Rides you refuse to go on?

MKCP 1985

The worst/most unrideable ride in all of Walt Disney World for me is (drum roll, please):

EPCOT: Living With the Land - "Look, spinning vegetables! We make our own ketchup." :hurl:

NemoRocks78

Seized
PeeplMoovr said:
And I won't go in Hall of Presidents again until after 2008. ;)

:lol: :sohappy:

I refuse to wait in line for the following (will only ride when there is little to no wait):
- Rock 'n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith (boring)
- Space Mountain (boring)
- Test Track (or I'll get a FP)
- Mission: SPACE (boring)
- Any Fantasyland attraction
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Haunted Mansion
- Great Movie Ride
- Jungle Cruise

I refuse to experience the following attraction, even if there is no wait:
- Stitch's Great Escape! (I'm sure we all know why :lol: )
- Ellen's Energy Adventure (extremely boring)

sparky105t

Dumbo! I remember the lines as a kid being infinitely long, and for very little pay out.

I also have to defend The Tiki Room. While the old show was far superior, I think the current show is funny. Gilbert is one of my absolute favorites, and Phil Hartman and Don Rickles really make the pre-show work.

Also, the Hall of Presidents takes a little too much heat. It certainly isn't the most thrilling show, but I don't think it's too much to ask to put a little history into your day...although you should know that this is coming from a guy who could watch the American Adventure all day and not complain.

abe_bb

I will never, ever, go on the teacups with my wife...

my mother and my wife went to an amusement park two years ago, and got on the tilt-a-whirl... all three of us... my wife likes to spin REALLY REALLY fast... I don't....

And you know what happens on the tilt a whirl when you have more weight in the car, right?

I refuse to go on any spinny-type-rides ever since then... otherwise... :hurl:

Otherwise, I refuse to go on M:S (and yes, that is a decision that was made BEFORE the recent tragedy).

I can't wait for the Hall of Presidents though! That means it is naptime! Yeah Naps! :sohappy:

BG Rugger

sparky105t said:
Also, the Hall of Presidents takes a little too much heat. It certainly isn't the most thrilling show, but I don't think it's too much to ask to put a little history into your day...although you should know that this is coming from a guy who could watch the American Adventure all day and not complain.

Here Here! ...although I am a History major... :p

General Grizz

Yeah, let's not make the thread political. Although I love the Hall of Presidents: it's EXTREMELY nostalgic. I wish I had the score to the entire show.

NadieMasK2

Because of motion sickness:
Teacups
Mission:Space
Star Tours
Body Wars

Because I can't handle big vertical drops:
TOT

Because these are extreme torture:
Swiss Family Treehouse
Indy Speedway

jcat2312

abe_bb said:
I will never, ever, go on the teacups with my wife...

my mother and my wife went to an amusement park two years ago, and got on the tilt-a-whirl... all three of us... my wife likes to spin REALLY REALLY fast... I don't....

And you know what happens on the tilt a whirl when you have more weight in the car, right?

I refuse to go on any spinny-type-rides ever since then... otherwise... :hurl:

Otherwise, I refuse to go on M:S (and yes, that is a decision that was made BEFORE the recent tragedy).

I can't wait for the Hall of Presidents though! That means it is naptime! Yeah Naps! :sohappy:

You didn't have to go on with me!!:p

The only ride I absolutely refuse to go on is Rock N Roller Coaster...I don't like rides with really loud music.....

NadieMasK2

CaliSurfer182 said:
Hmmmmm the only ride I tend to refuse to go on (which I ultimately have to give into) is the car ride home. :)

:lol:

I like the end of the Hall of Presidents - the animatronics are really cool :cool:
But the movie, now that's another story. :snore: :snore:

Chape19714

Hmmm...I refuse to go on...
Tower of Terror
Rock n' Roller Coaster (but after California Screamin', I may give it a try)
Playhouse Disney

What I have been on and will never do again (unless all my friends REALLY want to or something)

Country Bears
Pirates of the Carribean (after seeing the original in California, I can't even face our short version)
Liberty Square Riverboat (boring)
Dinosaur
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Ellen's Energy Adventure (unless I need a nap)
Living with the Land
Enchanted Tiki Room: Under new Management (again, saw the original)
Mission:Space (went during passholder preview, and it was just too intense for me, it is a great ride!)

egionet

I'm probably the only person in the world that absolutely hates Maelstrom. I'm really scared of trolls, so I just refuse to ride it. I'll go shopping around the other pavilions while the family is on that.

Pongo

egionet said:
I'm probably the only person in the world that absolutely hates Maelstrom. I'm really scared of trolls, so I just refuse to ride it. I'll go shopping around the other pavilions while the family is on that.

The first time i rode Maelstrom (when I was four), my parents told me there were trolls on the ride. At the time, (early 90's) the toy trolls with the neon hair and jewels in the belly were really popular. Being a kid, I thought that is what she meant. You can imagine how scared I was when I rode the ride. Now I'm fine with it.

I refuse to go on... Ellen's Energy Adventure, Buzz (unless I have a fastpass), Honey I Shrunk The Audience, and Ticeratop Spin.

As stated above, it's more like a severe dissuasion than a totaly refusal.

Epcot82Guy

I have to say Magic Carpets of Aladdin merely on principal. Dumbo and Astro Orbiter were enough, but at least they had different principles. Triceratops Spin is at least in a different park.

I also have to defend my Living with the Land. Only original ride that still is operating pretty much as it did when it opened. A lot to get out of it if people listen (to the land - bad pun, I know).

dandaman

I'll go on ToT (not that I'd refuse anyway...) with WDWMagic'ers that are hesitant... only if I get to buy the on-ride photo. :lol:

Tom

Beta Return
I won't go on RnRC, M:S, Teacups, Star Wars, Body Tours or Space Mountain. I've ridden Space, Body and Star Wars, and they made me nautious:hurl: . I know for a fact that the other three will, so why waste my time trying?

As for ones I don't enjoy and won't ride unless I ever have kids and they wanna ride: Dumbo, Aladdin, Indy Speedway, Mexico, anything in Dinoland except DInosaur itself, anything in Toon Town.

I'm shocked to see how many people refuse to ride the classics, like Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Little Mermaid, Great Movie Ride, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom