Ride videos!!!!

DisneyJedi

Originally posted by BenS
I had a problem like that. In MIRC:

1. Click DCC (press Alt + D if you can't find it).
2. Go to options.
3. Press the little plus next to DCC (ignore this if it's already open).
4. Choose "Folders".
5. Under DCC ignore, select Disabled.

That should help. :)

Thanks Ben! Here's some visual aids for those not seeing it.

Attachments

• dccoptions1.jpg
    dccoptions1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 118

DisneyJedi

Change to DCC Ignore

This is the option that will allow you to download from irc. I forgot to for this snapshot, but uncheck the last box or your settings will revert back to default in 3 minutes (or whatever you have specified).

Attachments

• dccoptions2.jpg
    dccoptions2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 118

popkid

ok - finally thru together a page that'll hopefully help get those of you looking for disney media into the channel on irc. you can find the info here. it's a work in progress, but i'm working on it so it'll hopefully progress :)

BenS

Re: Change to DCC Ignore

Originally posted by DisneyJedi
This is the option that will allow you to download from irc. I forgot to for this snapshot, but uncheck the last box or your settings will revert back to default in 3 minutes (or whatever you have specified).

Forgot to mention that. Nice Windows color scheme, by the way.

DisneyJedi

Originally posted by rustybox
hi

can anyone help me please?

i am being told on MIRC that i have been banned and i cannot connect to irc.newnet.net

can anyone help pls?

I think NEWNET is doing maintenance or something because I was the only one in #disney-central when I just clicked back to see what was up. Give it time.. something seems screwed up at the moment. Try connecting with other servers I listed (a few pages back in this threads).

DisneyJedi

AliceinwDW sent me a tape filled with a slew of Disney stuff. Here's a rundown of videos I am capturing and encoding:

• America the Beautiful
  • Follow Us To WDW (1984)
  • Disneyland - An Adventure in the Magic Kingdom
  • The Magic of Walt Disney World
  • Wonderful World of Disney - Disneyland Showtime (w/ Osmonds & Kurt Russel)
  • Epcot Opening Special
  • Walt Disney presents - People & Places - Disneyland USA
  • Walt Disney World Planning Video 1999
  • Disneyland Vacation Planning Video
  • Alien Encounter (from SIR preshow on home vid)
  • Country Bear Jamboree (home vid)
  • Snow White's Scary Adventures (home vid)
  • Hall of Presidents w/ G. W. Bush (home vid)

I've done the first three and am currently uploading the second one to popkid. I'm just going down the list and doing one at a time. I'm using DIVX to keep the file sizes down. I'm using a 352X240 resolution so those that wish to convert to videoCD to burn on a CDR to watch on their DVD players can do so. Anyway just thought I would let you all know what is up. AliceinWDW rules for sending me this awesome tape!

bamboo7

Originally posted by DisneyJedi
AliceinwDW sent me a tape filled with a slew of Disney stuff. Here's a rundown of videos I am capturing and encoding:

• America the Beautiful
  • Follow Us To WDW (1984)
  • Disneyland - An Adventure in the Magic Kingdom
  • The Magic of Walt Disney World
  • Wonderful World of Disney - Disneyland Showtime (w/ Osmonds & Kurt Russel)
  • Epcot Opening Special
  • Walt Disney presents - People & Places - Disneyland USA
  • Walt Disney World Planning Video 1999
  • Disneyland Vacation Planning Video
  • Alien Encounter (from SIR preshow on home vid)
  • Country Bear Jamboree (home vid)
  • Snow White's Scary Adventures (home vid)
  • Hall of Presidents w/ G. W. Bush (home vid)

I've done the first three and am currently uploading the second one to popkid. I'm just going down the list and doing one at a time. I'm using DIVX to keep the file sizes down. I'm using a 352X240 resolution so those that wish to convert to videoCD to burn on a CDR to watch on their DVD players can do so. Anyway just thought I would let you all know what is up. AliceinWDW rules for sending me this awesome tape!

wow. thanks barb and ben!

DisneyJedi

No problem guys! It took all afternoon, but I uploaded the third video to Popkid on irc. In #disney-central use the trigger

!dizVIDEOS

Then when Popkid pops up type this in that window:

cd (((TV SPECIALS)))

now

get follow_us_to_wdw_1984_(aliceinwdw_bcx).avi

It should start to downloading providing your DCC settings are correct for mirc (or whatever irc program you are using). Check out Popkid's help site at http://www.popkid.com/disneycentral for additional help.

Enjoy.. more under way..

Ben

gjpjtj

Wow this is great! Thanks AliceinwDW, and a big thanks to DisneyJedi for taking the time to convert and upload these!:)

REQUEST

Some time ago I uploaded the soundtrack to Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show...

But does anyone have a 'live' recording of the entire show? I have only found a live recording of the first 10 minutes of the show....

Grateful for your help!!

Jim

isnet396

ARR. I just had to reformat and I really didnt't want to backup 16 gigs of media, so i gotta re-dl it...what's the FTP for popkid's server? I have a private account.

Ian

DisneyJedi

Calling MAC users

Just wondering if the links to the channel in my sig work for the Mac. If you have windows and install Mirc, they work. Curious if they work for the Mac and what irc program you are using. Thanks!

DisneyJedi

Epcot Opening Special Now Available (Low Quality)

I just finished uploading the Epcot Opening Special to popkid on irc. It's in the (((TV Specials))) folder.

Epcot_Opening_Special_(AliceinWDW_BCX).wmv

It is 86MB

I am currently uploading a much higher quality one around 500MB, but don't start downloading that one yet, as it is has a very, very long way to go. Just wanted to get a smaller one up first for those interested. It's still quite a haul on 56k I know, but not sure how it would look any smaller (or even if that is necessary). Lemme know.

Ben

kevlightyear

Hey Ben:

As far as the links go, when I click on them, it opens a new window (in explorer) and then tells me that there is some error, meaning it doesn't support that protocol.

Anyway, thanks for the work you're doing, it's awesome!

kevlightyear

WOW! That's all I have to say. I just watched only the first eight or so minutes of the Epcot Special, and I'm stunned. Even with the quality. Now, I CAN'T WAIT to see the larger version. I'm so excited! Thank you so much, Ben and Barb!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom