Ride videos!!!!

DisneyCP2000

The majority of the links in the beginning of this thread are now defunct. I don't think they really work anymore. BUT, all the media that is missing is now on Disney-Central on mIRC. Check a couple of the signatures in this thread for instructions on how to start downloading your favorite tunes and videos. It takes a bit of practice to learn it: but when you do you'll find a wealth of goodies online!

As for your new membership, it works towards the main page www.wdwmagic.com . Steve, the founder of this site, has a LOT of great videos of attractions and shows. With your support of $35 you should be able to download stuff from there.

RU42

Sorry Minnie and anyone else with problems - currently the #Disney-Central website is down. We will get back to you as soon as we know more.

I have a guide that Jedi and I wrote. It tells all about mIRC and Invision.

If you can get to the mIRC site, then this guide is lcoated in the PUBLIC FOLDER. guide to mIRC 2.doc

If you do not have access, please PM me with your e-mail address and I will e-mail you a copy.

RU

DisneyJedi

Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
How do you upload stuff? I have the new China movie and would like add it to the movies :D

Popkid made a generic upload-only FTP account. I will PM you the info so you can upload it. Thanks! :)

DisneyCP2000

I uploaded the Reflections of China movie in the public folder. It's a bit shaky at first but then 'levels' out. I'll have to play with settings a bit more before I get any better at this ;) . I have a GREAT movie of Illuminations from Italy, and a lot of footage of Flower and Garden.

DisneyJedi

Great App for Making DIVX AVIs To Share

Just wanted to mention a new application that was recently released for making DIVX AVI's. It is called Dr. DIVX . I have tested it since the weekend and am thoroughly impressed. Not only is it quick and easy (3 steps) to go from source to divx avi, but the quality is superb and the encoding engine it uses is insanely fast. Usually an encode will go around 11 frames/sec on my Pentium III 667, but using Dr Divx I am getting close to 29 frames/sec. Dr. DIVX uses the new divx5.05 codec as well. I have found it to be fantastic when using 2-pass encoding in Dr Divx. The output is indistinguishable from the original source (say for example on a 44-minute TV show with a target of 350MB). The source files I have worked with are digital rips from my TiVo, but Dr. DIVX has the ability to import from digital camcorders and capture cards. It seems very versatile and I thought I would mention it to those unsure about how to make these encodes and have them look great. Dr. DIVX will do all the work for you.

One thing to add.. since it uses the new DIVX5.05 codec which is a legal codec (unlike the early divx3.11 codec that was hacked/stolen from Microsoft) it will be mpeg4 compatible for future DVD players. So the videos you make now using Dr DIVX to play on your PCs will someday (and now) play on set top DVD players. That's something to consider if you don't want to have to re-capture and edit in the future to maintain a playable format. There's a DVD player out now that can play your DIVX4 and 5 AVIs natively. I found one here:

http://www.1-877camcorder.com/dp450.html

As a note.. all future rips and ride videos I do I am going to try real hard to stick with DIVX5 and Dr. DIVX so this compatibility with the newer DVD players will hold.

DisneyCP2000

I just uploaded Illuminations: Reflections of Earth in the public folder too. It was filmed from the Italy pavilion.

DisneyJedi...thanks for that link. Converting files are so much easier. :)

kevlightyear

Re: Great App for Making DIVX AVIs To Share

Originally posted by DisneyJedi
Just wanted to mention a new application that was recently released for making DIVX AVI's. It is called Dr. DIVX.

That's quite interesting, actually. The program I use to decode the avi's into .mov's is called DivX Doctor. Go figure.

RU42

Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
I just uploaded Illuminations: Reflections of Earth in the public folder too. It was filmed from the Italy pavilion.

DisneyJedi...thanks for that link. Converting files are so much easier. :)

Is this the one with 'em' in the file name?

One suggestion - place you name in your captures. Like all of my captures end with RU so you know who's you are getting. Just makes identification easier. You could end all of your with a CP or something.

RU

RU42

I guess what you use is up to you. I lable everything RU because that is what I am know by in the internet world (whether it is online gaming, newsgroups, or forums.)

I dloaded the China one but haven't watched it. I will need to grab your ROE this weekend.

RU

Hey there

Is anyone else having trouble dowloading from disney-central? I can't seem to download files from tongoroa or themadman -- I cut and paste the file name, and am told that the file doesn't exist. But I am working from the most current version of their lists. It was working a few days ago.

Advice anyone?

Thanks

mikebrakes

cornnibblitz, I'm running into the same problem. Especially with themadman. I just downloaded a new updated list from both, and have been having the same problem ever since. Even files from the old list give me the same message.

Al

What a revolutionary thread this is! Thanks to everyone who has contributed! I have been following it from day one! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom