. My family was looking for something special to do that day. Should be something cool to remember that day and celebrate it..

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Yeah Disney hosted Ragans social media conference if I recall. With Tommy being a speaker. Paging @WDW1974

LOL, true dat. I get a number of Ragan emails in the course of my work, and was downright annoyed at the number of pop-ups about their conference at the Contemporary last year. My bad for forgetting that. Plant!!

SoupBone

So what were the attendance numbers for this event? I've gone for New Years Eve and while I had a blast, never again with those crowds. I know during the day and evening the crowds will be heavy, but how about 2am? 4am? I've also been during extra magic hours where at 2am the place was a ghost town and we had the place almost to ourselves.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
So what were the attendance numbers for this event? I've gone for New Years Eve and while I had a blast, never again with those crowds. I know during the day and evening the crowds will be heavy, but how about 2am? 4am? I've also been during extra magic hours where at 2am the place was a ghost town and we had the place almost to ourselves.

The crowds dwindle after midnight. By 2 AM, it's a ghost town. By 4, the remaining diehards are gathered at the castle enjoying the dance party.

Last edited:

GatorAsh

For those who have attended in the past, is this worth doing? I *was* planning on DHS since it's the first day of SW Weekends but this sounds fun too. What sort of special events will happen and how bad will the crowds be?

I attended last year's Monstrous Summer event. Yes, it was hot. Yes, it was crowded. But when else do you get the chance to see the sunrise TWICE over Cinderella Castle? We stayed the entire 24 hours- no sleeping on the ground, on benches, etc. The delirious, euphoric feeling while watching the Kiss Goodnight at 6 am is one I have never been able to replicate and a cherished memory- one of my best times in the park (and as an APer who has gone more times than I can even try to count, that's saying something.) If you can, so. Go when it opens and try to stay as long as you can. It's, well, magical.
And thanks to all the CM's who put in the time for us. I, for one, really appreciate it.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
24 hour party AND Star Wars weekend - I can hardly wait!!!!! I'm wearing my Disney PJs the entire time just so I can say (and get a picture) that I saw the sun rise over the castle in my pajamas.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
When does Potter 2.0 open? Didn't this correspond with the opening of Antarctica and/or Transformers last year? Seems like the go to plan to counter new attractions at other parks.

Potter 2.0 opens in sometime in the summer. Universal hasn't released the date yet, according to MuggleNet. I sure hope Rock Your Disney and Diagon Alley aren't the same weekend. That would mean INSANE traffic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom