Ride videos!!!!

kevlightyear

Three eyed alien pc users. That sounds about right. I'm pretty sure Pixar uses macs, but I could be wrong.

I'll watch what I say from now on. :D

Just remember, for every avid mac-hater, there is another avid pc-hater.:animwink:

DCA Fan

I'm amidexterous (sp?) when it comes to PCs and Macs. I use both of them. I don't really care which. Now, back to the stuff....

UPLOADED:
Disney parks medley
Six Flags- Riddler's Revenge Theme
Six Flags- X Theme

Thanks to whoever uploaded the DisneySea revealed vid. That was really good, although it took forever to download!

dxwwf3

Hello. I have noticed that most of the video files on the mIRC are in the AVI format. What is the best way to turn those files in to MPEG's so I can but them on a VCD? Thanks.

bamboo7

Hey. i'd like to make a video of the diamond horseshoe review before it closes, but i need a second cameraman with a dv camera. anyone willing to help out with this project?

Main Street USA

Originally posted by kevlightyear
I'm pretty sure Pixar uses macs, but I could be wrong.

As stated above, PCs are currently the only machines that support Maya, the #1 most versatile computer animation base program. Pixar uses PCs. Macs USED to be the dominant machine for any and all digital graphics based media, but that has since changed.

NowInc

Originally posted by Main Street USA
As stated above, PCs are currently the only machines that support Maya, the #1 most versatile computer animation base program. Pixar uses PCs. Macs USED to be the dominant machine for any and all digital graphics based media, but that has since changed.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

Maya is on OSX too..granted its not worth the disc its printed on..but it DOES run on a mac...

pixar however..does NOT run mac ;) (this i know for a FACT having done my time there)

They also did not use Maya up until long after its release..they used Marienette (propriotary software) for animation, and power animator for modeling. Renderman was, and will always be their main choice for a render engine,.....since they wrote it ;)

Macs are no longer even an option for 99% of the graphics companies anymore..high prices and instability...as well as lack of support plague them..PCs are cheaper, and easier to network. Most studios now are running either windows or linux...SGI even submitted and are making PC workstations.

.....hehe..YaY..i topic i know stuff about :D

NowInc

Originally posted by Main Street USA
I didn't know they finally came out with a Mac version of Maya. Lookeee there! I learn something new everyday!

It was apparently highly requested by MAC users..so alias made it so...

however...

there is a WHOLE backstory which unfortunatly may have the conclusion of apple buying alias and making Maya "mac only" (they did it with emagic Logic..and audio program)...cuz the Mac version of Maya is a TOTAL flop...bad bugs as well as a VERY small userbase....which kinda contradicts the "demand" for it...and by no small coincidence..Steve Jobs was seen at Alias's home office on many occasions prior to the announcment of the OSx version of Maya...and of course..his affliation with pixar is also a HUGE factor...

...yah...its a long long story...which is the main reason why i actually mostly switched to XSI :x

sackngs3120

Hi I just met Cornniblitz tonight and he pointed me in this direction. They were very greatful in helping me fill some holes in my DL Mp3 Collection. I was wonder if anyone out there could fill the rest. From the DL Forever Kiosks I need:

Main Street

Dentists Office 4:15
Main Entrance "Ticket Booth Facts" 1:49
Area Music Lets Have a Drink on It 1:27
Market House Party Line Phone 3:14
Dl Railroad Depot Announcement 0:45
DLRR Main Street Station Ticket Announcement 2:07

Tomorrowland

Rocket to the Moon Full Show Part 1 4:28
Rocket to the Moon, "Rocket Engine Sound" 3:45
Rocket to the Moon, "Spaceport Sounds" 3:21
Tomorrowland Stage, "Spiel" 1:07
Innoventions, "Preview Version of Innoventions (Home)" 3:37
Carousel of Progress, "Progress City" (Inst.) 1:28
Inst. of "Christmas #5." Starts out with "Jingle Bells." Was "Merry Christmas from Progress City."

Ablirien

Originally posted by kevlightyear
While there aren't many mac users here, I certainly am one!

As far as IRC goes, I'm still looking for a good client. I've been using Snak, but since I haven't registered the program yet, it only works for 30 minutes at a time. I know, I'm cheap, but I'm still looking for a free, yet effective client.

As far as FTP, someone recently recommended Transmit to me, and I love it. It's probably your best bet, and if not, Fetch is good as well.

Let me know if you need any help!

First off, this is my first post! I've been reeading here for a long time (ever since the first coverage of Horizons going down for Mission: Space) and I just realized that I have an account here (To view some picture a long time ago).

Well, I'm a Mac OS X user (and PC user, but mostly Mac) and I've downloaded this Snak program and have NO IDEA how to use it. I'm very new to this whole IRC thing. So, it would be very nice if someone can help me get to all this media I'm dying for.

Thanks

Also, sackngs3120, I have many of those audio tracks you've listed, but I don't know how to get them to you.

kevlightyear

First off, Ablirien, I absolitely love that avatar! I never would have noticed that!

Actually Snak is very easy to use, once you get the hang of it. Keep in mind that I've only been using for about three months. Once you have a server name (I've been using irc.eviltwins.org), then all you have to do is connect to it. Once it's connected, type in "/j #disney-central" and it should take you into the channel. From there, just type in a trigger in the box on the bottom of the window and another window will pop up, and that will be your chat with popkid, the one with all the files. Please feel free to IM me (sn: kevlightyear) or email me if you need any help! Us Mac users need to stick together!

~kev

DisneyJedi

Hey guys! I am working on capturing and encoding the Disney 2000 Travel Planning VHS video. If you haven't already, you can now order the 2003 Disney Travel Planning video in VHS or DVD on the official Disney website for free.

I have 2000(VHS), 2001(VHS) and 2002(in CDROM). I am hoping to capture them all to the PC. When finished, they will be on Popkid's IRC server bot. Does anyone have these travel videos prior to 2000? I'd love to see them.. especially ones from the Horizon days. Let me know if you can help us out. Thanks!

bamboo7

Originally posted by DisneyJedi
Hey guys! I am working on capturing and encoding the Disney 2000 Travel Planning VHS video. If you haven't already, you can now order the 2003 Disney Travel Planning video in VHS or DVD on the official Disney website for free.

I have 2000(VHS), 2001(VHS) and 2002(in CDROM). I am hoping to capture them all to the PC. When finished, they will be on Popkid's IRC server bot. Does anyone have these travel videos prior to 2000? I'd love to see them.. especially ones from the Horizon days. Let me know if you can help us out. Thanks!

i think i might have some older ones. i'll have to get someone to check for me. i'll let ya know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom