Rock n Roller Coaster refurb--has the inevitable arrived?

71jason

Original Poster
So I know RnRC went down for a week or whatever refurb today. And normally I'd dismiss this...but a fairly solid source (very plugged in CM) told me tonight Aerosmith is bring swapped out for Hannah Montana. I know the rumor has been floating for ages, but can anyone say definitively one way or the other?

Considering Miley Cyrus is ending her involvement with the "Hannah Montana" franchise now would be the worst time for that kind of move to be made. Not to mention, RNRC is one of the few "edgy" things that can appeal to teens or adults. Changing this to anything other than an adult music selection would ruin this ride.

sorcerergoofy

False.

:brick:

It would be awesome if it were true!!!!

Considering Miley Cyrus is ending her involvement with the "Hannah Montana" franchise now would be the worst time for that kind of move to be made. Not to mention, RNRC is one of the few "edgy" things that can appeal to teens or adults. Changing this to anything other than an adult music selection would ruin this ride.

I am a teen who loves Hannah Montana and still will even when it's off the air. I think bringing Hannah into RNRC would interest far more people than an old, stale band like Aerosmith does.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I think bringing Hannah into RNRC would interest far more people than an old, stale band like Aerosmith does.

I'd rather slit my wrists than consider riding anything connected to Hannah :hurl:

and as for Aerosmith being old and stale - that's why they've sold out their two UK appearances this year in a matter of days - and I've got tickets.

Captain Hank

I'd think if that (heaven forbid) were happening, Disney would want to make a big deal out of it in advance. For the time being, Hannah Montana is a hot property, and I'd think Disney would want to let it be known that she was coming to RNRC to help generate future vacation bookings rather than sneaking it in unannounced during a refurb. We also might have heard something from Hanes, trying to do a tie-in. Finally, with a change this big, I'd imagine something a little more definitive would have leaked out in advance.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hannah Montana overlay on an inverting launched coaster with a 1.2m height limit?

Almost as stupid as dropping Stitch into an attraction where the height limit and show format isolates the core target audience.

SMRT-1

I think bringing Hannah into RNRC would interest far more people than an old, stale band like Aerosmith does.

i agree, when i think rock and roll credibility i think hannah montana. :lol::lookaroun

i think most wouldn't make the height limit if it was changed! :lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Aerosmith are not the band they were, however even now in the latter years of their career they show just how truly awful the alternative of manufactured kiddy music is.

While im sure Ms Virus is popular in the pre pubescent community I just cant see an attraction aimed at teens and grown ups being themed around her limited demographic and lets be honest fairly limited appeal music.

sknydave

I always saw Aerosmith as the perfect fit for something like this being more about personality and less about how relevant they are. Well, Steven Tyler mostly.. How many world famous bands have a frontman who would be able to pull that intro off?

Nemo14

It would be awesome if it were true!!!!

I am a teen who loves Hannah Montana and still will even when it's off the air. I think bringing Hannah into RNRC would interest far more people than an old, stale band like Aerosmith does.

shoot me now...... :brick:

aklodge

So I know RnRC went down for a week or whatever refurb today. And normally I'd dismiss this...but a fairly solid source (very plugged in CM) told me tonight Aerosmith is bring swapped out for Hannah Montana. I know the rumor has been floating for ages, but can anyone say definitively one way or the other?
I would seriously doubt the validity of any information they give you going foward. The fact that anyone would even consider this to be true is laughable.

bstiles

Not bloody likely! Aerosmith hits a wide audience, the only way they would leave would be for another artist that is widely popular and that doesnt mean just right now, but throughout a couple of decades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom