Resort TV

Jedi Osborn

dixiegirl - don't bother with the dvc video, its not the resort tv, its the standard promo tape.

Can't say I've ever had that happen with the black screen. I'm not one to fall asleep with the TV on.

I was hoping someone else would post what to look for on Kazaa. If you find it, PLEASE let me know!!!

Jedi Osborn

Alright, now I'm in trouble.
We're planning a big family (13 of us) trip for jan. And because there are so many of us, and there'll be two very little ones, the "family" has opted to stay off property. I was out voted!!!!
So now, unless I can find the resort TV video somewhere on the internet, I'll have to go without!!!
This could be bad.

I've spent some time looking on Kazaa, but I can't find any video.
Can anyone help?????

Maerj

I know what you are talking about. If I were you, I would SERIOUSLY try to talk them out of it. It would probably be cheaper and most certainly more convenient to stay on property. As far as the video goes someone posted a link on here once for it, but it stopped working. I even tried to download it, but it wouldn't work. Someone should sell videos, or even better DVDs of it!

I love those zip a dee do da tip for today things too!!! That's why I tape them everytime I go down!!! Being a DVC member and always staying at the Boardwalk Villas, we have VCR's in our rooms! I love them!!!

mickey04

Originally posted by Jedi Osborn
Alright, now I'm in trouble.
We're planning a big family (13 of us) trip for jan. And because there are so many of us, and there'll be two very little ones, the "family" has opted to stay off property. I was out voted!!!!
So now, unless I can find the resort TV video somewhere on the internet, I'll have to go without!!!
This could be bad.

I've spent some time looking on Kazaa, but I can't find any video.
Can anyone help?????

Don't worry quite yet. Some of the off-property hotels actually have that channel! Actually, I think most of them do. So, perhpas you won't have to go without. BTW, Maerj's link worked for me!

Jedi Osborn

I was able to use that link, but I just can't find a way to download it. I even tried contacting the "owner" but I never got a response.

As far as staying off property goes, I have to admit, we're going to save money and we'll have a lot more room. We're renting a house. Its about $1200 for 7 nights, divided by 4 couples and we're only spending $300. That'd only be about 4 nights at the All-Star.
.........but that's a whole different discussion.

Well, if any one is able to turn up a tape or a downloadable copy, PLEASE let me know.

dixiegirl

dont do it!!!!!!!!!

jedi don't do it!!!!!!
we stayed off property once with a large family of 12.....it just was'nt the same..........the driving to the parks and the liitle perks that you get when you stay in the park........once you stay in the park you get spoiled!!!!! my mother inlaw thought she'd save us all money staying off property, it just was terrible even for being in disney it was one of my worst trips.......plus all those people in one house? are you really gonna enjoy?? just think how nice it is to get on a bus and not worry about anything..........nice is'nt it?? yes i know if you stay at one of the outside places thats affilaited with disney you may still use their transportation but it's not the same.........you still have plenty of time to convince them......plus your going with little ones......so much easier staying in the park.....also if you really want to can't you and your family stay at one of the resorts in the park if the other family does not want to.....yes i know the whole point is probably for a "family vacation" but it's also your vacation as well remember that.......ok sorry if i rambled on.............oh i went on that site for disneytv..........oh my god i love it.........if i closed my eyes and listened i was really there....!!!!can't wait till my husband sees it......it's now on my favorites!!:sohappy:

magic kingdom

i absolutely love the resort channel. i drive my parents crazy everytime i turn it on. i just ordered the video and i was just wondering if anyone knew how long it would take to get here. sorry if this was already posted but i couldnt find it. i cant wait!:sohappy: :p

Maerj

Originally posted by magic kingdom
i absolutely love the resort channel. i drive my parents crazy everytime i turn it on. i just ordered the video and i was just wondering if anyone knew how long it would take to get here. sorry if this was already posted but i couldnt find it. i cant wait!:sohappy: :p

They never made a video of what we are talking about. You probably ordered the free vacation planning video or the new park video. We are talking about that channel in the hotel rooms that has those segmetns that go "Here's your Zip-______-dee-ddo dah-Tip for today!" If that was put on video or DVD, we'd all be happy! If you found a place that sells that, please, let us know!

Jedi Osborn

Dixiegirl -
all the things you mentioned are the things I'm worried about. I'm a Purist. I don't like leaving Disney property (although I admit I've been to Universal twice....IOA is pretty darn cool, but its not Disney!!!) and I don't like driving in Disney.....well sometimes it's OK. Like when you want to go to Downtown Disney at night and you don't want to wait forever for a bus. So I know exactly what you mean. On property is the only way to go. If it was just my wife and the girls, we'd stay on property. But its my mother who'd like the whole family to go and stay together.

We could split up, but you got it right, its supposed to be a family thing. We've done it before in a place not as big, so it'll be OK. With 7 bedrooms, there'll be plenty of places to hide....if we're ever at the house. We tend to spend the day at the park and only come back to the room at night.

I know, isn't that site great. I just wish I could find a way to save it. If you figure it out, let me know.

Maerj

Originally posted by wiskband
My family thinks Im nuts........I to love resort TV just ordered the tape thanks for the site.:animwink:

What tape!? Do you mean the Disney Vacation Club video?

Firewolfe51

:D :D :D I am so glad everyone else has this same problem or "addiction". We too watch DTV the whole time while we are at DW. Pick up the maps as well, and never use them. We have the videos too! Even the wedding one. It's awesome. They all are.:)

Waiting for October!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom