RnRc Contract End?

barkatozz

Surely if Aerosmith do have to go then the only logical choice is:
- a band who has a very familiar look
- a band with a strong brand
- a band associated with comic books and all manner or childrens toys (ie a theme park ride would be a logical next step)
- a band who are already media whores....

In my books this leaves only 1 band, the hottest band in the world.... KISS!
Now you're talking.....however, Mr. $immon$ may get too greedy & try to bilk too much of a fee.

itasman

and a giant french castle doesn't spoil the ambiance of a turn of the century american town? :shrug:
Also, I read that the hat was built because the owners of the Chinese Theater wanted money every time Disney had a shot of their Chinese Theater in their Disney park ads so to avoid this, (and to avoid taking out the Grear Movie Ride) Disney built the giant hat to block it from being filmed

Your analogy about the castle is not quite equivalent. Now, if we placed a giant glass slipper in front of the castle, then that would be a fairer comparison.

Also, the story you provide on the reason for building the Hat, is one of many variations that circle the internet, without any proof, that Warner Brothers (the former owners of the Chinese Theater) would not allow Disney to use the image of the theater. I would love to see some official confirmation of this, though that is strangely lacking.

What is very obviously true, however, is that Warner Brothers, who also own the rights to all of MGM's classic movies, don't seem to mind having them highlighted in...the Great Movie Ride, housed in the replica of the Chinese Theater, which they used to own until recently. One of many reasons why I think these stories about the Hat having to be built for legal reasons related to the image of the theater, are just internet legend, and nothing more.

Gooch

oh no.

please no.

the thought alone of a RnRc without aerosmith...it's...it's like superman without the "s" on his chest. it needs to be there or just isn't the same!

steener618

I suggested this on another thread, but Disney could put multiple Rock n' Roll bands on the soundtrack and just call it the Rock n' Roller Coaster (dropping "starring Aerosmith"). Way better idea than the rumored Hannah Montana or Jonas Brothers too. If Aerosmith stays, then keep it the way it is.

hardcard

i'm sure a major point of contention would be getting Aerosmith to re-shoot the booth video.... a certain hand gesture would need to be removed.

CinderALLIE

Elvis Presley, Lynyrd Skynyrd, or a mixture of the Oldies.

Sorry haven't read whole thread. Has anyone mentioned when the contract is supposed to expire.

As for above quote, if it was Elvis I wouldn't actually have to try and talk my Mum into going on it, she'll be dragging me along:ROFLOL:. And afterall he is the King of Rock n Roll so he should be the one with the ride. Plus they use his songs in a lot of Disney Movies. It'll be perfect as everyone knows who he is. Only issue would be the theme at start, you can't go backstage and to his concert. Time Machine!!

pazapalooza

the thought alone of a RnRc without aerosmith...it's...it's like superman without the "s" on his chest.
I guess no one wants to remember the fiasco known as Superman Red/Blue. I also heard the No Doubt stuff, but I thought that was more for a west coast version.

Senderella
mentioned a rock band that's widely accepted. I've decided to throw my vote (we're voting?) for Fleetwood Mac. All their members are alive and Stevie Nicks is still touring. I'm also pretty sure that they are in the RnR Hall of Fame. It would help with the people because although they rocked out in the 70s they have had a lot of Adult Contemporary success as well. Most of the visuals can stay the same; just throw in some bats, doves, and random witches and you'd have.

Make some interesting medley of: Rhiannon, Go Your Own Way, Dreams, Edge of Seventeen*, and Stand Back* and it would be quite interesting.

And hey, I'm sure it would attract more visitors from Gay Days. Stevie Nicks is like one of their goddesses.

(But if i had my way, it would be Rock n Roller Coaster featuring Hall & Oates :cool:. Luckily I have no weight in the selection process)

*Yes i know Edge of Seventeen and Stand Back are Stevie Nicks solos.

I guess no one wants to remember the fiasco known as Superman Red/Blue. I also heard the No Doubt stuff, but I thought that was more for a west coast version.

Senderella
mentioned a rock band that's widely accepted. I've decided to throw my vote (we're voting?) for Fleetwood Mac. All their members are alive and Stevie Nicks is still touring. I'm also pretty sure that they are in the RnR Hall of Fame. It would help with the people because although they rocked out in the 70s they have had a lot of Adult Contemporary success as well. Most of the visuals can stay the same; just throw in some bats, doves, and random witches and you'd have.

Make some interesting medley of: Rhiannon, Go Your Own Way, Dreams, Edge of Seventeen*, and Stand Back* and it would be quite interesting.

And hey, I'm sure it would attract more visitors from Gay Days. Stevie Nicks is like one of their goddesses.

(But if i had my way, it would be Rock n Roller Coaster featuring Hall & Oates :cool:. Luckily I have no weight in the selection process)

*Yes i know Edge of Seventeen and Stand Back are Stevie Nicks solos.

Fleetwood Mac doesn't have as many recognizable songs compared to Aerosmith or some other artists talked about in this thread. I like Fleetwood Mac but you honestly think that Rhiannon, Go Your Own Way, Dreams, Edge of Seventeen*, and Stand Back would be the type of music that would be played on a Roller Coaster? Rock N' Roller Coaster needs hard rockin' guitar riffs with heavy blues licks and that's Aerosmith's style which is why it fits so well. The genre that Fleetwood Mac falls into would be more of a Folk/pop/classic rock rather than hard rock. All their members are alive but the only original member left in the band is their drummer Mick Fleetwood (Stevie Nicks didn't join the band till '75). But basically my point is that Fleetwood Mac has good music and (I would say somewhat) widely accepted but their music isn't "Rockin'" enough to be on Rockin' Roller Coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom