Reporting from WDI

Rob562

marni How long has the shop under the Tland skyway been closed for? Im suprised with the amount of traffic that bathroom gets there wouldnt be a nice air conditioned place for people waiting for their loved ones to shop while standing out there. its an untapped goldmine, lol are there any pics of it opened?

I don't know how long it's been closed, but it wasn't an indoor store like Star Traders, etc. It was more like an alcove with some racks along the walls. It was entirely open to the outside, but under cover. Think "Youse Guys Moichindise" on New York Street...

-Rob

Rob562

Nah.
Just another plot. A wet one, not ideal, but large and rather inviting for an e-ticket.

All that it would require would be either to a) re-route the canal around the outside of the plot of land, or b) build a bridge over the canal to access the land. (And somehow clean up the canal and keep it clean, as it would then be on-stage...) Of course, I have no idea what the actual land is like under those trees...

-Rob

Yensid_Robert9

I just wanna say thank you to ReDisniey E-Dew. I don't care if they are lies, true, or blue sky projects. I just think it's a lot of fun to think wow, what if they did create something as cool as those brought up in this thread. Then again that's just my opinion.
Anyways regarding the rehab on SM. I just have to say one thing, 'bout time! from this past august to may I had the awesome opportunity to work at WDW in DAK. so as many of you fellow cm's know SM is a must on a MK night. Don't get me wrong I have tons of fun riding it. However about two weeks ago I went on SM at Disneyland and man o man what a difference! It was awesome! All the new effects were so cool, especially how disorienting the lift hill was. It really added to the ride. So I'm not saying change it to be just like the one in Anaheim but It would be really cool to have some effects similar to that one! Sorry if i offended you long time SM fans just don't lynch me for my opinions! :lookaroun :lol: :lookaroun
Oh, and just a tiny question, I know Everest really set back budgets for anything new at DAK but, any blue sky projects popping up ReDisniey E-Dew?

wild01ride

Well, I try my best :D

Here`s one of my posts from an earlier interesting thread about Rhine River and WS expansion; you can see what was and what wasn`t completed:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=2024044&postcount=139

Well I'll be... marni, I knew you'd have something to clearly show the pavilion, but I certainly didn't expect that you'd have not only a clear close-up, but also a concept of the ride building AND a ride path layout!

I guess I shoulda known! Thanks again for more detailed and amazing info!

jmvd20

What didn't you understand?

Your treatment of others on this site over the years has been awful.

I think people are taking the original comment way out of context, thus the use of the words "excuse me???". My thought on the comment was that it was a joke...

But alas, that is just my opinion.

Pirate665

Well, I hope that it's true about HM and SM. I've ben hopeing that we might get our own version of the Re-Launch. And I love the fact that HM is being taken care of. I haven't worked it in a long time, but remember remarking how it should be brought up to be a little better. I liked it when the new bride was installed. Too bad the hat-box ghost will never happen. But one can dream.

As for the whole posting on here and getting caught. One of my managers once told me they cruised these boards. So, anything can happen. I've spent a long time at Disney and have heard my fair share of the wheel. But you have to watch out, and take it with a grain of salt. The wand has been on that wheel for a long time. And so has a few other things...

And as for the disclosure of secerts... I only wish I was allowed to share the confidentallity agreement so you read what it says. And the one that WDIs' sign is even harsher. So, if he does work in WDI, give him props, cause he isn't only looking at loseing a job.

>Steve

CrashNet

:eek: Is execution the penalty????
NDA my friend, a legally binding contract.

Steve is correct. Everything you see here and anywhere on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt until its released via press release or there are pictures. As a CM, even I had to take things with a grain of salt when I heard them internally within the company. The things that are definites just aren't discussed unless given the O.K. and by then, its public knowledge. It's exactly like any other company, just in this case, the public eye is far more interested.

CBOMB

Just got home from work. Heard today that there was a 25th Anniversary Celebration task force meeting today - yippee!!!! Maybe we will get at least a little celebration for our our wonderful Epcot. Still stand by what I reported last week that the wand is coming down for the re-opening of SSE in connection with the 25th anniversary. Also heard today that the SSE ride will be the same until you turn around at the top and everything coming down the incline will be NEW. Of course they are going in and cleaning, sprucing up, etc. on the rest of the ride. Heard at a Father's Day barbecue last night that the new restaurant in Italy is going to be completely different than Alfredo's - a brand new concept. Columbia, please no snide remarks today. I just report on what I'm told even if I am a peon. Epcot is the BEST!
Exciting times for Epcot.
I am not disputing what you were told, but I heard a little different scenario. Yes major change in the descent part of the ride, but also a lot of AA's would be repositioned, with new costumes. Also some of the scenes, say the scene with the Japanese girl, and American boy may see a major redo. As always this is speculation on my part however the source's of the information are very good. I never post somebody elses opinion unless they have proven extremely reliable over years, and many different subjects. Such would be the case with Spirit74, and leemac on laughingplace.com. You can definitely take my post with a grain of salt, but you can usually take their post to the bank. As with anything at WDW, all changes are subject to further change.

Lee

Adventurer
True.
The descent will be the most different, but every scene in the ride will be touched in some way.

Is execution the penalty????
Sssshhhh. It's actually a nice vacation in Eastern Europe. See my avatar for further information.:lookaroun

cmatt

True.
The descent will be the most different, but every scene in the ride will be touched in some way.

Sssshhhh. It's actually a nice vacation in Eastern Europe. See my avatar for further information.:lookaroun

...nice ladies in that shame about the rest of the movie ;)

jasondiff

I am not disputing what you were told, but I heard a little different scenario. Yes major change in the descent part of the ride, but also a lot of AA's would be repositioned, with new costumes. Also some of the scenes, say the scene with the Japanese girl, and American boy may see a major redo. As always this is speculation on my part however the source's of the information are very good. I never post somebody elses opinion unless they have proven extremely reliable over years, and many different subjects. Such would be the case with Spirit74, and leemac on laughingplace.com. You can definitely take my post with a grain of salt, but you can usually take their post to the bank. As with anything at WDW, all changes are subject to further change.

I posted a while ago that I heard something very similar - the scene with the Japanese girl/American boy and everything on the descent would see a major redo. This from a CM at SSE, so take it with whatever you want...

Jimmy Thick

Um I would suggest YOU learn a bit more about the internet as well as the overall security of various browsing engines.

First of all the attitude of "WE ARE AMERICANS WE OWN TEH INTERNET, WE CAN GET ANYTHING WE WANT!!" is a childish concept to say the least. As others have stated if anyone wanted to obtain IP information from Steve and this site, they would have to get a subpoena to force Steve to cooperate. Also you obviously know nothing about IP masking, all it takes is a simple firewall or even a piece of 3rd party software to spoof any IP address you want, you can even route your connection thru multiple IP addresses in order to mask yourself from possible security threats.

I would suggest next time you decide to post nonsensical banter on these boards you should at least do your homework before you try and call someone out. And before you try to say squat to me, I'm a network administrator and have been working in the IT field for over 8 years, so yes I know what I'm talking about. :rolleyes:

Oh and thanks E-dew for the nice tidbits of info, I'll be sure to enjoy them with my grain of salt.:p

Well, considering I work in law enforcement, I think I may be privy to information you are not, no matter what credentials you claim to have. I suggest you look into it, it may enlighten you.

May I also suggest we keep this to the topic at hand?

jmuboy

JASONDIFF - I love your Avatar. I remember that WDW ad from childhood. It made me want to go so bad. How cool it was to see Mickey ontop of SSE! Can the marketing machine that is Disney now create cool ads like that anymore? I say they should use that ad again as a tribute to EPCOT's anniversary.

MythBuster

They tried that in `99 with Imagination - minus the screens. It didn`t go down too well.

That's one of the problems. If everyone focused on show quality(including the media) then show quality would get an big improvement. But what is everyone focusing on the news?? Injuries and deaths and always trying to blame everytthing on the ride systems not the stupid guests who do stupid things or people with pre-existing conditions. So every refurb or redesign is always about safety systems first. So they spend most the budget behind the scenes. So alot of people expect a lot after a refurb and sometimes it looks like they took more things out, then they added. But it all comes down to money!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom