RnRc Contract End?

Dabeast

i heard today that RnRc's contract with Aerosmith is about over with, what do you think Disney will do? Hopefully they will just renew it for more years

May I ask where you heard this from???:veryconfu

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
My main point was the Anti- anything new and "younger" than us attitude.

Cant speak for everyone but, I'm not anti anything younger than me, I'm just anti puerile disposable pop. And younger bands haven't a legacy to build a ride around.

Its bad enough that were getting glorified karaoke on the other side of the studios.

philsfan2185

Hanna Montana and Jonas Brothers aren't even rock.

Guests can always bring their ipod or mp3 player and listen to their own personal soundtrack for the ride.

Imagineer Mitch

Original Poster
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there anyone we can write to and stop them from ruining Rock N' Roller Coaster?

Aerosmith is the perfect band to use. A lot more people are familiar with them, young and old, than just the 12 year old girls that like Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers. How can they get rid of 4 time Grammy award winning band that has been inducted into the Rock 'N' Roll hall of fame and has their own guitar hero and still sells out shows world wide for a 16 year old girl that just happens to make more money than her one hit wonder father. It would just be a giant advertisement for Disney. DHS needs the most work of any park and if Disney was smart they would try and keep Aerosmith. Think of all the people they would lose? Adults, teens, and kids all ride Rock 'N' Roller coaster but if Hannah Montana takes over, then the only time adults will ride it is because they don't want their daughter going by themselves. Basically it would turn from a ride that everyone tries to ride as much as they can before they leave the park to a ride that is a one timer for a whole trip. I don't care how fun the ride is, because changing it to Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers wouldn't make it entertaining for a lot of people. I guarantee that many people would be upset by this move and I just hope that Disney will realize this before they spend any money on it. I am a huge Aerosmith fan, and in fact Aerosmith is the reason I am a music business major (I was introduced to them from Rock 'N' Roller Coaster) and I do know a lot about the band. They still owe Columbia records an album and they have stated that they will be around for a long time mostly doing EPs for the internet and touring every year. It is a band that can be reliable. I hope Disney makes a smart move and tries to renew the contract.

I know petitions don't usually work but we NEED to do something....
So who's with me? :cool:
im totally with you

I say they get VAN HALEN!!!!

wdw_bgw26.jpg

haveyoumetmark

Honestly, I don't really think Hanes would be against a HM or JB RNR. HM is an enormous cash cow and the synergy is near perfect. I am pretty much expecting to see this happen. I don't LOVE the idea, but I'm not entirely against it either. Aerosmith seems awfully random.

Tom Morrow

HM is a huge cash cow... for pre-teen girls.

But Disney wants everyone to ride Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, so they're not going to replace Aerosmith, especially with HM as it would turn away so many riders.

Seriously guys, Disney isn't that stupid.

dxwwf3

But Disney wants everyone to ride Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, so they're not going to replace Aerosmith, especially with HM as it would turn away so many riders.

No they aren't, but in all honesty, would you be THAT surprised if they held a press conference tomorrow and announced a HM changover for the RNRC? I certainly wouldn't be shocked.

haveyoumetmark

.....and their parents.

I know Disney isn't stupid, but they have dollar signs in their eyes, like always.

Tom Morrow

No, I really would be suprised, because of all the points that have already been mentioned in this thread.

Rumors like this emerge because people always think the worst possible scenario when they hear a contract is ending, without realizing that Aerosmith probably signed a 10 year contract, and would gladly sign another 10 year contract, since hey, having your own roller coaster at WDW is a lot of exposure!

.....and their parents.

I know Disney isn't stupid, but they have dollar signs in their eyes, like always.
What about all the high schoolers, college students, and young adults who come to DHS ONLY for RnRc and ToT?

What about all the companies that pay BIG BUCKS to rent out Rock 'n' Rollercoaster for a convention?

Yes, it would still be the same roller coaster, but the Hannah Montana theme would be a HUGE turn-off for the vast majority of RnRc's riders.

I'm won't buy any products by Hanes if they do this.

Out of 73 posts only about 2 people agreed that HM or JB would be a good idea so....... anyone else with me? haha maybe if we get enough people to do it then Hanes will force them to change it like kodak made them change JII.

Roxas

They should leave it as it is.

I'm not a huge Aerosmith fan but as a massive fan of classic rock (e.g. Queen) I believe changing this ride would be a seriously bad idea.

Besides which most modern music is trash but HM and Jonas Bros. (whoever the hell they are, they are fairly unknown over here in the UK) aren't even rock.

Pop-rock/Poof-Rock/Wuss-Rock maybe... (even poof-rock is pushing it a bit)

Captain Hank

I'm won't buy any products by Hanes if they do this.

Out of 73 posts only about 2 people agreed that HM or JB would be a good idea so....... anyone else with me? haha maybe if we get enough people to do it then Hanes will force them to change it like kodak made them change JII.
Keep in mind that there is a lot of speculation and unsubstaniated claims going on in this thread. First of all, we don't know for sure that Aerosmith's contract is ending soon. Second of all, we don't know that Aerosmith wouldn't be willing to sign a new contract if it is in fact ending soon. Third of all, if the contract is ending, and Aerosmith isn't interested in renewing, we don't know that Disney would go ahead with branding the coaster to one of the new, Disney Channel properties, or would rather go with a generic theme, like Disney Studios Paris' version of Rock 'n Rollercoaster.

In other words, this thread should probably have the phrase "Don't Panic" printed in large, friendly letters on the first page.

Edit: I was wrong--the Disney Studios Paris version of the attraction is also Aerosmith-themed.

CThaddeus

Dump Aerosmith. I know I'm in the minority here, but they're the ONLY reason I don't go on Rock n' Rollercoaster when I visit. I put up with the painful preshow and the even more painful onboard audio twice. That's about all I need of Aerosmith in a lifetime. At least when they come on the radio in my car I have the ability to change the station.
Give us some options to choose what we want to listen to, as has been previously posted. Throw in a couple of lame Hanna Montana/Jonas Brothers songs for the younger set, but give the rest of us options, too. I like the mention of Queen in the previous poster's reply, as well as maybe ELO, Genesis, The Cars (get the tie-in?), and yes even hair bands for those who want them. I'm sure there are many other great choices out there; let the Imagineers put their creativity to work. I'm even game for a generic soundtrack, like Space Mountain or California Screamin' at the Disneyland Resort. I love those tracks, and they make the ride even more spectacular.

hpyhnt 1000

Dump Aerosmith. I know I'm in the minority here, but they're the ONLY reason I don't go on Rock n' Rollercoaster when I visit. I put up with the painful preshow and the even more painful onboard audio twice. That's about all I need of Aerosmith in a lifetime. At least when they come on the radio in my car I have the ability to change the station.
Give us some options to choose what we want to listen to, as has been previously posted. Throw in a couple of lame Hanna Montana/Jonas Brothers songs for the younger set, but give the rest of us options, too. I like the mention of Queen in the previous poster's reply, as well as maybe ELO, Genesis, The Cars (get the tie-in?), and yes even hair bands for those who want them. I'm sure there are many other great choices out there; let the Imagineers put their creativity to work. I'm even game for a generic soundtrack, like Space Mountain or California Screamin' at the Disneyland Resort. I love those tracks, and they make the ride even more spectacular.

Now you know how the majority of us would feel if RnRC was changed to a HM, JB, or HSM soundtrack. ;)

EpcotServo

In other words, this thread should probably have the phrase "Don't Panic" printed in large, friendly letters on the first page.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Anyways, let the record state I'm against "choosing your own track". It's a gimmick, and I really think letting it be random is a much better longrun tactic and is the only way to preserve and keep the story and show in order. Plus it would make loading awful.

Oriolesmagic

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Anyways, let the record state I'm against "choosing your own track". It's a gimmick, and I really think letting it be random is a much better longrun tactic and is the only way to preserve and keep the story and show in order. Plus it would make loading awful.

Tell me about it, that would be awful besides...If they did it the would probably put the music screens in that place to your left just before loading...and that would be horrid!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom