Ride videos!!!!

bamboo7

Originally posted by isnet396
It seems as though Popkid's FTP Server is off while he's in WDW.

I'd be happy to "mirror" the FTP Server on my comps in NY, when 'yeh get back....

Ian

well, he isn;t in wdw yet. also, his ftp server is online, there are just no more public accounts.

DCA Fan

UPLOADED:
Scarols from 2002 Haunted Mansion Holiday. Think of them demented x'mas carols.

Flik's Fun Fair promo video

COMING ATTRACTIONS:
Shamu Adventure Soundtrack

isnet396

Originally posted by bamboo7
well, he isn;t in wdw yet. also, his ftp server is online, there are just no more public accounts.

If there are no more private accounts, whats the point of having the website (www.popkid.com/disney)? I was using the login info there to see if i could get in, and it doesn't work.

Ian

bamboo7

If there are no more private accounts, whats the point of having the website (www.popkid.com/disney)? I was using the login info there to see if i could get in, and it doesn't work.

Ian

yea, the ftp account that the website uses is gone. therefor, all the links on the website are broken now. you can still get all that stuff though, through his fileserver, in our irc channel.

bamboo7

I see..... whats the info for it?

well, the channel is #disney-central on Dalnet

if you aren;t familiar with irc, just read back a few pages on this thread. popkid, disneyjedi and myself explain all about it.

hope to see you there

- Dan

hitogoroshi

Original Poster
Hi!! Haven't posted in a while!!!
Let me start out by congratulate Popkid and everyone else involved with the IRC server!! Great job!!

I have two requests:

1. Could everyone please post the videos in mpeg format, because people (like myself:) ) maybe would like to burn them on vcd to watch them on a DVD player.

2. Is there anyone, that has any Universal Studios or IOA ride videos as well?? Would be nice to see, cause they also have some great rides!!

Would be nice!!!
Thanks, HITO

isnet396

Originally posted by hitogoroshi
Hi!! Haven't posted in a while!!!
Let me start out by congratulate Popkid and everyone else involved with the IRC server!! Great job!!

I have two requests:

1. Could everyone please post the videos in mpeg format, because people (like myself:) ) maybe would like to burn them on vcd to watch them on a DVD player.

There are several programs, such as TMPGNEC (I think) that convert MPG to AVI. Just look around for it. Its pretty simple.

Ian

hitogoroshi

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice, but that takes around 10 hours for a movie to convert and I thought, that instead of converting the movies to avi, whoever rips them can maybe leave it in mpeg!

DisneyJedi

As far as encoding to the VCD standand (MPEG1), the problem is that file size might be a bit cumbersome for people. Popkid says there's a bunch of dialup users that access the fserve and it would take them so much longer to download the vids. The channel is for everyone, not just folks with broadband. This is why I encode with DIVX AVIs for the channel so I can produce a small file that is more easily downloadable.

It does take awhile to convert videos to a friendlier DVD-player format. I have alot of divx vids I have downloaded.. when I really want to watch them on TV, I drag the PC downstairs and hook it into my TV with a transcoder. Some video cards have a vid-out on them as well. I look at as it takes hours to re-encode a DIVX vid to VCD, it is faster for me to grab my PC and bring it downstairs to use with the TV. It may be more effort to do that, but works for me until I can afford a new computer and migrate my current computer permanently downstairs by the TV.

I think as the channel grows and we get more and more servers, you will get more VCD versions since more servers may be willing to put on bigger files in different formats. We're still small in the channel and can use as much help as possible to build it bigger. :)

Come in and see us!

:sohappy:

bamboo7

Originally posted by DisneyJedi
As far as encoding to the VCD standand (MPEG1), the problem is that file size might be a bit cumbersome for people. Popkid says there's a bunch of dialup users that access the fserve and it would take them so much longer to download the vids. The channel is for everyone, not just folks with broadband. This is why I encode with DIVX AVIs for the channel so I can produce a small file that is more easily downloadable.

It does take awhile to convert videos to a friendlier DVD-player format. I have alot of divx vids I have downloaded.. when I really want to watch them on TV, I drag the PC downstairs and hook it into my TV with a transcoder. Some video cards have a vid-out on them as well. I look at as it takes hours to re-encode a DIVX vid to VCD, it is faster for me to grab my PC and bring it downstairs to use with the TV. It may be more effort to do that, but works for me until I can afford a new computer and migrate my current computer permanently downstairs by the TV.

I think as the channel grows and we get more and more servers, you will get more VCD versions since more servers may be willing to put on bigger files in different formats. We're still small in the channel and can use as much help as possible to build it bigger. :)

Come in and see us!

:sohappy:

not only file size, but picture quality is MUCH better with divxs. i reccomend getting a video card with a tv out (matrox makes REALLY good cards for this) and running a s-video cable to your tv. (you can get good s-video cables cheap from pccables.com)

bamboo7

Originally posted by hitogoroshi

also, divx-compatable dvd players are starting to surface.

take a look:
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.asp?RelatedID=2920

the only downside is that they require the newer versions of the divx codecs, which don't produce results as good as the 3.11 codecs.

anyway, its progress.

DigitalDisney

MPEGS can be significantly larger than DIVX-encoded AVIs. It's best to keep the file in AVI format to save space on the server, and to reduce download times.

Even though this is the information age and a lot of people have high speed internet access, it still takes a long time to download a 500MB video. It also consumes more disk space on the user's own computer.

I believe we should keep the videos as AVIs and leave it up to the users to encode them into MPEGs if they so desire.

bamboo7

Originally posted by Testtrack321
I don't want to look through 90 pages of stuff, so whats the IRC channel and where can I download IRC?

Also, do you have any ToN clips?

the irc channel is #disney-central on DALnet.
you can download mirc from download.com, or just click here.

if you are new to mirc, and are unable to figure it out on your own, just go back 4 or 5 pages in this thread, and look for posts by myself, popkid, or disneyjedi.

bamboo7

isnet396

Originally posted by bamboo7
the irc channel is #disney-central on DALnet.
you can download mirc from download.com, or just click here.

if you are new to mirc, and are unable to figure it out on your own, just go back 4 or 5 pages in this thread, and look for posts by myself, popkid, or disneyjedi.

OR, you can look at the thread entitled "For the mIRC Impared"

Ian

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom