Restaurants most/least impressed by...

datw@epcot

We have reservations for Kona Cafe this September for the first time ever. We decided on breakfast because of fantastic reviews just on the Tonga Toast. I'm unsure of the strawberry syrup, but I'll at least try it. I can't wait to take pictures. We usually have a CS lunch at Cosmic Rays due to the large variety of food.

Tonga Toast and the strawberry syrup are a godsend:

picture.php

picture.php

As a rule, I've found most dining at WDW to be pretty good. I'm not a picky person though. Though it's not necessarily more original than your typical Japanese steakhouse, my family and I enjoy eating at Teppan Edo. It's been on the list each visit. The ambiance at Biergarten is fun as well.
Least impressive was Cindy's Royal Table. Now the only time I ever ate there was in the mid-70's, when I was around eight years old. I recall not liking a thing I was served, especially the french onion soup with the "cheese lid" on it..lol. I would like it much better these days I'm sure, but not really on my list, even for my three princesses. We just do the Akershus for our Princess dining fix.

panther726

The Sci-fi Dine In was our worst experience at a Disney restaurant. The food was very mediocre, and watching the same corny 5 minute "movie" was annoying.

worldfanatic

Having just returned from a WDW in which we tried several restaurants for the first time, I have a new pair of favorites which blew us away.

Tokyo Dining at Epcot and Portobello on Pleasure Island.

Both fantastic places!

Tokyo Dining has perfect combination of Japanese food, service, and atmosphere.
And Portobello has really reinvented itself. If you haven't been since they changed the decor and menu, you need to return.

The one disapointment on this trip was Yak and Yeti. We had been before, but it just seemed the food, service and atmosphere were a little less pleasant than our first visit. And as somebody else pointed out, you can get pretty much get the same food at the counter service option outside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom