Rock n Roller Coaster refurb--has the inevitable arrived?

wdwfan100

I want to jump on the Rush band wagon. Red Barchetta fits the theme perfectly, though admittedly there may be less popular appeal. I also want to say I agree about the Neil Pratt being the best percussionist. There are some in his league but none better.

MaxsDad

This post has been imploding! But hilarious... however, has no one even thought to consider SPINAL TAP! :lol: "Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight"... that would make a genius ride! :ROFLOL:

Great idea. At least it would fit in with the movie theme of the park. And they could make a great pre-show video.

Also, I noticed that there is more than one music track for the ride as it is now. The capability is already there to vary the music. All they need now is the equipment to let the rider select which track to hear.

MCC1

Aerosmith is here to stay - here's video I shot of them 11mos. ago, still got it, and I'll ride the R&R coaster any day...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soZdLVqXlQI

however, putting Miley in there would eliminate the line as no one wants a Hannah roller coaster...then I could just walk right on...pop on my iPod...and listen to DEVO!

gustaftp

It would be awesome if it were true!!!!

I am a teen who loves Hannah Montana and still will even when it's off the air. I think bringing Hannah into RNRC would interest far more people than an old, stale band like Aerosmith does.

Aerosmith is old and stale? Uhm, well, for being an "old and stale" band, 10 of their albums have been certified Platinum, and they've had 23 songs hit the Top 40. Let's also not forget the various VMAs, Billboard Music Awards, and were inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Their concerts have been selling out since the band formed in 1970, and they've been churning out hits longer than Casey Kasem has been counting down hits on the American Top 40 radio program (Kasem retired last year).

Has Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus done that? Nope.

Will you watch Hannah Montana for years/decades afterwards? I doubt it.

Hannah Montana will go the way of the other Disney pop princesses like Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Hillary Duff, etc. All are capable of producing hit music, but it doesn't have the timeless appeal and heartfelt genius of blues/rock that Aerosmith has.

Aerosmith is perfect for this ride. In fact, I can't think of any other band from the rock era (other than the Eagles) still generating exciting music, while having a repretoire of timeless hits.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I don't think most people visiting DHS will think of Aerosmith as an "old, stale band". :rolleyes:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I am a teen who loves Hannah Montana and still will even when it's off the air. I think bringing Hannah into RNRC would interest far more people than an old, stale band like Aerosmith does.

I'm sure it would bring in the "$2 bill" crowd. But that's not the demographic WDW is looking to cultivate.......

MAF

I'm sure it would bring in the "$2 bill" crowd. But that's not the demographic WDW is looking to cultivate.......
Pretty sure I'm apart of this "crowd" you speak of and there's no way in hell a HM themed coaster would bring me in. Thanks though...:wave:

MAF

Hey, I'm not the one either providing lap dances to my director, or admitting I frequent str!p clubs. But, enjoy!
I see you meant something quite different by the "$2 bill" statement. I retract my previous comments...:lol:

epcotWSC

My bet is when it comes time to change bands the whole theme of that coaster will change. It doesn't have the decades of classic nostalgia like Space Mountain anyway.

Personally I think a Disney Villains ride would work. It's right next to Tower of Terror and Fantasmic which have some dark themes. The rushing ride on twisting track would make a killer villains dark ride. And Disney will keep cranking out villains. Just a blue sky musing.

This is probably the best idea. I mean it is more of a movie type place anyway. While they are mixing in the music business type stuff in, I'd rather DHS be a more movie oriented park. Either make it a villains ride or based on some action movie.

This is probably the best idea. I mean it is more of a movie type place anyway. I mean they are mixing in the music business type stuff in, but I'd rather DHS be a more movie oriented park. Either make it a villains ride or based on some action movie.

As long as they don't theme it to Escape from Which Mountain.

:lol: As long as the countdown ends with "If you smeeeelllll!! What the Rock is cookin!" then I could work with that.

The Rock N Roller Coaster :D

the-real-rock1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom