Ride videos!!!!

RU42

Welcome to the serving community Hades.

I would recommend Newsgroups (specifically alt.binaries.multimedia.disney and alt.binaries.multimedia.disney.parks).

Lots of stuff is posted and on a week;y (or so basis) I organize a topic for a flood. Example, currently we are focusing on posting test Track, World of Motion, Horizons, and Mission:Space material. After 5-7 days I switch to a new topic and we start over again.

RU

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hey RU!

I think its time I got into Newsgroups as well as IRC. Can you do a quick post of what I need and where to go, and recommend any required software? Esp. since I see the current flood is Horizons and SSE!

Cheers, Marni.

barnum42

Originally posted by marni1971
Hey RU!

I think its time I got into Newsgroups as well as IRC. Can you do a quick post of what I need and where to go, and recommend any required software? Esp. since I see the current flood is Horizons and SSE!

Cheers, Marni.
Your Internet provider should have a newsgroup service and there will be information on their help pages as to how you can set up a program to connect to news groups.

AOL has it’s own program, Microsoft Outlook can do it, but I prefer a free program called Xnews (I Googled for the original download).

Unfortunately my ISP (Telewest) is appalling when it comes to newsgroups, the connection is unstable and they only keep messages for a day. There are also subscription based services online, but I personally have not bothered with them.

I have found some good things on the newsgroups, but Telewest often mess it up by not having the full file available.

DisneyJedi

I made a step-by-step tutorial awhile back because my friends were always amused I was downloading gigs of 'stuff' everyday with no real effort (beyond the learning curve of understanding USENET/newsgroups) and they wondered how the heck I was doing it. Most ISP's treat newsgroups as an after-thought, so you get ISP's like Barnum's (and my own) that only retain binary posts for a day or the posts are too broken to get a complete file resurrected. But there is enough there to usually make a great killing on my daily downloading hijinks. OK here's

my guide

I am a big fan of XNews. Microsoft Outlook/Express really stinks for downloading files from newsgroups. I'd recommend against bothering to try Microsoft stuff for newsgroups. XNews is way better at it.

barnum42

Newsgroups are definitely an afterthought on Telewest. I’ve been with them for about two years now and their status has never changed. They apologise for the lousy service and put it down to the fact that the entire service is based on a single machine! Consequently, it’s rare a large file will make it on there without big gaps. But I can still find some good MP3s. The other disadvantage with Telewest is that you can not post to USENET from there with an anonymous email. And we all know one of the places spammers go to harvest addresses.

meanmice

I was just wondering if anyone was going to tape and or upload the disney weddings special on food network sunday at 10 pm? i'm dieing to see it, but i have to work... i'm sure there will be re runs of it later

DisneyJedi

meanmice said:
I was just wondering if anyone was going to tape and or upload the disney weddings special on food network sunday at 10 pm? i'm dieing to see it, but i have to work... i'm sure there will be re runs of it later

I don't miss any of these. I have all the past shows like this at #disney-central. You know I am a freak when it comes to Disney and TV meanmice!! :)

DisneyJedi

Does anyone get the Science Channel? Can you capture this and upload?

Master Plans - Reach For the Sky
Learn how visionaries pursued their dreams with dogged determination, creating a new landscape not seen anywhere else on the planet. See Mt. Rushmore, the Vehicle Assembly Building at Kennedy Space Center, the Louisiana Superdome, Disneyworld, and more!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday June 24, 2004 from 10:00 PM to 11:00 PM Channel - Science Channel

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I believe I have part of this somewhere - a while ago in the UK I caught the end of a program that featured the Kennedy Space Center VAB construction, so I hit record, and guess what came next - WDW Phase 1, monorails and EPCOT Center. If I remember (if its the same program) there is a few minutes about WDW.

I`m not 100% sure, but it sounds right, and I won`t have much free time for 2 weeks, but if all else fails PM me, and I`ll dig it out for D-C.

kvan

hi everyone,
I have some onride videos and other stuff but no way to put it on my pc,
using studio8 the sound is awful
I have an other program (magic ) sound and video are ok but I cann't put them together.
:cry:
still looking for some software for dummies :hammer:
some help would be appreciated

barnum42

kvan said:
hi everyone,
I have some onride videos and other stuff but no way to put it on my pc,
using studio8 the sound is awful
I have an other program (magic ) sound and video are ok but I cann't put them together.
:cry:
still looking for some software for dummies :hammer:
some help would be appreciated

You should be able to tweak the settings to get a decent quality. I have had a lot of problems with Studio 8, the only sound problem I had was where if you recorded from a mono source it would insert clicks in the sound if rendering at anything other than full quality. I fixed this by using an adapter plug on my camera to give a "stereo" signal.

What settings are you using to capture? What are you using to capture the video? Is is analogue or digital?

Also Pinnacle have help boards you can search for answers and if your copy is legit you can email questions to them.

barnum42

kvan said:
capture is digital,
and sound i think is stereo
I will look again on their boards and hope someone can help

thanks
Mine is analogue through their DC10 card, so I'm afraid I have no experience of capturing digitally. I just pick the setting of SVHS, Best. Hopefully there may be something in the manual to help you.

DisneyJedi

meanmice said:

I'm uploading it now to our distribution area. The servers should be able to grab it quick in the morning and you can get it from there.

RU42

A couple have just been made available on the #D-C Distro server system. I have not watched them yet (there are 2.) I would check Sir Lamers system to see if he picked them up.

RU

dxwwf3

RU42 said:
A couple have just been made available on the #D-C Distro server system. I have not watched them yet (there are 2.) I would check Sir Lamers system to see if he picked them up.

RU

I can't find them anywhere on the servers. Maybe SirLamer and popkid haven't picked them up yet. Or they are in a different folder than they would be expected to be in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom