Rock Your Disney Side - 24 hour character party at Magic Kingdom

OnyxNine

If i go it will be early in the day. I love my sleeping hours more than i love disney :D. For those who will be there, hope you all have a good time. :cat:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I doubt they would specifically set up a photo shoot with these characters if they won't all be there. They are the main selling point for this party and the crowds it will attract.

I can't believe they are going to have 280 characters out between both coasts with CMs trained to do all these rare characters. In some cases like Oogie Boogie they would have to make a 2nd costume.

TTA94

If pirates and princesses are part of the theme, what parades would we see? FOF most likely, but what's the second parade, Enchanted Adventures or MSEP? A 3AM FOF?? CADCT never made it after dark at the last two.

Maybe a rare 3 Parade day?

The first thing I thought of when this event got announced was FOF running at night :). At the very least I would be surprised if FOF doesn't have more than one performance. MSEP may still hold the nighttime slot though.

lunchbox1175

Man i really wish they would announce this stuff earlier. We can't go because my wife cant get the day off because too many people have already requested it off. They have to request all of their vacation time off for the year in the first two weeks of January every year, if we had known this was coming, she would have requested the Friday off, now we have to hope one of the people that has it off quits or gets canned.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
I know it will be crowded anyway, but I really hope that cast members are permitted to come to this event! I know the first 24 hour party two years ago, the attendance spiked after cast members started to get off work at other parks. But it would be so much fun to see our friends at the party outside of work hours.

CMs are blocked out from the event. They can use a comp ticket for admission if they want to, though.

71jason

Man i really wish they would announce this stuff earlier. We can't go because my wife cant get the day off because too many people have already requested it off. They have to request all of their vacation time off for the year in the first two weeks of January every year, if we had known this was coming, she would have requested the Friday off, now we have to hope one of the people that has it off quits or gets canned.

In another thread, the Spirit indicated this is basically a new Memorial Day weekend tradition. So always next year...

lunchbox1175

In another thread, the Spirit indicated this is basically a new Memorial Day weekend tradition. So always next year...
Yeah, but with our luck, they will change it up next year and it won't have all of the characters out, it will be something else. I think the wife should just quit her job and we go!

jrh1985

The first thing I thought of when this event got announced was FOF running at night :). At the very least I would be surprised if FOF doesn't have more than one performance. MSEP may still hold the nighttime slot though.
CADCT went for two last year. Maybe because it was Memorial Fri, not a leap day in the middle of the week.

I hope the camera returns this year with audio!

Cesar R M

Thanks! I think that I'll be skipping it and will just do Star Wars Weekends that day. Maybe that event will make it a little less crowded.
speaking of Weeks.
You guys recon this will be a single yearly event and only at memorials?
Also.. any idea on the prices of these parties?
a 24/7 wouldn't cost just 99$ would it?

Disney hasn't officially said which characters will be doing M&Gs.

I can't believe they are going to have 280 characters out between both coasts with CMs trained to do all these rare characters. In some cases like Oogie Boogie they would have to make a 2nd costume.

It could be just a PR stunt (the photo) and the character M&G and roaming will be lower and the rest only visible at the parades?

Yeah, but with our luck, they will change it up next year and it won't have all of the characters out, it will be something else. I think the wife should just quit her job and we go!

Agree.

mm52200

I could be wrong but was it even written anywhere that there would be additional M&G's at this event, let alone rare ones? The announcement was a cool idea but I doubt that very many of those characters will be doing meet and greets at this event. I would love for them to, but I just feel like that probably won't happen.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I could be wrong but was it even written anywhere that there would be additional M&G's at this event, let alone rare ones? The announcement was a cool idea but I doubt that very many of those characters will be doing meet and greets at this event. I would love for them to, but I just feel like that probably won't happen.

It said "Heroes and Villains" People are assuming from the picture that all these rare characters will be out.

asianway

I don't know that DL could pull 140 performers for an overnight shift.

There's a lot of people making a lot of assumptions. I'm expecting nothing more than a glorified Halloween party.

71jason

The "140 characters" was a Twitter joke. Sorry to be the one to dissect gossamer, but that's the maximum number of characters that can be in a tweet. And they were in the shape of a "hash tag," another hallmark of Twitter. The photo was a stunt, in no way a promise to have 140 characters out during the event.

asianway

The "140 characters" was a Twitter joke. Sorry to be the one to dissect gossamer, but that's the maximum number of characters that can be in a tweet. And they were in the shape of a "hash tag," another hallmark of Twitter. The photo was a stunt, in no way a promise to have 140 characters out during the event.
Especially ones that there is only one costume for. The ones adults will wait five hours too see....

omurice

Especially ones that there is only one costume for. The ones adults will wait five hours too see....
Hey I resemble that remark! (Oh Sally, Jack Skellington can never love you like I do...)

Man i really wish they would announce this stuff earlier...
I was glad we got this news almost 90 days out - Feb 2012 was about 6 weeks out, and May 2013 only 30 days (thank you LTM!).
But just think -- as long as nothing terrible (Grad Night level shenanigans) happens, and the pajama wearing set don't get too Walmart-y (150+ visible tramp stamp complaints at GR), we can plan for this going forward.
Guess I'm saying, "C'mon stay classy people" or we will lose this party after just two.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom