News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

wutisgood

I’ve said it before, but we had two of the best days in a long long time at Seaworld when last in Orlando. I was pleasantly shocked in retrospect.
Seaworld has the best Christmas event and some of their festival food has been outstanding. I also think Disney is just such a poor value at the price these days it is easy to splurge on extras at sea world or have expectations beat.

Thelazer

Had they done the original spinning circles/compass centerpiece there wouldn’t be viewing location issues. Curious why they didn’t do that. And it would have added another moving element to the show.

Had they just upgraded the LED pixels on the existing earth globe, and swapped out the old water screen barges for the Taco's (and brought those out nightly) this would have been a super easy way of upgrading and cost savings.

But what do I know?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I’ve said it before, but we had two of the best days in a long long time at Seaworld when last in Orlando. I was pleasantly shocked in retrospect.
My wife and I had one of our best vacation days last January (2020) pre-the world on fire, at Discovery Cove, such a beautiful property and love the inclusive aspect to the day. Never had to pull a credit card out.

UNCgolf

Just to clarify, this is my list of songs I would like to be featured in the show, on the basis that the show is going ahead and we are going to end up with I.P.C.O.T after all. As I said in my recent video on Harmonious, I LOVED IllumiNations RoE and I WOULD HAVE MUCH preferred an updated version of IllumiNations instead. But it is what it is... and Harmonious is going to debut whether we like it or not.

Don't they already use several of those songs in Happily Ever After?

Not that that's going to stop Disney from using them again, but if they're going to do another Disney music show (where it doesn't belong) it would at least be nice for it to use different music from the other shows on property.

Last edited:

IveBeenJack

Just a little something I made Lol

Screenshot 2021-03-30 at 5.32.22 pm.png

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Disappointing to see so many embrace this line of thinking when it’s the antithesis of what the park stood for... until Iger came along.
@GrandCanyonConcourse If you’re going to laugh at a comment that wasn’t at all funny, at least have the decency to respond. Otherwise, don’t bother reacting at all.
I laughed as well, since the comment could be interpreted as lamenting Marni's "approval" of the IPCOT concept. And anyone who has regularly read his posts would know that Marni's opinion of "IPCOT" is not favorable.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Think they might be testing tonight?

Since Epcot is open until 11 I’m wondering when they will do it? Id say around 11:30 if they want it done by midnight, but that may be tricky to get all guests out by 11:30.
Wouldn't a surprise pop up show really throw everyone off and increase the interest in people sticking around the park longer "just in case they did another one another night", LOL

no one would be crowded around waiting since it would not be advertised. They could do a 5-7 minute small show and put an announcement saying "good night and thanks for coming to EPCOT. See you real soon."

TTA94

Wouldn't a surprise pop up show really throw everyone off and increase the interest in people sticking around the park longer "just in case they did another one another night", LOL

no one would be crowded around waiting since it would not be advertised. They could do a 5-7 minute small show and put an announcement saying "good night and thanks for coming to EPCOT. See you real soon."

They might be able to pull that off for one night if the park was not crowded, but that’s about it. After that you would 100% see people waiting around in hopes of a show happening.

I do wonder if they are at all concerned about guests gathering to watch fireworks from outside the park, whether that be from the parking lot or Boardwalk. Technically the guests are not IN the park, but yet the guests are still on Disney property. 🤔. Could Disney still get backlash from shooting off fireworks with guests gathering outside of the park?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I wonder how close they are to the finish line with these things? Half way at least?
I think a fairly long way off. It seem like Mexico is maybe nearly there. Canada still is having physical work done to it, and limited testing has gone on. Stargate seems fairly similar to Canada. I don't think any testing has been seen on France yet, and China isn't out in the lagoon yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom