News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

esskay

It will probably cost Disney millions in lost revenue due boycotting company wide.
I wouldn't be so sure. Disney's pretty good at 'picking' where their business comes from. If locals (or even wider Republicans) drop off then the promos for international guests increase. Disney does a HUGE amount of bookings from the UK alone, and one whif of a deal being available and the rooms get booked up fast.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Corporatism would be farming out what would be the traditional role of government to corporations. You could argue the original 1967 RCID was corporatism but you could also argue the central Florida area was so under developed that this was borne out of necessity.

By over correcting and creating a different standard for Disney in terms of ride inspections, tax penalties, etc. that would not apply to other large theme parks that to is a form of corporatism. Retaining special tax status for other districts is also a form of corporate welfare. The contractors of Villages are also beneficiaries of a form of corporatism so why cherry pick Disney?

True “conservatism” would be setting a standard set of rules across the board, eliminating all special districts statewide and transferring debt obligations to localities and/or the state general fund and its taxpayers and treating all state employers equally regardless of if/how they chose to exercise their first amendment rights.
…correct….
RCID was borne out of necessity. It's something so many have neglected to mention or pretend to be ignorant of. It remained in place as it was mutually beneficial to the state, Disney, and Orange and Osceola counties.
…and 1000% correct

It’s amazing how many have forgotten - or more accurately not bothered to take 1 hour to educate themselves…
…that Disney BUILT central Florida

There was nothing there prior. Tourism followed and it’s one of the most concentrated areas in the country/world…

None of this should be in dispute. For a second.

To say RCID needed “changing” is devoid of factual basis. Only low paid workers have a legitimate complaint as to the “downsides”

…but I bet we aren’t gonna fix that…are we Florida? 😎

MagicHappens1971

It’s amazing how many have forgotten - or more accurately not bothered to take 1 hour to educate themselves…
…that Disney BUILT central Florida

There was nothing there prior. Tourism followed and it’s one of the most concentrated areas in the country/world…

None of this should be in dispute. For a second.

To say RCID needed “changing” is devoid of factual basis. Only low paid workers have a legitimate complaint as to the “downsides”

…but I bet we aren’t gonna fix that…are we Florida? 😎
I've established this probably 100 times throughout this thread, and still so many claim they have no idea whats going on, and that DeSantis is in the right.

harry58

Just read a really odd update on this in the Orlando Sentinel Article states "NONE" of what is in Disney's complaint, and goes to extremes quoting all of the problems that the new board has with Disney. While they dont overtly support those claims, is odd that none of Disney's complaint is referenced.

Brian

Unless you specifically say otherwise it would look like you are agreeing or endorsing the content of the article you are posting.
It’s interesting that nobody was claiming or critiquing that I was agreeing with the content of the clip I posted of Nikki Haley dunking on DeSantis earlier. But I post a clip of DeSantis explaining his motivations, and suddenly I’m “endorsing” his position.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can solve these step by step

I know bookings are down.
Prices and a shrinking clientele due to cost of living and credit availability decreasing
Also, Disney sit down restaurants had one of the slowest spring breaks ever.
Prices and a shrinking clientele due to cost of living and credit availability decreasing
Plus non-park divisions are definitely hurting.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I know bookings are down. Also, Disney sit down restaurants had one of the slowest spring breaks ever. Plus non-park divisions are definitely hurting.
huh.

We must have not been in the same WDW where it was obnoxiously busy during spring break, and where I wasn't able to get any worthwhile dining reservations.

The rest, yeah... it's the economy.

DisneyDebRob

This speech was from 4/21 (pre-lawsuit). The reason I am posting this, despite his multiple mischaracterizations of the situation, is to share DeSantis' philosophy. Many have rightfully pointed out that his actions do not comport with traditional ideological conservatism. This is his response to that.

It’s funny that I keep seeing “win” or “victory” in headlines or some speeches about the Disney battle. I must have slept through the ending. This thing is just getting started.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom