Ride videos!!!!

bamboo7

Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
I got a question about irc? How fast can files be transferred? My connections usually run 20K/sec when i get files? is that the average speed or can it be faster.

just wondering :)

the download spee dyou get relies almost completly on the upload speed of the person you are downloading from. THe server you are connected to can affect it a little.

disneytati

Hi, guys!

I am trying to join disney central, but I am having problems with mirc... Well last week I installed it (30 day trial, as I dont have money to pay for it), connected to disney central, and even started getting a file from Popkid. Today I tried to open it, but everytime I try to do something, my PC just turns off and restarts! Is there anything I can do? Or any other IRC server that I could download for free?

Thanks for the help!!!:)

DisneyJedi

Hi!! I feel your pain! I'm having immense computer probs this week. All of a sudden too.. My machine was stable as bedrock for 2 years straight. Can't encode videos, can't burn CDs. XP is giving me a headache. Just a long list of troublesome things happening one after another. :(

As far as mirc crashing.. you're the second person that has mentioned this to me lately. What version are you using? You might have better luck with an older version than 6.whatever.. like 5.03 or something. Don't worry about the 30-day trial. It keeps going and going and going after the 30 days. I have never paid for it (egad). If you have a virus scanner, do a full system scan to make sure that isn't crashing mirc. one thing with the dcc settings thing in Mirc.. by turning off dcc ignore (to make the file s
transfer) it also opens the avenue for people sending you virii. That's why I keep my Norton running on active scan so if someone tries to pull a fast one, it will catch it before I accidently click on it. Hope you can get mirc stable enough to grab some files and have a chat in the channel. I'll pray to the stability gods for my machine too. It is being anti-multimedia at the moment and I am not happy.

Originally posted by disneytati
Hi, guys!

I am trying to join disney central, but I am having problems with mirc... Well last week I installed it (30 day trial, as I dont have money to pay for it), connected to disney central, and even started getting a file from Popkid. Today I tried to open it, but everytime I try to do something, my PC just turns off and restarts! Is there anything I can do? Or any other IRC server that I could download for free?

Thanks for the help!!!:)

disneytati

:fork: :fork: :fork: I had the same trouble with the older version of mIRC too!!! I think there is some kind of virus that is making this happen... I will install Norton and do a virus scan and try again... Does anybody know any thoer IRC server, or any other way I could connecte to disney central without using mIRC? Just in case the virus scan doesn't work...:fork: :fork: :fork:

bamboo7

Ok, i am here now to announce my next big video production for Disney Central. This friday, April 25 (my birthday) will be the start of the Flower and Garden Festival. This is going to be the first F&GF i have been able to make it to, so i thought i'd shoot all the action for those of you who can't make it. I'll start shooting on friday and saturday, and hopefully it won't take too long to edit and compress.

DisneyJedi

:fork: :fork: :fork: I had the same trouble with the older version of mIRC too!!! I think there is some kind of virus that is making this happen... I will install Norton and do a virus scan and try again... Does anybody know any thoer IRC server, or any other way I could connecte to disney central without using mIRC? Just in case the virus scan doesn't work...:fork: :fork: :fork:

Dang.. I was hoping that would help you. Here are several other irc programs you can try. You can use the servers linked in my signature (though they might only pop up for mirc)

http://cws.internet.com/irc.html

Definitely check for a virus to be safe too.

Ben

RU42

DAN - That sounds awesome. I have never seen one except for a few pictures here and there. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

DISNEYTATI - I am currently using the latest version of mIRC and I am not having any problems with it. I also use the links in Jedi's signature (specifically #2) and it seems to do well.

A PC turning off and back on would not be a mIRC situation. That would be unusual. I recall reading in another thread that you just got your computer back to running - maybe something is still wrong? My guess is you have a hardware problem or maybe a problem with window's itself. I had a similar problem years ago but for the life of me cannot remember if it was hardware or windows - I think my solution was buying a new computer.

If you have access to newsgroups (or if not use google.com) and visit some to the technical groups. Try seraching under comp.os.ms-windows.______. There are several branches for each version on windows. Post your problem there and the supergeeks might be able to help you diagnose the problem.

Also - does the reset only happen with that one file or other programs? I am guessing you downloaded an AVI. Maybe it was incomplete and is causing a problem. Which file did you download and that is the file size - we can look up to see if it was a corrupted file.

RU

disneytati

I think I got it! I downloaded virc, and entered disney central, and started to download a file. Lets see if it still works tomorrow...:lol:

Thanks for the help!!!

bamboo7

I think I got it! I downloaded virc, and entered disney central, and started to download a file. Lets see if it still works tomorrow...:lol:

Thanks for the help!!!

if that doesn't work, you could try nirc, oirc, pirc, qirc, rirc or sirc.

ok, so that wasn;t funny. i'm tired!

disneytati

Hey, guys...

I had the same problem with virc and xirc...:( I think it is a windows problem, I think windows ME is incompatible with all irc programs... I dont know what to do... I feel so frustrated... I had been looking for those videos for almost a year, and when I found them, cant get them...:( Well, my aunt said she will format the HD and put the old windows 98 back, maybe we have more luck. Thanks for the tips, anyway!:)

RU, whats an AVI???

RU42

An AVI is a movie as an MP3 is an audio format. I should have been broader in my question; did you download a movie or a sound file?

Which file did you download and what is the file size on your hard drive. One other thing I can think of is the DCC settings from the popkid website need to be followed exactly - if not you will get incomplete files.

I don't have ME so I cannot comment there - I have no problems with W98 or XP.

You said you got mIRC to work but the file wouldn't work. Is mIRC not working at all now?

Sorry for all the questions, there are so many variables of what could be wrong, I am just trying to narrow them down some.

RU

disneytati

Originally posted by RU42
An AVI is a movie as an MP3 is an audio format. I should have been broader in my question; did you download a movie or a sound file?

Which file did you download and what is the file size on your hard drive. One other thing I can think of is the DCC settings from the popkid website need to be followed exactly - if not you will get incomplete files.

I don't have ME so I cannot comment there - I have no problems with W98 or XP.

You said you got mIRC to work but the file wouldn't work. Is mIRC not working at all now?

Sorry for all the questions, there are so many variables of what could be wrong, I am just trying to narrow them down some.

RU

Hey, RU!

Thank you for your attention!!!

Well, let me explain better: I downloaded mIRC, used it once, just to test, and started downloading a video file. The following day, when I tried to open mIRC again, it would not work, and my PC turned off by itself! I turned it on again, and everyhting was working very weel, but whenever I tried to open mIRC, it would turn my pc off!!! I tried to download mIRC again, another version, but the same problem happened. I downloaded virc, used it once, and then the same problem happened again, and again with xirc!!! I am afraid this could be a virus, but a virus would work in other programs as well, but it is only with the ircs... These things are difficult for brazilians, as very feww people know what is an IRC and nobody know how to use it!!!:brick:

I am going to change windows for the 98, and then try again...

Thanks!!!

RU42

There is a mIRC forum on their site. You can post your problem and maybe some of the mIRC experts can help.

http://www.mirc.com

On the left side look for MESSAGE BOARDS

The latest mIRC seems to have a few bugs. Older versions (pre 6) might work better. I read a few posts where people would have mIRC shut itself off, but not the whole computer.

RU

disneytati

Originally posted by RU42
There is a mIRC forum on their site. You can post your problem and maybe some of the mIRC experts can help.

http://www.mirc.com

On the left side look for MESSAGE BOARDS

The latest mIRC seems to have a few bugs. Older versions (pre 6) might work better. I read a few posts where people would have mIRC shut itself off, but not the whole computer.

RU

Yeah, I will give it a try. Maybe after the hd is formated and the new windows installed, the older version of mirc I had downloaded works well...

bamboo7

Yeah, I will give it a try. Maybe after the hd is formated and the new windows installed, the older version of mirc I had downloaded works well...

yea, yoru problem totally sounds like a windows problem. it is definetly not a virus. i think your problems will be fixed after you get windows re-installed.

disneytati

Originally posted by bamboo7
yea, yoru problem totally sounds like a windows problem. it is definetly not a virus. i think your problems will be fixed after you get windows re-installed.

Let's keep fingers crossed!!!:)

RU42

After a busy week - I have a few new items for your weekend viewing pleasure:

1. MGM Hunchback of Notre Dame - PreShow

2. MGM Backlot Tour (Jan 01)

3. MGM Great Movie Ride (Jan 01)

Also due to come out this weekend, as I find time to upload:

MGM Hunchback of Notre Dame - Full Show
MGM Beauty and the Beast - Full Show

RU

DisneyJedi

In case anyone was interested, I uploaded the Main Street Electrical Parade MPG. I found it in the newsgroup and thought it looked pretty good for an mpg. Comes complete with circle whipe effects and synchonized music. It's well produced. It's in popkid's (((attraction Videos))) folder. I named it

MainStreetElectricalParade_(Production).mpg

Enjoy! It was my first time seeing the MS Electrical Parade. Whoever made it did a really great job. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom