Restaurants most/least impressed by...

whitney37354

Most Impressed: Typhoon Tilly's at TL. I wasn't expecting anything edible, but the BBQ sandwich was really good.

Least Impressed: Garden Grill at EPCOT. The best thing I tasted was DD's grilled chicken leg. This child loves mac n cheese and she wouldn't even eat it. DH & I tasted it and we didn't like it either. We did like the character interaction and the rotation of the restaurant though.

kverdon

Most Impressed: Jiko's at AKL - One of our All time Fav's for food and wine.
Runner Up: Ohana's - love the meat and the sauces.

Least Impressed: Sci-Fi at DHS The movies may not be scary but the food sure is!

Kevin and Mona

devoy1701

Favorite is Sci-Fi and Le Cellier.

New Standout for us is Tony's. Suprising very good italian food for decent prices.

Anyone have an opinion of Land's End at Ft. Wilderness and Captain's Grille??? I booked Ressies for next month and I've never been to either. Was thinking about possibly trading out Land's End for Hoop De Doo.

MattyFresh

I was most impressed with Boma....didn't know what to expect going to eat there. Wasn't sure if I would find anything that I cared for........WOW was I wrong, this has turned into a must eat for every trip down.

Least impressed would have to be San Angel Inn. Atmosphere was awesome.......and thats about all I have to say about that.

kverdon

Do you mean Trail's End? If so I'd definately recommend it. Its one of our fav's and we'll be eating there in Dec. The have a nice buffet for breakfast and dinner. Dinner has their great fried chicken and also has a killer salmon dish. Its a bit out of the way but worth it in our opinion. It's also cheaper than most of the other buffet's. It's also relaxing to take the boat ride over there and wander through the grounds. Makes a nice escape from the parks.

Kevin and Mona

goofykt

I loved and was surprised at Tokyo Dining, the food was awesome, and I also thought Yak and Yeti was surprisingly good. While it is only a counter service, I was very underwhelmed by Peco's Bill, which everyone seems to rave about. I could find a better burger at any rest stop on I-95.

I agree! Tokyo Dining is a diamond in the rough.

I know I'll get booed for this too, but hands down the worst meal we've had on property was at Crystal Palace last year. I booked there because it was so highly recommended on here, but the food was bland, rubbery, and just plain awful.

NewfieFan

Most impressed:

- Mama Melrose's - I only made a reservation here to get the F! dining package. The reviews I read weren't that great but at the time I really wasn't interested in waiting an hour to see F! Well, what an amazing dinner! Even though, appetizers are not on the DDP anymore you still got an appetizer with the F! package. The server made our evening! And the salmon I had was amazing (although this has since been removed from the menu :().

- Tusker House - Also a pleasant surprise! I thought it was almost on par with Boma (we do love Boma). The samosas were out of this world!

- San Angel Inn - This place gets so many bad reviews... but we tried it anyway. We love Mexican food but unfortunately we live in an area where Mcdonald's is considered eating out (there are no restaurants near us)! We had a table right by the "river" (my kids entertained themselves by waving to the folks who passed in the boats). The atmosphere can't be beat and our server was nice (he took the time to explain some things on the menu). I wouldn't be able to tell you what I ordered but it had chicken in it and it was so flavorful and moist. We liked it so much we have another ADR for our upcoming trip!

Most disappointing:

- Le Chefs de France - It was the food that was most disappointing. I had the chicken and I found it dry and the potatoes were like frozen hash browns that I would fry up on a weekend morning! Our server was nice, though. And the kids really liked seeing Remy! I'm actually giving this one another shot on our next trip. I'll order something different this time around! And who knows, maybe I'll revisit this thread and be able to add it to my "most impressed" list! :shrug:

fireworkz

Most impressive for me on our last trip was Nine Dragons at China. Sort of a last minute choice one night and did not regret it one bit. Best Chinese I've ever had. My only regret is it's makes my "must eat there" list that much longer on my next trip.

Still impressive and my fav place is the Plaza Inn, like others said on page 1, sure it's mostly just sandwiches, but what sandwiches! The Angus Chuck Burger is still my pick for best on property. Plus the milkshakes, the atmosphere and the service.

Least impressive has to be a toss up between Electric Umbrella (what happened there?? The menu is pathetic now!) and the dreaded ABC Commissary. Almost tempted to include Peco's Bill, didn't enjoy itat all last time. I expected better now they've switched to Angus Burgers, but I recall liking the old ones more. I keep trying to convince myself the Burgers there aren't bad, I'm just spoiled by the Plaza's

redfive13

Original Poster
Least impressive has to be a toss up between Electric Umbrella (what happened there?? The menu is pathetic now!) and the dreaded ABC Commissary.

I can't believe that the ABC Commissary hasn't made the worst ever list!! :)

IMHO Possibly the worst food in WDW!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Least impressed would be Portabello. Went there many years ago and had the best time. Our meal was awesome, service was awesome, price was reasonable. Went back a couple years later, new menu, new chef, new prices. Fail, fail, fail. Worst dining experience we have ever had in WDW. Will not be going back for some time.

Most Impressed would be Tutto Italia. Went there for the first time late one night at Epcot, right before park closing in fact. We were able to walk right in and get seating without ADRs. Then we had the nicest server, and the best meal in WDW that we could remember.

Both these restaraunts I went to for the first time last July...

Least Impressed: Coral Reef. If we hadn't scammed our way to sitting right next to the water tank this meal would have been sub par. I'm a huge sea food fan and was looking foward to this the most but the food was just ok.

Most Impressed: San Angel Inn. I wouldn't consider myself a fan of mexican food by any means. I like Taco Bell:lol: but that's not actually Mexican. Anyway, the meal I had here was AMAZING. Loved it and it was the best meal of the trip next to Le Cellier.

Most Surprising:
The Crystal Palace - We went there for lunch with low expectations, for the characters. The lunch ended up being AMAZING - it was really good food. Yummy yummy pasta primavera.

Most Disappointing:
The Brown Derby - YUCK. Was not good at all.

ThinkTink721

Most Impressed By:
Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast
Ohanas for breakfast or dinner
Tony's Town Square for breakfast
1900 Park Fare for dinner
Whispering Canyon for dinner
Chef Mickey's for dinner
Princess Storybook for dinner
LeCellier for dinner
The Crystal Palace for dinner

Least Impressed By:
Cape May Cafe' (it was OK)
Coral Reef (never been there, but I hear it's not too impressive)
Hollywood & Vine (it was OK)
Rainforest Cafe' (it was OK)

Waiting To Try:
Liberty Tree Tavern (still haven't done this one)
1900 Park Fare for breakfast
Beaches & Cream
Sci-Fi
T-Rex

kfergdisney

This makes me want to go back to the World!

Since my last trip in September was the first time in 7 trips that I have eaten at a table restaurant in Disney....

Most Impressed:
Le Cellier!! Probably because it was my birthday and I was waaaayyy to excited to be at Disney World, but wow was it good. I am not a mashed potato fan and I feared I wouldn't like their potatoes..boy was I in for it. Cream Cheese mashed potatoes are very good. The Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup is very good as well. It is even good when you make it at home!
Kona Cafe was another good meal. We ate there for breakfast and lunch. I had a grilled chicken sandwich and sweet potato chips (not a fan of sweet potatoes) that was the best lunch I had all week while at Disney!!! There is a juice that they serve at breakfast that I wish I had a jug of now. So good!!

Least Impressed:
The only place that we ate at that I didn't care for was the counter service in the China pavilion. I have to be in the mood to eat Chinese and apparently I was not in the mood that day.

EvilQueen-T

best for me is flying fish, yachtsman steakhouse, shula's, cali grill, le cellier.

middle ground: for what it is i really like the plaza (but don't like the always slow wait staff). liberty tree tavern just ok for lunch but hate hate hate for dinner. narcossee's used to be a favorite but last trip wait staff sooooo slow, then he joked with my sister about serving her the wrong dish... problem was it really was the wrong dish and neither of our dishes were as good as 1st two visits so it will be a while before we go back again. 1900 park fare was soooo much fun as a character event but the food was sooooo bad that our entire party of 5 left hungry (but laughing :shrug:).

disappointing: the food at sci-fi but like to take 1st timers for the drama of the venue. coral reef (didn't come close to living up to hype and other diners rude to diners by windows...i was actually glad we were back further). le chefs de france not as good as it was in past. love mexican food but everything inside epcot tastes like taco bell. paridoso 37 was ok (some dishes better than others) but it's out of the way for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom