Ride videos!!!!

kevlightyear

Could someone recommend a good program to use if you have a Mac with OS X? I've tried a couple, but once I get them in, I'm lost, and don't know where to go to get DalNet, or /j disney-central. I need help. . . :confused: :confused:

kevlightyear

Originally posted by wdwcrazy
Here's a tip for you, take your mac and throw it out the window. Then get a real computer. :D :animwink:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm in shock you would even say something like that!

I love my G3 and wouldn't give it up for anything in the world. . .well maybe, a G4 :animwink: .

The only thing worse than windows is. . . . . .wait, there isn't anything.

Ok, that's enough bashing, let's get the media flowing!

dxwwf3

kevlightyear
I got to get on a Mac G3 today at school for the first time and I can not tell you how sorry I feel for you. I believe I would rather have Windows 3.1 system than the newest Mac. But whatever floats your boat :) We all are not supposed to like the same things.

This new dalnet thing is really wonderful. As soon as you can figure out how it works it is SO much better than the old public FTP. All you need is a FTP and IRC program and you are good to go.

GalacticGobbler

Originally posted by bamboo7
ok, once in the dizcentral channel on the dalnet irc network:

make sure noonan is online (thats popkids irc server)
simply type "!dizvideos" "!diztunes" "!dizstuff" or "!noonfraggles"
a window will pop up asking you if you want to accept a private chat thing from noonan
accept it

now, you browse the file server, much like you would browse dos

start by typing "dir" and it will give you a list of directories
then, to change directories, type "cd directoryname" (only use the directories name, not directoryname)

when you find a file you want, type "get filename" (using the actuall file name, not filename) and you are set.

hope that helps

- Dan

which server do we connect to?

DigitalDisney

which server do we connect to?
You can connect to any one that's on DAL-net. As long as it's on the DAL-net network, then you're good.

RE: Macs - Macs have a cult following. The people that like them, really, really like them. The interface may not be the best, but Macs have a great hardware architecture. Not only that, but OS X is built on top of FreeBSD, and you can actually use a UNIX console.

bamboo7

Re: hi

Originally posted by rustybox
can anyone recommend a good media player that can play all types of video and audio as well as DIVX please

thanks

windows media player will play anything except quicktime and real media. it is just a matter of installing the correct codecs for each compression type. if you need divx codecs, go to divx.com

bamboo7

Originally posted by GalacticGobbler
ok found it, has been a long time since dos, it doesnt seem to let me change directories, any help?

i tried help on the server but it didnt

well, once you get into the private chat session, after typing one of the initial triggers (!diztunes, !dizvideos etc)

start by typing dir
that will give you a list of directories, then, to get into one of those directores, type
cd whateverthedirectorynameis
that is how you navigate through the directories.
then, once you find a file you want, type
get whateverthefileiscalled.mp3

hope that helps.

rustybox

hi

hi, what do i do now then?

what codec do i need to install and how do i install it?
also what do i do once it is installed, do i need to do anything to get it to work???

bamboo7

Re: hi

Originally posted by rustybox
hi, what do i do now then?

what codec do i need to install and how do i install it?
also what do i do once it is installed, do i need to do anything to get it to work???

http://www.divx.com/divx/
just go there and get the first one. the free one.
just install it, and you are good to go. nothing else to do.

kevlightyear

First of all, dxwwf3:
I think the way it works is like which hand you use to do things. Which ever you were tought, and grew up using, that's what you stick with. That's why I can't stand windows. But you're right, it's just a matter of preference.

Secondly:
So nobody can recommend a program that would let me get onto the DalNet server? This is quite disappointing. :(

bamboo7

Originally posted by kevlightyear
Ok, I have a client, what do I type in for the field "server"? I've tried many things, but I think I'm on the wrong track.

well, i am used to getting a pull down menu list of the servers, but if you just have a blank field, the server we use is called
DALnet
the closest dalnet server to where you are would be this one:
DALnet: US, GA, Astro
try entering this: astro.ga.us.dal.net
the ports used: 6661-6669,7000
and the group is: DALnet

hopefully that is enough stuff to get you on the server
once you join the server, you need to join our channel
so type /j disney-central

hope that works.

DisneyJedi

Also if you choose "Random DALnet server", eventually it will find a server as it continues to try different DALnet servers/ports. Sometimes DALnet has problems and you will have difficulty connecting. Usually once you get in, it's not bad with staying connected. The DALnet server has had trouble with script-kiddies causing denial of service attacks, so that may be a reason for having difficulty connecting. Just keep trying and let us know if you continue to have problems. I'm currently connected with
tricky.va.us.dal.net port 7000, so give that a try. Hope to see ya in the #disney-central channel. :)

I apologize for being off topic, but does anyone here have the Brad Kelly's music for Seaworld San Diego's Shamu Adventure, which has apparently been released commercially?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom