Rock n Roller Coaster refurb--has the inevitable arrived?

Tigerace81

You're new here, aren't you? :):rolleyes:

Not really. Its a known fact they arent taking out Aerosmith in this refurb. I know alot about coasters and I know that Vekoma manufactured coasters are some of the roughest in the world and require a lot of maintenance that is almost impossible to keep up with during normal operation. Also did everyone apparently forget that they are switching it to a queue-less ride? From what I was told that system was temporary for the time being.

Also to point out why anyone believes that Aerosmith is getting the boot is utterly out of their mind, they don't even have enough time to strip the ride of anything relating to Aero and replace it with the new theme.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Not really. Its a known fact they arent taking out Aerosmith in this refurb. I know alot about coasters and I know that Vekoma manufactured coasters are some of the roughest in the world and require a lot of maintenance that is almost impossible to keep up with during normal operation. Also did everyone apparently forget that they are switching it to a queue-less ride? From what I was told that system was temporary for the time being.

Also to point out why anyone believes that Aerosmith is getting the boot is utterly out of their mind, they don't even have enough time to strip the ride of anything relating to Aero and replace it with the new theme.

Take it easy; that was a joke....

And yes, most of the people here are aware of the queue changes and the fact there is simply work being done to the guitar, not that Aerosmith is being replaced. But if you think they're going to pass up the opportunity to discuss Aerosmith being replaced with Miley, Gaga or AC/DC, then you've got another thing coming...

Tigerace81

Take it easy; that was a joke....

And yes, most of the people here are aware of the queue changes and the fact there is simply work being done to the guitar, not that Aerosmith is being replaced. But if you think they're going to pass up the opportunity to discuss Aerosmith being replaced with Miley, Gaga or AC/DC, then you've got another thing coming...

Ah, its just been a long day. Just wish people would face the facts on things like this. At least theyre making the ride better so I wont get the head bashing Vekoma's are known for this July.

Oriolesmagic

May have been mentioned already but I wouldn't mind seeing Queen....

Bohemian Rhapsody
Don't Stop Me Now
We Will Rock You
We Are the Champions

Could be awesome, IMO.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Ah, its just been a long day. Just wish people would face the facts on things like this. At least theyre making the ride better so I wont get the head bashing Vekoma's are known for this July.

Sounds like a good plan....:wave:

scpergj

I probaly have a CD or two from at least 70% of the above atrists. :D

Sugar Ray is playing at Food and Wine this year - does that mean Lady GaGa will too? (lord, I hope not)

If anybody likes Lady GaGa's music then thats cool, but realize what it is. Pro Tools 'singing' (more like chanting) over a drum machine beat with a bunch of subjects that appeal to the teen mindset (______, alcohol, cell phones, etc) and some very very good marketing.

As for RnRC, it needs songs that you can drive to. Drive as in a beat up 1970' Duster with the factory radio blaring out of the dash speaker going 90 miles an hour down a back country road and hoping a you don't throw a rod, have it come through the firewall, hit you in the thigh and then you bleed out and die.

Some how lyrics like "Rah rah ah ah ah, Roma Roma-ma Ga Ga ooh la la" don't invoke that feeling with me.

I am thinking more along the lines of Highway to Hell, Panama, Paradise City, Red Barchetta (ooo, thats a good one), heck YYZ as well.

I personly think White Stripes fits, but I realize that is not for everyone.

-dave

-dave

oh yeah...

My uncle has a country place, that no one knows about. He says it used to be a farm before the motor Law...(yes, from memory)

Neil Peart is the singular best percussionist rock and roll has ever seen.

Ever.

He's also a great jazz drummer...was supposed to be the next Buddy Rich.

The Rockin' Roller Coaster with Rush. I like it!

I pretty much would take any of what you listed above, but that's just me! I happen to code better when that stuff is blaring out of my iPhone.

Seriously. I program better with the metal flavor of Rock in my head. Weird...

Phonedave

oh yeah...

My uncle has a country place, that no one knows about. He says it used to be a farm before the motor Law...(yes, from memory)

Neil Peart is the singular best percussionist rock and roll has ever seen.

Ever.

He's also a great jazz drummer...was supposed to be the next Buddy Rich.

The Rockin' Roller Coaster with Rush. I like it!

I pretty much would take any of what you listed above, but that's just me! I happen to code better when that stuff is blaring out of my iPhone.

Seriously. I program better with the metal flavor of Rock in my head. Weird...

Well, pert is right up there, but others could have given him a run for the money

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3sf2DKEvpE&feature=related

And while I am a Rush fan, you have to give credit to the lyrics

"Reach down between my legs ....... and ease the seat back" I am sure that would go over SO well with the parents of youngsters on RnRC :)

-dave

mp2bill

It would be awesome if it were true!!!!

I am a teen who loves Hannah Montana and still will even when it's off the air. I think bringing Hannah into RNRC would interest far more people than an old, stale band like Aerosmith does.

It would be awesomely crappy if it were true. I have never been a huge Aerosmith fan, but the songs used on that ride are great, classic songs (I especially love riding the 2FAST4U car when they play Sweet Emotion). I agree, if they used mostly only their new songs, then yes, you could label Aerosmith as "old" and "stale," but any Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus songs used would be fake and manufactured. I highly doubt that she has ever written even one of her songs. I too would rather slit my wrists than have to sit through even 2 minutes of any of her songs, regardless of how great the roller coaster itself may be.

Anybody who ever thought that changing Aerosmith's Rock 'n' Rollercoaster to a Miley Cyrus Rollercoaster was a good idea, or even true, should have their head examined. :brick:

graphite1326

It would be awesomely crappy if it were true. I have never been a huge Aerosmith fan, but the songs used on that ride are great, classic songs (I especially love riding the 2FAST4U car when they play Sweet Emotion). I agree, if they used mostly only their new songs, then yes, you could label Aerosmith as "old" and "stale," but any Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus songs used would be fake and manufactured. I highly doubt that she has ever written even one of her songs. I too would rather slit my wrists than have to sit through even 2 minutes of any of her songs, regardless of how great the roller coaster itself may be.

Anybody who ever thought that changing Aerosmith's Rock 'n' Rollercoaster to a Miley Cyrus Rollercoaster was a good idea, or even true, should have their head examined. :brick:

I have to agre with this 100%. I'm 52 and have never heard a MC song, and don't care to. That's not rock-n-roll. Change it to her and I will NOT go on this ride.

captainkidd

I am a teen who loves Hannah Montana and still will even when it's off the air. I think bringing Hannah into RNRC would interest far more people than an old, stale band like Aerosmith does.

I have to assume this is a joke. You can't possibly be saying that Hannah Montana appeals to more people than Aerosmith.:lol:

PurpleDragon

Back on topic, how long witll RnRC be down during this refurb? I'm going to be down there from June 3rd thru the 10th and was planning on riding it. Will it be open by then?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom