Ride videos!!!!

RU42

Most likely your mIRC is set for Random Server. Sometime the servers in Newnet are blocked and you will get some funky message. I have seen 5 or 6 in a row before mIRC finds an acceptable one.

It is nothing with your computer or with #D-C.

One of the best ways is to look for the links in Pop's and others signature. Those numbers are Newnet servers and usually they are good.

RU

Steamboat_Kevin

Hi everyone,
I remember seeing on Vault Disney a long time ago a special on the opening of Epcot, with a really young Drew Barrymore in it, I don't remember much else about it. I'm just wondering, is this on the IRC channel, if so, what's it called?
If its not on the channel, is there any way that anyone could maybe get it on the channel sometime?
Thanks!
Kevin

barnum42

Originally posted by Steamboat_Kevin
Hi everyone,
I remember seeing on Vault Disney a long time ago a special on the opening of Epcot, with a really young Drew Barrymore in it, I don't remember much else about it. I'm just wondering, is this on the IRC channel, if so, what's it called?
If its not on the channel, is there any way that anyone could maybe get it on the channel sometime?
Thanks!
Kevin
I know the one you are on about. I pretty sure that's where I downloaded it from some time ago

It's pretty awful to be honest, but of course it's still something that your just wanna' see for curiosity value. It was hosted by Danny Kaye.

Steamboat_Kevin

Originally posted by barnum42

It's pretty awful to be honest, but of course it's still something that your just wanna' see for curiosity value. It was hosted by Danny Kaye.
Yeah, it really was pretty bad. I just wanted to see it again, because I only saw it when I was like, 7 years old, and I hardly knew anything about Epcot :)

Hey guys!! Been a little while so i figured i'd drop by and say hello. Anyways, i had a thought that we might look at. Mirc is a good idea but have you also thought about using BitTorrent for the sharing? Just a thought.

bamboo7

Originally posted by Just A Big Kid
Hey guys!! Been a little while so i figured i'd drop by and say hello. Anyways, i had a thought that we might look at. Mirc is a good idea but have you also thought about using BitTorrent for the sharing? Just a thought.

To have a torrent running for every file we would be interested in hosting doesn't seem quite as practical. I've always thought of BT more for highly distributed items, where you have a lot of people down/uploading the same file at the same time.

RU42

Coming Soon to #Disney-Central

Just giving you a heads up on some upcoming new RU releases:

1) In process of being encoded right now is American Adventure. This is a single camera location supplied by BLIFF. If I can get some other sources over time I would like to redo this one as a multiangle sometime.

2) Next to be encoded is Fantasmic! - Disneyland. This one was created with master audio and 5 different camera locations. (Note - this one will also be available on Visions Fantastic)

I will post threads announcing when they are available on #Disney-Central.

RU

barnum42

Re: Coming Soon to #Disney-Central

Originally posted by RU42
Just giving you a heads up on some upcoming new RU releases:
2) Next to be encoded is Fantasmic! - Disneyland. This one was created with master audio and 5 different camera locations. (Note - this one will also be available on Visions Fantastic)
Cool - I'd like to see why the DL version is considered so much better than the WDW one.

I'm going to be a while yet posting my Festival of the Lion King. As I was at the park recently and got extra footage from other angles I want to edit this into the cut. Same for Tarzan Rocks. It's not a fast process.

bamboo7

Re: Coming Soon to #Disney-Central

This one I can not wait to see. Seriously.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hey RU - which version of the American Adventure are you doing? I`m working on the original verison, from my own good single camera position, plus some official cuttaways. It would be up by now but I want to remix the source audio. If you have the rehab version (`93+) I won`t worry about adding this version to my vid.

Marni.

RU42

The source material I am using from Bliff was shot in 2001.

(FYI - the video is being uploaded now to Distro; those with Distro access can grab AA around 2:15pm PDT today. The file size is just a little over 200megs.)

Fantasmic might be delayed just slightly. I will be burning a copy to DVD tonight to watch and make sure I am happy with all the scenes. There are 2 I am iffy on and want to watch them in DVD format to make sure I like them. If I don't I will be reshooting the scenes Sunday night for a Monday re-edit.

RU

djmatthews

I have a question for you video boffins!

I'm getting a DVD Writer in a few days, now, if I burn the Disney Documentaries that are in dvx format, will these copy straight to a DVD so I can watch it on a normal DVD Player? Will the quality be as good as a DVD? Will I have to convert the file? How will it work?

All help is always appriciated! :)

RU42

The answer is maybe.

Some DVD players can indeed view DivX formatted videos on a DVD, but they are in the minority at this time.

You can try one and see what happens. If it does not work then you will need to convert the DivX to VCD or SVCD formats.

RU

RU42

I just noticed I am behind in my announcements - so here is a shot gun version of the announcements:

1) American Adventure is up and begin served.

2) I am sending a Dapper Dans short clip and a Remember the Magic Parade both the Distro now and they will be served shortly I am sure. Thanks to the video goes to Bliff.

3) Fantasmic is done - but not uploaded yet - soon, very soon.

RU

djmatthews

The answer is maybe.

Some DVD players can indeed view DivX formatted videos on a DVD, but they are in the minority at this time.

You can try one and see what happens. If it does not work then you will need to convert the DivX to VCD or SVCD formats.

Many Thanks

The answer is maybe.

I am sending a Dapper Dans short clip and a Remember the Magic Parade both the Distro now and they will be served shortly I am sure. Thanks to the video goes to Bliff.

I look forward to the Remember The Magic Parade :)

DisneyJedi

The easiest thing to do is get this DVD player:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2598455&sourceid=20061054222275679735

You can play DVDs and DIVX AVI right on the TV with no m__________g around converting videos or creating a home theater PC media center to specifically play back the vids you download. I really want that player above. It's be good in my bedroom, since I already have a home theater PC downstairs.

Originally posted by djmatthews
I have a question for you video boffins!

I'm getting a DVD Writer in a few days, now, if I burn the Disney Documentaries that are in dvx format, will these copy straight to a DVD so I can watch it on a normal DVD Player? Will the quality be as good as a DVD? Will I have to convert the file? How will it work?

All help is always appriciated! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom