Rock n Roller Coaster refurb--has the inevitable arrived?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
One thing has become abundantly clear...
Uni has the right idea with Rip Ride Rocket. Let the rider choose their own song.
Works great for me. I tend to use U2's "Vergito." and Beastie Boys' "Intergalactic":cool:
Try Motley Crues Kickstart my Heart - it`s almost in perfect sync ;)

Krack

You re-theme Rock N Roller Coaster to KISS, add a KISS Meet & Greet at the ride's conclusion, build a Nightmare Before Christmas darkride and the original Alien Encounter at the end of Sunset Boulevard and turn the entire area into "Spooky Land - where it's okay to be a little scary".

Done and done.

sorcerergoofy

You re-theme Rock N Roller Coaster to KISS, add a KISS Meet & Greet at the ride's conclusion, build a Nightmare Before Christmas darkride and the original Alien Encounter at the end of Sunset Boulevard and turn the entire area into "Spooky Land - where it's okay to be a little scary".

Done and done.

Awesome!

BrerFrog

But how would that work with RnRC, where the queue and the ride theme work together? You can't exactly have Steve Tyler getting you backstage passes for U2's concert on the other side of town... :shrug:

Maybe, when Aerosmith is removed (it will one day) they could slightly alter the preshow, centering it around the recording process of the studio instead of focusing on a specific band. It could work, and the only major change they would have to make is the video.

epcotWSC

If you read what I posted, I didn't say she had no talent. I said she had none of the flair for drama or the style and none of the talent of David Bowie, who it seems to me she's trying unsuccessfully to emulate.

Her "crazy act" as you aptly call it is exactly what I'm talking about.

You did say
and none of the talent.

So to me you were saying that she had no talent. So I was responding to that ;). Personally, I'd like her more if she just looked and acted normal. But ahh, today's society isn't much for normal. Normal doesn't sell. I like her pop music, but I prefer her acoustic stuff and even more so the jazzy type stuff like in that NYU performance that I posted.

Walt1967

I would imagine that a KISS Rock 'n Roll Over Coaster would do just fine. Paul Stanley would do the countdown to take-off justice.
Imagine listening to "Rock ' n Roll All Nite", "Detroit Rock City", or "Calling Dr. Love" while riding this great ride !

epcotWSC

How about Metallica coaster then? I'd enjoy that greatly. Led Zeppelin coaster? AC/DC? Lynyrd Skynyrd would be amazing, but not enough of the original band alive to do it.

How about The Who? Start of with Yeaaaahhhh!!! into 'Won't Get Fooled Again', awesomeness.

Anyway, Aereosmith is probably the best option for a Roller Coaster, although I wish the soundtrack was more randomized with some more of their old (and better) songs.

BrerFrog

How about Metallica coaster then? I'd enjoy that greatly. Led Zeppelin coaster? AC/DC? Lynyrd Skynyrd would be amazing, but not enough of the original band alive to do it.

How about The Who? Start of with Yeaaaahhhh!!! into 'Won't Get Fooled Again', awesomeness.

Anyway, Aereosmith is probably the best option for a Roller Coaster, although I wish the soundtrack was more randomized with some more of their old (and better) songs.

I will second The Who and Led Zeppelin.

Gregoryp73

Done and done.

They should do this with all of DHS...seperate it into more "move-like" areas...Action, Horror, Cartoon, Drama...so on.

I'll get yelled at for this one, but since universal dropped the Ghostbusters licensing, I would love to see them turn RnR into a Ghostbusters themed ride. (could you imaging the coasters repainted as ecto-1's??) There is a new movie coming out in a year or two. Add some pepper's ghost effects in the ride. It would be like Haunted mansion on steroids :)

There's nothing like walking under the arch with 'Rag Doll' playing. Before I went on the ride, I'd never heard Back In The Saddle. Now it's one of my favourite tracks. The problem is you need tracks with a bit of punch. So whilst there's many bands with good songs, they're not necessarily suited to a ride like this.

muse1983

They should do this with all of DHS...seperate it into more "move-like" areas...Action, Horror, Cartoon, Drama...so on.

I'll get yelled at for this one, but since universal dropped the Ghostbusters licensing, I would love to see them turn RnR into a Ghostbusters themed ride. (could you imaging the coasters repainted as ecto-1's??) There is a new movie coming out in a year or two. Add some pepper's ghost effects in the ride. It would be like Haunted mansion on steroids :)

Sir I would be first in line

MAF

If they're going to retheme the coaster to a has-been Disney star why not Lindsay Lohan? The ride could be themed as experiencing one of her cocaine binges...

Katiex4

She's still a bit young for that... but soon! :lookaroun

actually there's a video floating around the internet of Hannah Montana herself giving the director of her new movie (The Last Song) a lap dance. She's just being Miley, but girl is trying HARD to shed her good girl disney image, which is exactly why this rumor has got to be false.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
If they're going to retheme the coaster to a has-been Disney star why not Lindsay Lohan? The ride could be themed as experiencing one of her cocaine binges...

No one could handle that ride.........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom