Resort TV

Disneywarrior

I love watching the resort TV. We leave it on the entire time we are there. We even sleep with it on. It's great getting up in the middle of the night and seeing Disney. A couple of years ago I positioned my camcorder on a chair in front of the TV and recorded the entire loop. I love to watch it when I'm going through WDW withdrawl.

mickey04

Originally posted by agdbeanie

I also pick up the guide maps, but I don't use them. I just put them in my bag to keep for my kids to have one day. My mom gave me her old ticket books, guide maps, bags from the stores, etc. from when she went with my dad on their honeymoon in 1975. They're cool to look at.

I do the same thing. I occasionally take one out and look at it and recall what its like to be there.

Speaking of which, I intend to do the same thing when my video arrives. Thanks for sharing. I too LOVE resort TV (My family thinks I'm crazy when I watch it over and over at WDW) and can't wait for it to arrive.

jsaco4

Looks like Disney pulled the plug on this one. I just tried to order a video and got directed to a "ooops" error page. (see attachment)
I'll have to try again later.
What, did everyone order one of these?

snowwhite66

Same here!! I also pick up the guide maps, but I don't use them. I just put them in my bag to keep for my kids to have one day. My mom gave me her old ticket books, guide maps, bags from the stores, etc. from when she went with my dad on their honeymoon in 1975. They're cool to look at.

The video is free. I requested it off of the DVC website and it came a few days later.

Hey can you scan all that and send it to the wdw magic site:

I would love to see what those tickets and guide books looked like.:)

agdbeanie

Original Poster
Originally posted by snowwhite66

Hey can you scan all that and send it to the wdw magic site:

I would love to see what those tickets and guide books looked like.:)

sure, it'll have to wait until the weekend though...I'm a high school band director and we have a big football game tomorrow night.

Dizknee_Phreek

sure, it'll have to wait until the weekend though...I'm a high school band director and we have a big football game tomorrow night.

ooohh, good luck!! you'll have to let us know how it goes!

cymbaldiva

What school? I know a lot of people from my college band (BLOW SOUTHERNERS BLOW!!!) that are now band directors :)

Jedi Osborn

I had no idea there were so many others like me. I LOVE the resort TV. I was just wondering the other day if there was a way to tape it.
I wonder when they'll change it. When we went in '96 it was one theme ( I don't remember what) and then when we went back in 98 it was the current one.
I grab a map every day we go to the park. I know all of them like the back of my hand, but I still grab a map.

cymbaldiva

Rickards High School

I don't know that school - big music program or small?

More importantly though - do you enjoy what you do? I know that being a band director can be really tough .... those band parents can be horrid to deal with once they're annoyed (ick) :animwink:

figmentmom

Hey, a fellow music teacher! I teach elementary vocal music, and my husband teaches elementary band!

(oops...thread drift...sorry!)

cuteypatooty78

Since we're talking about the Resort T.V.'s I have a question...while staying at WDW we watched t.v. in our room but noticed there was closed captioning on there...my brother and I tried to get it off since it is a bit distracting when trying to watch a show but couldn't. Is closed captioning on ALL resort t.v.'s?

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by cuteypatooty78
Since we're talking about the Resort T.V.'s I have a question...while staying at WDW we watched t.v. in our room but noticed there was closed captioning on there...my brother and I tried to get it off since it is a bit distracting when trying to watch a show but couldn't. Is closed captioning on ALL resort t.v.'s?

I think . . . someone who knows more about it will hopefully correct me, but I seem to remember alternate channels for closed captioning. For example, channel 4 might have been ABC and then there was a channel 23 (numbers completely made up) for ABC closed captioned.

gjpjtj

Originally posted by garyhoov

I think . . . someone who knows more about it will hopefully correct me, but I seem to remember alternate channels for closed captioning. For example, channel 4 might have been ABC and then there was a channel 23 (numbers completely made up) for ABC closed captioned.

Yes you are correct. There are 2 channels for each. Here is a listing of the WDW television channels:

Disney Resort Cable TV Stations

2 WESH-TV NBC Affiliate
3 ABC Family
4 CNN
5 CNN Headline News
6 WKMG-TV CBS Affiliate
7 Lifetime
8 Lifetime Movie Network
9 WFTV-TV ABC Affiliate
10 ESPN
11 ESPN Classics
12 ESPN 2
13 ESPN News
14 Radio Disney/
*Bedtime Stories (7-10 pm) See Stories schedule at end of table
15 Toon Disney
16 Disney Channel
17 What's On TV Listing of TV channels
18 WDW Tour Everything there is to do around WDW Resort
19 WDW Today Park hours, entertainment, updates & more
20 Future Programming
21 DVC Vacation ownership with the Disney touch
22 DCL & Other Vacations Experience the magic of DCL, visit theme parks around the globe, preview your next vacation
23 Company Clips Fun & entertainment from The Disney Company
24 WMFE-TV PBS Affiliate
25 WKCF-TV Independent
26 WOFL-TV Fox Affiliate
27 WRDO-TV Independent
28 WTGL-TV Independent
29 WACX-TV Independent
30 WIRB-TV Pax Affiliate
31 WRBW-TV UPN Affiliate
32 WLCB-TV Independent
33 Future Programming
34 SoapNet Soap opera TV
35 BET Black Entertainment Television
36 BET Jazz Smooth Jazz
37 The Weather Channel
38 CNBC Financial news & information
39 MSNBC 24 hours news & issues
40 Future Programming
41 Future Programing
42 WESH-TV NBC Affiliate (Close Captioned)
43 WKMG-TV CBS Affiliate (Close Captioned)
44 WFTV-TV ABC Affiliate (Close Captioned)
45 CNN 24 hour news & issues (Close Captioned)
46 CNN Headline News 24 hour news (Close Captioned)
47 ESPN Sports (Close Captioned)
48 WCKF-TV Independent (Close Captioned)
49 WMFE-TV PBS Affiliate (Close Captioned)
50 WOFL-TV Fox Affiliate (Close Captioned)
51 Disney Channel (Close Captioned)
52 WDW Tour (Close Captioned)
53 WDW Tour (Spanish)
54 DVC (Spanish)
55 Univision Spanish Network
56 The Weather Channel (Spanish)
57 Deutsche Welle German TV Network
58 Future Programming
59 NHK-TV Japanese TV Network
60 Special Programming

More info can be found here:
WDW TV Channels

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Thanks gjpjtj!

Now I know I'm really hopeless because just looking at that TV listing is getting me anxious . . .

96 days, 22 hours, 32 minutes, 26 seconds (not that I'm counting)

foxfire

Wow, it's been forever since I've posted...

Anyhow, yeah, I have to admit I love watching resort TV. I don't always stay @ a Disney hotel, but I do stay @ places right on 192 and they get the channel. I like to turn it on first thing in the morning for a bit as a prelude to the parks. I'm planning to go back w/ my GF this December and I can't wait!

RobVanDam

i ordered my video .. cant wait ... anyway...

i love this channel as well , i even have it on my mini disc player lol ... my family thinks im nuts because my whole disney fanatic thing and even when we get down to the OKW they always take the remotes and hide them from me..... i wonder why...

mickey04

The video is free. I requested it off of the DVC website and it came a few days later.

I ordered my video about 10 days ago and still haven't gotten it. is this normal or should I try ordering it again. Needless to say, I'm really anxious. Has anyone else gotten their's yet and when did you order it? I ordered mine October 10.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom