RnRc Contract End?

stitch2008

You're all missing the obvious choice:

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, with STITCH

stitch_guitar_041806.jpg

:drevil:

I don't know. That does sound better then Rockin' Roller Coaster Staring: Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers.:lol: Personaly, I don't think Aerosmith is leaving Rockin' anytime soon. If they did want to change bands, they should add Linkin Park in my opinion.

I think that if the contract did run out, that WDI woruld make RnRC a sort of "create your own ride" with a custom soundtrack. It would tie in to Hanes' new store in DTD. I can see it now, "You just created your own ride, now create your own T-shirt at Hanes DTD."

It could also be an answer to Universal's Hollywood Rip. Ride. Rockit. coaster.

chipanddalefan5

I will not be a happy person if they change RnRc :mad:, that's one of my favorite rides. Think of how popular that ride is and how many people of different age groups it reaches out to. Do you really think it would be the same if they changed it to Hannah Montana.....NO!!!!!! Seriously, can you see a bunch of guys saying "Hey, let's go on the Hannah Montana ride".............................uh,no :rolleyes:. Maybe, just maybe, it might be popular to the young crowd at first, but lets face it, hannah montana isn't going to be popular forever like Aerosmith. I mean, who would dare compare Aerosmith to Hannah Montana:veryconfu. There's no competition...... If they were smart, they would renew the contract. And that's my say so on this thread, lol! :D

Silvermist

I think that if the contract did run out, that WDI woruld make RnRC a sort of "create your own ride" with a custom soundtrack. It would tie in to Hanes' new store in DTD. I can see it now, "You just created your own ride, now create your own T-shirt at Hanes DTD."

It could also be an answer to Universal's Hollywood Rip. Ride. Rockit. coaster.

I can see this as a viable alternative to a specific band. Good marketing tie in for Hanes also. I could live with that. What I cannot accept is a teen pop group (that's good for a couple of years at the most) taking over there.

Keep the ROCK in the coaster.
guitarist_mohawk1.gif

ksa1314

from working in the merchandise section of the attraction...

disney will probably renew the contract. if they didnt, disney would have to tear down the enitre attraction. legally the attraction is half owned by disney and half owned by aerosmith, so if disney ever wanted to change the ride they would have to tear down the whole thing and rebuild it so changing the theme will probably never happen

NO NO NO NO NOOO!!!! Getting rid of Aerosmith and putting in Hanah Montana or Jonas Brothers or any of the "Disney Channel Artists" for that matter would be such a tasteless move. Ulgh, yes I understand the huge tween demographic and all and how that could bring more of them and there families into the park, but putting it in place of Aerosmith is just wrong on so many levels. If they must, they could put in a seperate attraction (if they must) with Hanah Montana or Jonas Brothers elsewhere in the park, but RnRC with Aerosmith has just become too much of a classic for DHS.

Disneyson 1

Allow me to introduce another major problem to this thread:synching the ride to another band's most famous song/synching the famous song of a band to the ride! would this not take a lot of time and money?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Now is the time to get Nickleback in there.

However given that old rock bands are still filling stadiums around the globe, it makes sense to keep the place rocked up rather than polluting iy with some one hit wonder teeny bland.

EpcotServo

Allow me to introduce another major problem to this thread:synching the ride to another band's most famous song/synching the famous song of a band to the ride! would this not take a lot of time and money?

It would take time, but it can be done with pretty much any song. How well it synchs up is a matter of opinion, really. Just look, they took the same track and made five different music tracks for it, so.
:shrug:

hemloc

It wouldn't be any different or any more difficult than doing it for film(And it wouldn't take long at all!). It's all stamped to timecode, and the audio tracks can be mixed, stretched, pitched with ease through the wonderful, magical world of Pro Tools:king:.

ttalovebug

I highly doubt they would base it on any of the previously mentioned performers. If Aerosmith were to pull out, I think they would leave it without any particular band, just theme it on good ol' rock and roll, and come up with an original on-ride soundtrack.

TheKeeler7

I will not be a happy person if they change RnRc :mad:, that's one of my favorite rides. Think of how popular that ride is and how many people of different age groups it reaches out to. Do you really think it would be the same if they changed it to Hannah Montana :D

Why wouldn't it be the same. There seems to be no issue's filling the lines for Buzz, or TSM, and these are based on characters with a younger demographic. I good ride will attract the people. This is like saying I won't ride Test Track because I'm a Ford person not GM.

NO NO NO NO NOOO!!!! Getting rid of Aerosmith and putting in Hanah Montana or Jonas Brothers or any of the "Disney Channel Artists" for that matter would be such a tasteless move.

How would this be tasteless? How many rides in MK are based on Disney movies and shows.

One thing that amazes me about these threads is how set in their ways people are. I mean if you said in the mid 70's Disney would make a ride based on Aerosmith, people our age at the time would have been up in arms basing a ride on a group that promotes S*X , drugs and rock n roll.

It's like all these no more Pixar rides, Hello, a majority of the rides in Disney are connected to a movie or show and it's been that way since the start.

EpcotServo

Why wouldn't it be the same. There seems to be no issue's filling the lines for Buzz, or TSM, and these are based on characters with a younger demographic. I good ride will attract the people. This is like saying I won't ride Test Track because I'm a Ford person not GM.

Because Toy Story is a timeless story, that people from all ages and all walks of life enjoy.

Can you say the same for Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers? not really. You can make the same argument with Aerosmith, but at least you can place them high up into the genere of Rock N Roll the attraction depicts. Again, can you say the same for Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers? Nope. Any way you cut it, a key demographic of RNR would feel alienated.

stitch2008

I highly doubt they would base it on any of the previously mentioned performers. If Aerosmith were to pull out, I think they would leave it without any particular band, just theme it on good ol' rock and roll, and come up with an original on-ride soundtrack.

That's a good idea.

TheKeeler7

Because Toy Story is a timeless story, that people from all ages and all walks of life enjoy.

Can you say the same for Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers? not really. You can make the same argument with Aerosmith, but at least you can place them high up into the genere of Rock N Roll the attraction depicts. Again, can you say the same for Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers? Nope. Any way you cut it, a key demographic of RNR would feel alienated.

Have you been to a Jonas Brothers concert, I've been to 2 and there were plenty of adults having a pretty good time, Mind you they were their because their kids, but isn't that the reason most have seen Toy Story.

In terms of the theme, I agree, Jonas or Hannah would be a stretch, I would like to see Matchbox 20 or Def leppard or similar for a rock and roll theme,

My main point was the Anti- anything new and "younger" than us attitude.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom