Ride videos!!!!

rustybox

hello all, the Walter Cronkite audio for Spaceship Earth is on the FTP site but there are only 2 and they are both only small parts of the ride, i have heard that the COMPLETE RIDE is out there somewhere.

Hey there

The Horizons exit music (2.6 MB) file in the Horizons folder is INCOMPLETE. Does someone have the exit music in complete form?

Also, the Horizons area loop is one of my favorite pieces of park music -- is the version in the Horizons folder the best possible version out there? The sound quality is not so hot....

Thanks!

General Grizz

Originally posted by cornnibblitz
Hey there

The Horizons exit music (2.6 MB) file in the Horizons folder is INCOMPLETE. Does someone have the exit music in complete form?

Also, the Horizons area loop is one of my favorite pieces of park music -- is the version in the Horizons folder the best possible version out there? The sound quality is not so hot....

Thanks!

I can upload a longer version for you. But when these tapes (on cassette) were created, each song ended abruptly as they were parts of loops. Basically, just edit the opening and add it to the ending. I can also upload higher quality versions of these found on another cassette where the songs we have were copied from. Unfortunately, the tape ended at about 45 minutes, and therefore other tracks were not copied to them. This may include dialog, sound effects, and definetly the "closing sparkley" music at the end of the ride.

I have uploaded in my recent 'batch' a nicer quality Horizons entrance area. I also help to get a further fourteen minute loop that will be better, and will upload it when I receive it.

WeirdOne

Popkid, just to let you know. I left a new notice for you in my folder about things to upload from there. I've managed to upload some very very nice goodies. - The WeirdOne :D

Grizz -- could you please upload that longer version of the Horizons load music? I have tried to combine the two clips (exit and load) with no success -- my mp3 editing software is too buggy.

I have made up some nifty cd artwork for Horizons -- will upload tonight.

Thanks

dxwwf3

I have a request that is probably not around but it never hurts to ask. Does anyone have a full audio (or video (highly unlikely)) of the original Universe of Energy. I dont really remember alot of it except for the wonderful songs. Also does anyone have any info for me about the original Alien Encounter video/audio? It was only up and running for a few months so I guess it is impossible to find but I am hoping someone will have it. Like I said earlier I would love to hear Phil Hartman in the preshow :) While I am at it does anyone have the video of the regular, present day Alien Encounter? Sorry to bring such hard requests but I would really love to have these.

PS Good luck to anyone trying to find the complete Cronkite Spaceship Earth audio. I hope you can kill two birds with one stone and find the original SE video too. I hope somebody can get it/them.

Wilson

First of all, let me just give a great big thanks to everyone who has been involved with this thread. I've found stuff I've been searching years for and seen things I thought I'd never see again. This is a tremendous resource for a rather uncommon niche, and I would just like to voice my appreciation.

So, anyway, enough of that. I've got two reasons for posting today: Number 1, I have a few requests. I'm looking for some fairly obscure stuff, and things that were probably hard to get due to the "no video" rules. Now, I know most people are probably already uploading what they have, but what the hell, I'll ask anyway. Here's what I'm looking for:
- Superstar Television
- Monster Sound Show
- Animation Tour (I know, Ha.)
- the entire Backlot/Tram Tour
- the old Tram Tour waiting area (remember that they had tv monitors overhead to distract you from the fact that you were waiting in line for hours? They featured interviews with various stars, Carol Burnett, Tom Selleck, etc., the ones preceding the walking tour had Rick Moranis and Goldie Hawn. Anybody have that? I'd really be impressed.)
- the Skyway
- Penny Arcade
- Magic Kingdom Railroad
- old Communicore, any of the old exhibits that they used to have, i.e. SMRT-1, Backstage Magic, the Person of the Century poll (whatever happened to that, who turned out to be the person of the century?) etc.
- the old version of Universe of Energy
- The Image Works
- the trailers preceding the Great Movie Ride

Reason Number 2: I don't want to be someone who just takes and takes, I 'd like to contribute as well. But, I'm a little short in the ride video department. I have a fairly crappy version of Maelstrom, and a fairly blurry version of Spaceship Earth (no, not the Walter Cronkite version). What I do have are a good number of Disney specials that I've taped over the years. I've seen a couple things like this on popkid's ftp, so I'm assuming they are fair game. I have:
The opening of MGM Studios
The opening of EuroDisney (DLP)
WDW 20th anniversary (Regis sings! and it's hideous!)
A day at the Disney (MGM) Studios
WDW 4th of July Spectacular from 1988 (first half) and 1989
"It All Started with a Mouse" this is kind of a history of the Disney Company from Walt's birth through present day that I taped off of the Disney Channel in the late 80's. It really is quite good, and includes interviews with Marc Davis, Ward Kimball, Ollie Johnston, Frank Thomas, Glen Keane, Ken Anderson, Michael Eisner and Jeffrey Katzenburg, among others.

Anybody interested in that kind of stuff? Yes? No? Maybe? OK, the thing is, I don't know how to get VHS recordings onto my computer. I know it's been explained on here before. I've seen it explained. I just can't find it. I've done a cursory search with no luck, so I'm hoping someone will take pity on me and explain it (preferably while speaking slowly and using small words.) That would be outstanding.

So, once again, thanks to everyone for all of the... um, hey, is anybody still reading? Anybody? Hello? Blink twice if you can hear me. Hellooooo...oooo...oo..

:)

SON OF A! here. by the way I'm here. And I'm quite impressed with your tribute to the ride video's thread

Attachments

• wilson_sm.jpg
    wilson_sm.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 282

DCA Fan

Uploaded:
>WACKY Radio
>Toontown Fair BGM
>One Man's Dream Theme

Wilson, the Person of the Century thing was unpopular, so the program ended w/o a winner.

My Request List:
> A Christmas Fantasy Parade (Yea! Got it!)
> A Chance to shine show
> More, just can't remember right now.

DCA Fan

Wilson,
I'm not 100% sure on this, so you'll need to find someone who is, but basically here's how to take things from a VCR onto your computer:
1) Buy a capture card (Around 50+ Dollars)
2) Install it
3) Hook up your vcr to your computer
4) Use software provided by card.

Or, if you look about 2 pages back in this thread, you can use satellite TV to do it.

Wilson

Originally posted by fridgepoliceman
SON OF A! here. by the way I'm here. And I'm quite impressed with your tribute to the ride video's thread

Ack!! I've been de-faced. ;) Hey, you can enter that in the avatar contest.

DCA Fan: Thanks for the advice. I need to look into the capture card. I've found a few messageboards and sites dealing with this kind of stuff, but it seems really complicated so far. Maybe I'm just getting old or sumpn.

Firebird: I do indeed have the opening of Euro Disney. It is this one, shown here in the states in 1992, and hosted by.. um.. Don Johnson. Sure, that makes sense. No really, it does. Anyway, if I can figure this video capture stuff out, I'll put it up. Or maybe I'll send a copy to someone who knows what the heck their doing.

---------------

Unpopular?! The program ended w/o a winner?? They didn't run this by me. I'm claiming victory by default.

kevlightyear

Ok guys, it's my turn to contribute. I finally figured out how to upload. It involved going to my mom's office and using her ethernet connection. For some reason I wasn't able to upload at home. Anyway, I uploaded about six or so fifteen second video clips that I took with my digital camera. They're about 1.5 MB though, so if Popkid wants to convert them to mindows media, that might be better. They're only that big because they're mpg's. One of them is after the fireworks show on the Fourth of July at Epcot, one is from Get Happy. . .with ABC, three of them are of Four for a Dollar (before BatB), and one is of the wave being done at Fantasmic. Enjoy!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom