News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

BuzzedPotatoHead89

My understanding of corporatism is that it is a system of government that incorporates different groups into the state according to shared often professional interests, along the lines of guilds. An example would be the Mexican government under the Institutional Revolutionary Party for most of the 20th century with its peasant, worker, and popular sectors integrated into a hegemonic state party.

People (like DeSantis) use the term to imply a government that defers to corporations, but I don't think that's what it means.
Learn something new everyday.

My understanding all the way through school was always closer to the domestic “corporate welfare” slang definition. Regardless I think we can agree DeSantis gets it wrong. 🤣

Brian

I don't get this... why would you trust what he is saying as 'his philosphy' when as you point out... he's already mispresenting everything

1. They weren't "deferring to every corporation" - This was a situation the state willingly entered
  2. "are we advancing the rule of law?" -- while flat out ignoring the basic tenant of the 1A?
  3. Disney was never asking for "everything it wants" nor getting it

He's basically creating a false narrative and saying "this is what I am trying to defeat" -- But it's literally all based on lies to start. What can you take away from a position that doesn't even start in reality?
Because there isn’t a single honest politician out there in the U.S., yet they are the ones pulling the levers of power in our country. Therefore, it would behoove us to try to pick the bread crumbs they leave us that could shine a light of their thinking.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Even then a majority of the restaurants were way down in numbers. Some of the usually impossible locations had availably for parties 2-6 during easter week. That may be due to no DDP. People aren't eating table service as often without DDP.
Actually all restaurants open up 1-2 days prior now. It’s been a thing for a few years.

Don’t know exactly why?…but some reasonable guesses.

drnilescrane

Actually all restaurants open up 1-2 days prior now. It’s been a thing for a few years.
I know the reason the DDP hasn't come back is because Disney's old software vendor went bankrupt and their new one was taken over and fired Disney as a client... but I hope it truly is dead and buried.

The rigid stratification of snack/QSR/TSR/signature has hamstrung WDW dining for too long.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Because there isn’t a single honest politician out there in the U.S., yet they are the ones pulling the levers of power in our country. Therefore, it would behoove us to try to pick the bread crumbs they leave us that could shine a light of their thinking.
Or better... identify when you are being fed a line and recognize the pitch isn't necessarily the true intent of the speaker.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Hope that is right.
It is. Gallup tracks voter identification and this year it hit a record of 49% of voters identify as independent with 25% to each of the parties. The number of people actually registered independent may be smaller because nearly half the states don’t allow independents to vote in the primary. So if you live in NY as an example and you are an independent it is preferable in a lot of people’s minds to register as a democrat to have a say in their primary. Anyway, the point is independents are growing as the parties turn further to the far extremes. In the last presidential election it was independents in the 6 biggest swing states that swayed the election.

drnilescrane

New polling shows Republicans support Ron DeSantis’ attacks on Disney​

New national Reuters/Ipsos polling suggests the continued machinations against Mickey Mouse make sense to GOP voters. The survey shows 64% of the 366 GOP voters polled maintain there is nothing maleficent about DeSantis demanding concessions from the company for opposing 2022’s Parental Rights in Education law.

Overall, 44% of Republicans regard DeSantis more favorably, even as 63% tell Reuters they are generally “less likely to support a political candidate who backs laws designed to punish a company for its political or cultural stances.” Meanwhile, 54% of Republicans are aware of the gubernatorial campaign against the theme park.

Another national survey tells a similar story. A Harvard-Harris Poll says the Governor’s war against The Walt Disney Co. appears to be a net positive, with 73% of Republicans supportive of the anti-Disney stance.

Many Republicans who could be potential 2024 opponents for DeSantis are taking the opposite view.

Sauce: https://floridapolitics.com/archive...ows-republicans-want-ron-desantis-disney-war/

Tiny sample size so take with a grain of salt, but this might explain why those in the echo chamber haven't backed down.

Last edited:

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Even then a majority of the restaurants were way down in numbers. Some of the usually impossible locations had availably for parties 2-6 during easter week. That may be due to no DDP. People aren't eating table service as often without DDP.
2 major changes have happened with ADRs (dining reservations)

It’s been a while now since they went from 180 day booking to 60 day.

Very recently they went from a 24hr cancellation policy to a 2 hour cancellation policy.

I think the intention was to allow more flexibility so guests are not tied to reservations that don’t jive with their day, especially when other people would like those spots. Hard to gauge anything about availability right now until this new system stabilizes.

tallica

huh.

We must have not been in the same WDW where it was obnoxiously busy during spring break, and where I wasn't able to get any worthwhile dining reservations.

The rest, yeah... it's the economy.
Friends and family work at Disney restaurants. I get first hand knowledge. Also there is a private FB group for Disney FOH CMs. There are threads on how slow it was spring break. I don't know where you were trying to get reservations, but even Woody's had some openings during Easter week.

tissandtully

I know the reason the DDP hasn't come back is because Disney's old software vendor went bankrupt and their new one was taken over and fired Disney as a client... but I hope it truly is dead and buried.

The rigid stratification of snack/QSR/TSR/signature has hamstrung WDW dining for too long.
my main complaint was it kept prices artificially high, but doesn't seem they have a plan to bring them down since its gone

tissandtully

Friends and family work at Disney restaurants. I get first hand knowledge. Also there is a private FB group for Disney FOH CMs. There are threads on how slow it was spring break. I don't know where you were trying to get reservations, but even Woody's had some openings during Easter week.
Not indicative of anything except decreased table service demand. Seems like you are grasping at straws to prove some sort of point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom