News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Lilofan

As much as I hate him abusing his position to punish a corporation I’m even more concerned with how he’d respond to a country that dared oppose him. He’s had several chances to end this spat with Disney, a couple that would have even given him a draw/small win, and instead has chosen to escalate the situation every time, if he can’t even handle diplomacy with Disney how can he be trusted to handle difficult and often tense relationships with hostile countries like China?

This pit bull attitude may be attractive to the far right but I think it’s driving the center away, and no amount of post primary backtracking will likely get them back. They may not vote for the other guy but if they stay home it has nearly the same affect.
DeSantis can count in his history is that he got out-smarted by Mickey Mouse.

Riviera Rita

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If anyone has better insight: HB9B that created the CFTOD stripped it of the right to collect tolls. Can that be amended to allow tolls to be collected, if so did the Development Agreement cover that possibility?
Not sure about the development agreement, but someone posted earlier that the bill that created the new board allows the district to transfer ownership of roads to FDOT and then FDOT could add the toll so collected by the state not the district. That would avoid the district collecting a toll which would ultimately just reduces Disney’s tax bill. I believe it was also posted that the state must use the toll money to repair and maintain the roads first and anything left would go to the county where the road is.

tissandtully

Not sure about the development agreement, but someone posted earlier that the bill that created the new board allows the district to transfer ownership of roads to FDOT and then FDOT could add the toll so collected by the state not the district. That would avoid the district collecting a toll which would ultimately just reduces Disney’s tax bill. I believe pit was also posted that the state must use the toll money to repair and maintain the roads first and anything left would go to the county where the road is.
Sounds like a win for Disney haha

Tha Realest

Yeah. Disney would lose control of road maintenance for the roads turned over, but they would also lose the requirement to pay for the road maintenance. Take that Mouse….we are going to punish you by taking over paying for maintenance on the roads your business uses 🤓🤓🤓🤓
There’s a lot of potential for mischief. Like, say, if road maintenance started taking place annually during March

lazyboy97o

If anyone has better insight: HB9B that created the CFTOD stripped it of the right to collect tolls. Can that be amended to allow tolls to be collected, if so did the Development Agreement cover that possibility?
It also gave them the option of handing the roads over to the state. But yes, it could be amended. The stated intent is to void the agreements, so I don’t think they can be factored into what will be attempted.

Tolls though are something that would take time in order to implement as all of the infrastructure would have to be built. They need things that can have a more immediate impact. Extra hotel taxes seems like something that could more easily be rushed and while it charges customers it makes Disney more expensive compared to alternatives. Parking fees at the Disney Springs garages seems like another. The District and the state can ignore the agreements and force Disney to act to enforce them.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
On the topic of tolls, since the parking garages at Disney Springs were built by RCID can they add a parking fee there too? Would go back to the district and ultimately be a tax break for Disney but could be viewed as a way to punish Disney customers.

lazyboy97o

Not sure about the development agreement, but someone posted earlier that the bill that created the new board allows the district to transfer ownership of roads to FDOT and then FDOT could add the toll so collected by the state not the district. That would avoid the district collecting a toll which would ultimately just reduces Disney’s tax bill. I believe it was also posted that the state must use the toll money to repair and maintain the roads first and anything left would go to the county where the road is.
It wouldn’t really reduce the tax burden. The District could still collect those taxes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom