Rock Your Disney Side - 24 hour character party at Magic Kingdom

jjnshane

I know it will be crowded anyway, but I really hope that cast members are permitted to come to this event! I know the first 24 hour party two years ago, the attendance spiked after cast members started to get off work at other parks. But it would be so much fun to see our friends at the party outside of work hours.

jrh1985

If pirates and princesses are part of the theme, what parades would we see? FOF most likely, but what's the second parade, Enchanted Adventures or MSEP? A 3AM FOF?? CADCT never made it after dark at the last two.

Maybe a rare 3 Parade day?

DManRightHere

I called the date somewhere in here!

Looks like this may be a yearly thing for memorial day weekend.

We were at the parks and didn't even go because of the crowds. We prefer to ride rides lol.

Maerj

For those who have attended in the past, is this worth doing? I *was* planning on DHS since it's the first day of SW Weekends but this sounds fun too. What sort of special events will happen and how bad will the crowds be?

disney9752

I'll dip into the pay fight for a moment, after living in central florida, growing up not far away & still having family in the area I know a little about it. It is extremely difficult to find a job in the area without a degree & having 400 people apply for one position. most jobs are in the service or retail industry which pays very poorly, cm's don't choose to take a job that pays barely minimum wage, they take what they can find. anyone that was around after 9/11 knows how quickly the rat will cut your hours or position in a moments notice, someone working casey's for example, may go from working 35 hours to 12. when you add 25000 other people that got hours cut & folks from jobs off property from cvs & publix to hotels cutting hours there are no other options. It's not like central florida is home to many high paying jobs.....

71jason

For those who have attended in the past, is this worth doing? I *was* planning on DHS since it's the first day of SW Weekends but this sounds fun too. What sort of special events will happen and how bad will the crowds be?

Went for Leap Day, skipped last year. Crowds were fine during the day, but built to NYE-like levels by early evening, stayed that way until 2 or 3. The final few hours were surreal, mostly just young CMs in the park, many in PJs, and everyone punchy from lack of sleep; everything was a walk-on. Worth doing if you're into stunts, but you'll be lucky to make it over to SWW by Sunday. Takes it out of you, plan to crash.

Maerj

Went for Leap Day, skipped last year. Crowds were fine during the day, but built to NYE-like levels by early evening, stayed that way until 2 or 3. The final few hours were surreal, mostly just young CMs in the park, many in PJs, and everyone punchy from lack of sleep; everything was a walk-on. Worth doing if you're into stunts, but you'll be lucky to make it over to SWW by Sunday. Takes it out of you, plan to crash.

Thanks! I think that I'll be skipping it and will just do Star Wars Weekends that day. Maybe that event will make it a little less crowded.

OnyxNine

I dont really get the CMs not wanting to work it for a 12 hour shift when they get a lunch and two breaks. I work at a hospital and walk around 10 miles everyday which is more than most CM's since they stand a lot. I care for sick people and get stressed with deaths and ect. I am not guaranteed any breaks. We get a lunch if the unit is not too busy and thats usually it. No breaks, holding your bladder and working 12 hours sounds a lot worse than the CM's working the happiest place on earth. I would gladly do their job and spread the pixie dust and magic around

I hear you. Nothing like having ppl mad at you because *gasp* :eek:, you are on your lunch break, or in the bathroom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom