Ride videos!!!!

Help!! Is it just me, or is the FTP down? I haven't been able to connect all day, and I haven't been able to figure out IRC. Are we done with the FTP? Popkid??

bamboo7

Originally posted by cornnibblitz
Help!! Is it just me, or is the FTP down? I haven't been able to connect all day, and I haven't been able to figure out IRC. Are we done with the FTP? Popkid??

the ftp is currently down, yea. it won't be gone for good, but you really should try to figure out the irc fileserver. it isn't hard to get the hang of.

Wilson

OK, I tried out the irc for the first time last night, with some success, but I have a couple of questions if anyone can help me:

I was able to get into some directories but not others. The tongoroa one worked the best, but was still hit and miss. I'd type in the trigger and sometimes it would come up and sometimes not. Is that normal, or am I doing something wrong? I wasn't able to access noonan, but from what I gathered from others it was down? Also, dsnycastmmber (sp?) has an ftp, how do you get to that?

Secondly, I was only able to get really small files, like under 100k. If I tried anything larger than that, I lost the connection. When that happens, can I resume the download? Also, I got a lot of 'idle connection will end in 30 seconds' in the chat session. Do you have to keep that connection going while you are getting something? Or can you leave that and open a new one? And as far as file size goes, am I just spitting in the wind trying to download large files with my dialup connection?

Sorry if these are basic questions, but I just started last night, and I've got no idea what I'm doing. Seriously, a blind monkey with a learning disability would be more adept at this than I am right now. But, I do appreciate any help or advice that anyone can offer, and I hope I can contribute some stuff in the near future.

DisneyJedi

Lemme see if I can help WIlson. I'm in the channel as BCX or Bencjedi so feel free to message me. I typically am only around between 8am and 5pm monday through friday, but I have been trying to pop in the evenings lately. Guess I missed you.

Anyway.. here goes..

I'd type in the trigger and sometimes it would come up and sometimes not. Is that normal, or am I doing something wrong? I wasn't able to access noonan, but from what I gathered from others it was down? Also, dsnycastmmber (sp?) has an ftp, how do you get to that?

Hmm.. the fserve you were trying to reach may have just been down. Ordinarily it will popup immediately for access. As far as dsyncastmmber, he's new and just showed up the last couple days or so. He indicated he'd love to share stuff. I didn't ask him much about how often he'd be serving. He did give me an account on his FTP and that seemed to work ok.

Secondly, I was only able to get really small files, like under 100k. If I tried anything larger than that, I lost the connection.

We'll have to talk to noonan and tongoroa about their fserves. If they have a 'limit cps or kbps' listed in their fileservers configs, it is very, very likely that's why you are getting knocked off.. Your dialup is too slow, so those fserves are knocking you off. I'll see if they can take that off, if it is causing it.

When that happens, can I resume the download?

Yes. Ordinarily when you loose a transfer, just use the trigger to get the fserve to come up and type "get filename", as before to restart and resume the same download.

Also, I got a lot of 'idle connection will end in 30 seconds' in the chat session. Do you have to keep that connection going while you are getting something?

That's normal and by design. You don't have to constantly type in commands for the eventual download (if you're queued). You do have to keep typing in commands (like dir) if the server session is about to close and you have not done "get filename" on the file you want.

Or can you leave that and open a new one? And as far as file size goes, am I just spitting in the wind trying to download large files with my dialup connection?

Always use the same one. If it closes, just start it up again. :)

Sorry if these are basic questions, but I just started last night, and I've got no idea what I'm doing. Seriously, a blind monkey with a learning disability would be more adept at this than I am right now. But, I do appreciate any help or advice that anyone can offer, and I hope I can contribute some stuff in the near future.

Hope this will help! Hope to see in the channel. Don't be shy about leaving your irc connected and on all the time if you have cable or dsl. Even on dialup, you're welcome to hang in there until you need your telephone. :) We're trying to make a happy hangout in #disney-central where everyone can have a good time and chat and stuff. So come on over! :)

DisneyJedi

New Encodes in #disney-central

I've recently encoded and uploaded some videos in #disney-central that you may enjoy. Check out:

<noonan> travelchannel_wildernesslodge_(bcx).avi 133 mb
<noonan> travel_channel_wdw_behind_scenes_(bcx).avi 257 mb
<noonan> travel_channel_yacht_&_beach_club_(bcx).avi 137 mb

They are on noonan's fserve which can be accessed with the trigger: !dizvideos
Look in the folder: (((TV SPECIALS)))

Enjoy!

:sohappy:

bamboo7

Disney Trivia Comes To #Disney-Central

Thanks to our newest irc channel contributer 'dsnycastmmber', we now have live disney trivia in the irc channel. be warned, it is very addictive. come check it out.

bamboo7

Originally posted by Main Street USA
whats the deal with the irc channel?

I go to dowload some music and it queues my selection behind other users who arent even online.:confused:

if someone goes into queue, then disconnects, their place is still held for them, if they come back before their turn comes around. this is because a lot of users will get disconnected due to circumstances beyond their controll. but if their turn rolls around and they arent there, they have to wait in queue from the beginning.

popkid

i think i'm gonna change my server so that if your out of the channel for too long your queue gets dropped - also i'll increase my max sends to try to help everybody out... disneyjedi uploaded some great travel channel specials come on by and check them out...

popkid

thanks grizzlyhall,

it's good to be back :)
and even better to say i'm heading to WDW in 7 days with my trusty miniDV in had :)

so, hopefully i'll have some nice clips to share when i get back

Main Street USA

Like popkid, I'll also be leaving for WDW soon. I'm taking all of my equipment, so I'll try to get as many ridethroughs and other things that I don't see on the channel.

I might even try to find the time to edit in some actual sound recordings from the channel with my video. I'll put those up for everyone when I get it all nice and neat.:) Maybe even a nice title intro and other neat tweaks!;)

woofboy111

I've been having computer problems, and haven't been able to get on the internet in a long time. I'm finally getting all of the problems worked out, and I got my cable modem working, and was about to upload a bunch of my videos, but after reading some of these posts it seems like the ftp server isn't the way to upload any more.

Could someone please explain what this irc server is, and how do you get on to it, and upload/download from it?

Thanks...

isnet396

It seems as though Popkid's FTP Server is off while he's in WDW.

I'd be happy to "mirror" the FTP Server on my comps in NY, when 'yeh get back....

Ian

DigitalDisney

I have an odd music request...

As most of you know, WDW's Tomorrowland changed from the old future to the retro future back in 1994. When it opened, it had a music loop which is very different from the music we hear in Tomorrowland today. I believe that the change was due to legal reasons (Disney used music without the artist's permission), so we can't hear the music anymore, unfortunately.

Anyhow, does anybody have:
- The artists/titles of the songs in the loop?
- Any songs in the loop? (in any audio format)
- The loop itself?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom