News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

harry58

Just read a really odd update on this in the Orlando Sentinel Article states "NONE" of what is in Disney's complaint, and goes to extremes quoting all of the problems that the new board has with Disney. While they dont overtly support those claims, is odd that none of Disney's complaint is referenced.

Brian

Unless you specifically say otherwise it would look like you are agreeing or endorsing the content of the article you are posting.
It’s interesting that nobody was claiming or critiquing that I was agreeing with the content of the clip I posted of Nikki Haley dunking on DeSantis earlier. But I post a clip of DeSantis explaining his motivations, and suddenly I’m “endorsing” his position.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can solve these step by step

I know bookings are down.
Prices and a shrinking clientele due to cost of living and credit availability decreasing
Also, Disney sit down restaurants had one of the slowest spring breaks ever.
Prices and a shrinking clientele due to cost of living and credit availability decreasing
Plus non-park divisions are definitely hurting.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I know bookings are down. Also, Disney sit down restaurants had one of the slowest spring breaks ever. Plus non-park divisions are definitely hurting.
huh.

We must have not been in the same WDW where it was obnoxiously busy during spring break, and where I wasn't able to get any worthwhile dining reservations.

The rest, yeah... it's the economy.

DisneyDebRob

This speech was from 4/21 (pre-lawsuit). The reason I am posting this, despite his multiple mischaracterizations of the situation, is to share DeSantis' philosophy. Many have rightfully pointed out that his actions do not comport with traditional ideological conservatism. This is his response to that.

It’s funny that I keep seeing “win” or “victory” in headlines or some speeches about the Disney battle. I must have slept through the ending. This thing is just getting started.

Lilofan

Well, Disney already has one resort in South Carolina...

I'm still sad that long time CM Mick Ayres and his dog Shadow, part of the welcoming committee at DVC Hilton Head lost their jobs a few years ago due to cost savings.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I found it obnoxiously busy the entire period. Like we left the park early twice due to crowds.
But you’re from Florida and everyone from Florida can’t stand crowds. I’d expect nothing less.

You’re perception is likely off. As is mine because I don’t tolerate crowds either

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
But you’re from Florida and everyone from Florida can’t stand crowds. I’d expect nothing less.

You’re perception is likely off. As is mine because I don’t tolerate crowds either
Hey. HEY.

I live in Florida. LIVE.

I am not FROM Florida.

0% of my DNA is methgator.

Do not insult me like that.

Watch it.

flynnibus

Premium Member
This speech was from 4/21 (pre-lawsuit). The reason I am posting this, despite his multiple mischaracterizations of the situation, is to share DeSantis' philosophy.
I don't get this... why would you trust what he is saying as 'his philosphy' when as you point out... he's already mispresenting everything

1. They weren't "deferring to every corporation" - This was a situation the state willingly entered
  2. "are we advancing the rule of law?" -- while flat out ignoring the basic tenant of the 1A?
  3. Disney was never asking for "everything it wants" nor getting it

He's basically creating a false narrative and saying "this is what I am trying to defeat" -- But it's literally all based on lies to start. What can you take away from a position that doesn't even start in reality?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hey. HEY.

I live in Florida. LIVE.

I am not FROM Florida.

0% of my DNA is methgator.

Do not insult me like that.

Watch it.
Yeah well I’m not FROM Florida either…

But I did live in it…which means I can’t tolerate crowds
And I’ve spent years in parks as a non-resident…which means I can’t tolerate crowds.

…just saying…we likely are what we are

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom