Rock n Roller Coaster refurb--has the inevitable arrived?

audiotinker

This post has been imploding! But hilarious... however, has no one even thought to consider SPINAL TAP! :lol: "Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight"... that would make a genius ride! :ROFLOL:

I love that idea! Can you imagine, you get in your car.. head up for the launch pad.. and you hear.. I want it all... I want it all.. and I want it NOW... and on the word NOW, your car launches. :eek:

May have been mentioned already but I wouldn't mind seeing Queen....

Bohemian Rhapsody
Don't Stop Me Now
We Will Rock You
We Are the Champions

Could be awesome, IMO.

rodserling27

I would rather ride a Demi Lavato Miley Cyrus Duets roller coaster than a Nickleback coaster....

Here here. Nickelback might just be the biggest jerks on the planet. It was reported that at one concert, the lead singer, Chad Kroeger, said "If you don't love Nickelback, you don't love rock." Another time he reportedly said "Make some noise if you love Nickelback!" He also had a guy kicked out at a Philadelphia concert who he thought wasn't enjoying the show enough. How arrogant, I just can't imagine Paul McCartney, Steven Tyler, Eddie Van Halen, Jack White, or even Miley saying "make noise if you love me!" at a concert, let alone kicking someone out.

Gregoryp73

Quoted for truth.
Peart is amazing.:eek:
For those who haven't seen his skills...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEVrN9SdRuk

Haven't missed a Rush show when they've come to town since 1983. Peart is jaw-dropping awesome and hasn't diminished with age.

The man is definately a legend...I grew up listening and emulating him as a drummer (25 years now). He's been through so much as a human being...and it's a travesty that rush isn't in the RNRHOF

But I must say...if you like drummers and drum solos...Thomas Lang is the guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWYP7umBb7A

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Agreed I was reffering to the way the ride is presented with picking your own music. I really do beleive that it is RnRC future.

I like the way the RnR music is customized for the track. Although the RRR has the music selection, they aren't specifically tuned to the track (other than the length). I'm sure you are right, and at some point it may well happen.

muse1983

Here here. Nickelback might just be the biggest jerks on the planet. It was reported that at one concert, the lead singer, Chad Kroeger, said "If you don't love Nickelback, you don't love rock." Another time he reportedly said "Make some noise if you love Nickelback!" He also had a guy kicked out at a Philadelphia concert who he thought wasn't enjoying the show enough. How arrogant, I just can't imagine Paul McCartney, Steven Tyler, Eddie Van Halen, Jack White, or even Miley saying "make noise if you love me!" at a concert, let alone kicking someone out.

Haha I couldn't believe that someone seriously suggested Nickelback for a Disney ride, I wouldn't suggest them for elevator music much less a ride based around them in the most magical place on earth.

thegrimace8604

I apologize...That was supposed to be sarcasm, because both those things sound awful....If any band were to replace Aerosmith, It would have to be a Stadium Rock type deal, like U2 or The Police or something

FinePhotoGraphx

Band or Villains?

Seriously, who would be a good band for this ride?

They would have to have the commercial appeal of Miley or the Jonas Brothers, but actually be a rock band. They would also have to appeal to a young and old demographic.

I'm thinking if they re-tool it will be less "rockin'" and more general because the top rock bands of all times are really gone or aging. Aerosmith is rated 31 of all time. They aren't going to go as far as Metallica. U2 still rocks, but they probably have 2 or 3 albums and tours left.

My bet is when it comes time to change bands the whole theme of that coaster will change. It doesn't have the decades of classic nostalgia like Space Mountain anyway.

Personally I think a Disney Villains ride would work. It's right next to Tower of Terror and Fantasmic which have some dark themes. The rushing ride on twisting track would make a killer villains dark ride. And Disney will keep cranking out villains. Just a blue sky musing.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I apologize...That was supposed to be sarcasm, because both those things sound awful....If any band were to replace Aerosmith, It would have to be a Stadium Rock type deal, like U2 or The Police or something

Hence the inclusion of the worlds most hated band, after all 27 million album sales and regular inclusion in the top 10 touring acts would indicate that despite the cult of organised bashing they seem to be doing something right.

sorcerergoofy

Seriously, who would be a good band for this ride?

They would have to have the commercial appeal of Miley or the Jonas Brothers, but actually be a rock band. They would also have to appeal to a young and old demographic.

I'm thinking if they re-tool it will be less "rockin'" and more general because the top rock bands of all times are really gone or aging. Aerosmith is rated 31 of all time. They aren't going to go as far as Metallica. U2 still rocks, but they probably have 2 or 3 albums and tours left.

My bet is when it comes time to change bands the whole theme of that coaster will change. It doesn't have the decades of classic nostalgia like Space Mountain anyway.

Personally I think a Disney Villains ride would work. It's right next to Tower of Terror and Fantasmic which have some dark themes. The rushing ride on twisting track would make a killer villains dark ride. And Disney will keep cranking out villains. Just a blue sky musing.

That we be AWESOME! If that was the case I would even pass up Lady Gaga roller coaster!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom