Resort Cups

mickeyluvr

Hi everyone :)
I am heading to POP CENTURY RESORT in 4 weeks and I was wondering if anyone knew what the reusable cups look like right now??? I was there at Christmas and I was wondering if it was the same cup so I didnt have to buy another one!

mickeyluvr

Original Poster
Thanks all for the warm welcome :)
I can use as many tips as possible!
As for the mugs I was told the wrong thing and Im completely embarassed lol. I did however see a whole family using older mugs in December when I was last visiting...hope they got in trouble!

Upvote 0

Princess_L

Welcome to the WDW Magic Boards.

PS
I am the guy riding the ECV who is pushing a stroller at the same time smacking into peoples heels pushing through the crowds blowing my horn. In my right hand I carry a resort mug from 2002 that i use every year, attached to my ECV is a big red triangle flag that has a picture of Brazil on it. Behind me is my following of Brazillian line cutting, loud chanting teen tourists who do as they please holding spots in the line for there 153 friends who are going to show up as soon as they get up front. I dont really need the ECV but find it gets me to the front of the line faster so i just rent one for the heck of it. I also parked at the GF and rode the monorail over to MK today. I also love it when strangers hold a spot for me for parades so i can then pull up in front of them and block their childrens view, because it is all about me you know. O yeah and i pulled my children out of school to just come and visit, nothing special just because. Also i was wondering can anyone suggest which MK table service breakfast i should book, i dont plan on dining just getting in to MK beofre the rest of the people.

Thanks
:hammer::brick::ROFLOL:

Hope i covered it all.

I know that everyone else already said it, but very funny!

I love finding these little gems and sharing with my DH.

When are going in Oct? We will be there the last week!

And I will be buying my first refillable mug while I am there! :)

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

PS
I am the guy riding the ECV who is pushing a stroller at the same time smacking into peoples heels pushing through the crowds blowing my horn. In my right hand I carry a resort mug from 2002 that i use every year, attached to my ECV is a big red triangle flag that has a picture of Brazil on it. Behind me is my following of Brazillian line cutting, loud chanting teen tourists who do as they please holding spots in the line for there 153 friends who are going to show up as soon as they get up front. I dont really need the ECV but find it gets me to the front of the line faster so i just rent one for the heck of it. I also parked at the GF and rode the monorail over to MK today. I also love it when strangers hold a spot for me for parades so i can then pull up in front of them and block their childrens view, because it is all about me you know. O yeah and i pulled my children out of school to just come and visit, nothing special just because. Also i was wondering can anyone suggest which MK table service breakfast i should book, i dont plan on dining just getting in to MK beofre the rest of the people.

Thanks

Hope i covered it all.

You forgot to mention that you & your friends all planned a trip over to one of them high-fah-lootin' deluxe resorts for a swim since the pool back at the All-Stars wasn't as much fun. Say! Weren't you planning to end the day by munchin' on some turkey legs while it's shoulder-to-shoulder packed with people waiting for Wishes to start??? :lol:

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Not to be mean, but it was probably a college program cast member who wasn't paying attention during training. Anyone who works in the resorts gets it drilled into their head to tell the guests multiple times that it is "only good at your resort, for your length of stay." when u buy a refillable mug, it doesn't entitle you to free beverages for life, and they are useless at the parks, because refill stations are only at your resort. Disney does change the mugs from year to year, and if the cast members catch you using an old mug, they will scold you in a pleasant way, and you will get red flagged for your stay. which basically means that mickey will have his eyes on you in case you or your party continue to try and use old mugs. :lookaroun I'm not trying to scare anyone, if its a matter of a couple months, and the mug is still the same, cast members don't care. But its the guests who bring mugs from 2 years ago and still expect to get free sodas that ruin it for everyone.

Meh?

Disney doesn't always change the mugs on a yearly basis. YOAMD mugs were used for 2 years with a slight minuscule change. And the current mug design has also been used for more than a year since they changed from the tapered mug to the non tapered mug. (Same graphics, just no taper on the bottom) And if I recall correctly, back when they had resort specific mugs, those tended to be the same for a while as well. Admittedly they were all different for each resort, but I don't recall those changing. Saw the same All Stars mugs for a while unless the change was very very slight.

Getting scolded? Not once I have ever seen ANYONE get spoken to in any manner by a CM while filling up a mug. This goes for current mug, old mugs, paper cups, or friggin 7-11 64oz Big Gulps. (Yes I have seen people using those)

To the OP, as far as I have heard, they are still the red mugs with the balloons on them linked to by a PP. If they had changed, it would have been all over the boards.

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

It is probably the same one...though if you do reuse it...do not say so here..as that is a touchy subject around these parts and you are really not supposed to reuse the cups...it should say that on the cup somewhere that it is good only for the certain dates you bought it....how ever many people do reuse it...and it is entirely up to you if you choose to do so..though many people do think reusing the cups is equal to given away your first born so be aware...:D

If you do reuse it and pool hop at the same time that is just ridiculous...:mad:

:lookaroun

p.s. That was the longest run on sentence ever

Not only does this entire thread offend me as reusing cups is punishable by stoning, your sentence, Dana, offends me. The English teacher inside me just screamed and ran into a wall. LOL

OP - they are probably still the generic all-resort mugs. :(

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

OOH NO! Sorry!!!! I was told we could reuse the cups...my bad! I wont bring it. I had no idea...embarassed now!

Welcome! Don't feel bad. The mugs are just one of those things in which people get their panties in a wad. There are about a million topics that fall into this category. Here's a quick list in case you want to avoid flogging or just start a fight. :goodnevil

1. reusing mugs
2. pool hopping
3. bringing infants
4. fastpass
5. tour groups
6. scooters
7. parking at a resort and WDW transportation
8. flash photography
9. the WAND
10. the HAT
11. Universal Studios

I'm sure that's not everything, but you get the idea. Again, welcome to the boards. Have an AWESOME trip.

PS - I'll still be nice to you if you reuse your mug. :D

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

The reusing of cups is a very common practice, so it's not surprising someone told you it was okay. It's also true that some forum folks are really protective of those beverage dispensers and frown upon this type of beverage dispenser misuse.

The solution, of course, is to forgo the cup and drink right out of the beverage dispenser, or pour a little bit of soda into your cupped hands and drink thusly.

Just please wash your hands first at the mug cleaning station.

aww...you did not start off bad....welcome...

Many people like to complain on this and other forums about certain subjects..and the mugs are one...if you want to resuse them..go ahead...if not then get a new one...

I park at the polynesian and take the monorail to MK...I have no shame..:D:lol:

You did nothing wrong..and I hope you enjoy it here..best Disney board there is..:wave:

I bet you even run your stroller into people's heels.

:ROFLOL:If you want to reuse the cups...lol reuse the cups. If you dont...dont. I wont be paying any attention to you if you do use it. Why...because I will be having the time of my life with my own family and wont care enough to pay attention to what cup you are using.:lol::D

P.S. Welcome to the boards!!!!:sohappy:

Very well said!

PS

Thanks

Hope i covered it all.

Post of the year!

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

OP.....Yes they are still the same mugs from December. I was there 8/09 and 8/10 at 2 different resorts and the mugs were exactly alike. Use what you have and waste the money if your dont have to. We got ours with our dining plan so now we have 8 of the same mugs!!!

Upvote 0

Tater48

Welcome! Don't feel bad. The mugs are just one of those things in which people get their panties in a wad. There are about a million topics that fall into this category. Here's a quick list in case you want to avoid flogging or just start a fight. :goodnevil

9. the WAND
10. the HAT

:lookaroun Hey, I liked the WAND, and I still like the HAT.:lookaroun

Upvote 0

fosse76

OOH NO! Sorry!!!! I was told we could reuse the cups...my bad! I wont bring it. I had no idea...embarassed now!

You CAN reuse the cups. Some of the people on this board have a "holier-than-though" superiority complex. Disney's "OFFICIAL" policy is that the mugs are only to be used during the trip in which you bught the mug. The "ACTUAL" policy is that you can use it for eternity, or until Disney implements a system that prevents their re-use...whichever comes first.

Upvote 0

fosse76

Not to be mean, but it was probably a college program cast member who wasn't paying attention during training. Anyone who works in the resorts gets it drilled into their head to tell the guests multiple times that it is "only good at your resort, for your length of stay." when u buy a refillable mug, it doesn't entitle you to free beverages for life, and they are useless at the parks, because refill stations are only at your resort. Disney does change the mugs from year to year, and if the cast members catch you using an old mug, they will scold you in a pleasant way, and you will get red flagged for your stay. which basically means that mickey will have his eyes on you in case you or your party continue to try and use old mugs. :lookaroun I'm not trying to scare anyone, if its a matter of a couple months, and the mug is still the same, cast members don't care. But its the guests who bring mugs from 2 years ago and still expect to get free sodas that ruin it for everyone.

None of what you said is true. Of the nine trips I've stayed at a Disney-owned resort, NOT ONCE have I ever seen a CM approach and scold a guest for reusing an old mug.

Upvote 0
I could kick the person who told me they were reusable anytime you came! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! I guess Im off to a bad start on the forums...this was my first post :(

LOL...not to continue this epic-ly long thread, but A) Welcome to the OP, and B) This quote came from the Cast Member who checked us in two weeks ago at WDW:

"You could probably use an old boot and no one would stop you. But officially, yes, they're for the length of your stay."

I loved her.

Upvote 0

wendysmom

Welcome...this is a fantastic place! You'll learn a lot here!

I just wish they would go back to the resort specific mugs. They made great souvenirs! They could change them yearly to prevent reuse. They just seem pretty boring now.

Upvote 0

erinshaneb

PS

Thanks

Hope i covered it all.

OMG !!!! I actually have tears coming out of my eyes I am laughing sooo hard !!! Since you are headed in October glad I am goin in September so you don't lead the Brazilian tour group right over my ankle when push my kid's stroller out of the way with your stroller and run into the back of me !!!:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Oh and when we went to AKL in '04 we *wait for it* .......TOOK BACK THE MUGS WE USED IN '03 *gasp*

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

Not only does this entire thread offend me as reusing cups is punishable by stoning, your sentence, Dana, offends me. The English teacher inside me just screamed and ran into a wall. LOL

:lol:
I know..after I wrote it I was like WOW!!!!:ROFLOL:

Just please wash your hands first at the mug cleaning station.

I bet you even run your stroller into people's heels.
See...I am a very cautious stroller driver..and have never hit anyone with ours...:D:lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom