Recipe???

Brown Derby Chicken Noodle Soup

1 medium onion 1/4 inch diced
1 large carrot
2 tsp salt
1 cup cooked Mickey Mouse pasta (may substitute egg noodles)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large celery stalk, 1/4 inch diced
3 parsley sprigs, finely chopped
1/2 tsp white pepper
1 cup cooked chicken, 1/3 inch diced
5 cups chicken stock

Saute carrotes, onions, and celery in olive oil until onion is opaque. Add remaining ingredients except noodles/pasta. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add noodles/pasta and simmer an additional 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley.

Makes 6 servings.

tigsmom

LaTinkerbell said:
1 medium onion 1/4 inch diced
1 large carrot
2 tsp salt
1 cup cooked Mickey Mouse pasta (may substitute egg noodles)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large celery stalk, 1/4 inch diced
3 parsley sprigs, finely chopped
1/2 tsp white pepper
1 cup cooked chicken, 1/3 inch diced
5 cups chicken stock

Saute carrotes, onions, and celery in olive oil until onion is opaque. Add remaining ingredients except noodles/pasta. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add noodles/pasta and simmer an additional 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley.

Makes 6 servings.

Sounds yummy! I'll have to get some Mickey shaped pasta. :lol:

tigsmom

Found in today's Orlando Sentinal:

Coriander Wings
Ohana - Polynesian Resort

Yield: 4 servings.

Ingredients:

4 pounds chicken wings and drummettes
1/8 cup wing seasoning (see note)
1/2 cup coriander wing sauce (see note)
2 tablespoons canola oil
Sesame seeds and watercress for garnish

spacer.gif

1. Heat oven to 400 F.

2. Put chicken, wing seasoning and oil in large bowl. Mix well. Place chicken on nonstick, foil-lined cookie sheet. Bake until thickest part of the chicken reaches 165 F.

3. While chicken bakes, warm coriander wing sauce. Toss cooked wings in sauce and serve hot. Garnish with sesame seeds and watercress.

Wing seasoning: Combine 2 tablespoons Kosher salt, 2 tablespoons ground paprika, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric, 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic and 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.

Coriander wing sauce: In nonstick pot, simmer 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 tablespoon ground coriander, 1⁄2 cup soy sauce and 1 cup honey. Mix 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water. When mixture begins to thicken slightly, add cornstarch mixture. Stir until sauce thickens nicely.

hedgewick

I just found this thread today it think it's great so see so many recipes from the park. We're going in Sept/Oct and it will be really helpfull to know what is in some of the food they serve. My son is allergic to nuts so It's great to look at the recipes ahead of time and know what is safe for him to eat. THANKS!

tigsmom

hedgewick said:
I just found this thread today it think it's great so see so many recipes from the park. We're going in Sept/Oct and it will be really helpfull to know what is in some of the food they serve. My son is allergic to nuts so It's great to look at the recipes ahead of time and know what is safe for him to eat. THANKS!

Welcome! :wave:

If you have any questions or requests feel free to ask. Of course a few new recipes gathered while on your trip would be nice too. :lookaroun

hedgewick

tigsmom said:
Welcome! :wave:

If you have any questions or requests feel free to ask. Of course a few new recipes gathered while on your trip would be nice too. :lookaroun

Are the chefs at the resturaunts in the parks really willing to give out their recipes?! That is really nice and somewhat surprising.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
hedgewick said:
Are the chefs at the resturaunts in the parks really willing to give out their recipes?! That is really nice and somewhat surprising.
They absolutely do give out the recipes!!! Also make sure that you let your server know about your son's allergies so they can work around it for you!!! Belle

hedgewick

wannabeBelle said:
They absolutely do give out the recipes!!! Also make sure that you let your server know about your son's allergies so they can work around it for you!!! Belle

GREAT! The allergy thing is a big stress for me. I've heard Disney is very good about it so I'm looking forward to the trip.

tigsmom

hedgewick said:
GREAT! The allergy thing is a big stress for me. I've heard Disney is very good about it so I'm looking forward to the trip.

They are very good. Another member here has a severe nut allergy and has not had a problem with the chef's at disney, they are more than willing to help out.

Many restaurants have their most frequently asked for recipes already printed up on cards so don't be afraid to ask for something you really like. :wave:

tink rules

Tigs Mom.....
'

I don't know if I asked this... I will search again...

Do you know if there is a recipe for the mashed potatoes at The brown Derby? It is the one that come with the Filet Mignon....

Thanks...

tigsmom

tink rules said:
Tigs Mom.....
'

I don't know if I asked this... I will search again...

Do you know if there is a recipe for the mashed potatoes at The brown Derby? It is the one that come with the Filet Mignon....

Thanks...

There are very few recipes from the Brown Derby out there. I've never eaten there so I hope this is the one you are talking about...

Mashed Boniato Potatoes
from the Hollywood Brown Derby, Disney-MGM Studios

Serves 4

1 1/2 pounds boniato potatoes, peeled
3/4 pound red bliss potatoes, unpeeled
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter
Kosher salt, to taste
White pepper, to taste

Cut up larger potatoes so that all are about the same size. Cover both types of potatoes with water and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender. Drain very well.
Heat the cream, then keep it on low until needed.
Place the potatoes, cream and butter in a mixer fitted with a whisk and beat until well combined and the desired consistency is attained.
Salt and pepper to taste.

tigsmom

Sweet Potato Hazelnut Gratin
Wilderness Lodge​
Yield: 8-10 servings.

Ingredients:
4 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
3/4 cup maple syrup
5 Tblsp unsalted butter
2 cups whole hazelnuts blanched
4 cups Panko Japanese bread crumbs
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tblsp salt

1. Using a knife or the cutting-disk attachment of your food processor, slice peeled sweet potatoes into 1/4-inch thick slices and place in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.

2. In a small pot, combine whipping cream, maple syrup and butter and warm on low heat until butter melts. Take the pan off the heat and reserve.

3. Place the hazelnuts on a cookie sheet and insert them into a preheated 375 F oven and roast until they turn golden brown in color. Remove and let cool then chop with a knife or food processor to a slightly ruff consistency, not to fine. Next place the bread crumbs, chopped hazelnuts and the brown sugar into a bowl and mix together. This will be the topping of the gratin.

4. Take the bowl with the potato slices and season them with salt. Next add 2/3 of the cream mixture and 2 cups of the topping and toss together coating the potatoes.

5. Next spray a 9-by-12 inch baking dish with your favorite pan spray and place the potato mixture in the dish. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula to get all the bits. Then press the potatoes into the pan with your hands to compact and level the slices.

6. Pour the remaining cream mixture over potatoes then cover with baking paper and foil and place into a 375 F oven for 45-55 minutes. When you remove the dish, the sweet potatoes should be just cooked. Add the remaining topping in an even layer and place dish back into oven.

7. Reduce heat to 350 F and bake until crust turns a golden brown, approximately 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 10minutes before serving.[/SIZE]

tigsmom

Island Barbecued Pork Ribs
Disney's Spirit of Aloha -Polynesian Resort
Yield: 4-6 servings

Ingredients

Select 2 each slabs of Raw Pork Spare Ribs (total – 4 lbs.)

Dry Seasoning

1 cup Kosher Salt
1 tsp Celery Salt
2 TBSP Mesquite Seasoning
1 TBSP Onion Powder
1 TBSP Garlic Powder
3 TBSP Sugar
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper

Sauce

1 cup Tomato paste
1 TBSP Corn Syrup
1 TBSP Molasses
1 TBSP Dijon Mustard
2 TBSP Honey
1 cup Pineapple Juice
2 TBSP Rice Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Granulated Garlic
1 TBSP Onion Powder
1 TBSP Caramel
1/4 Tsp Smoked Liquid

Barbecue Sauce Preparation

1. In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix well
2. Keep refrigerated

Preparation

1. Mix all dry ingredients and season lightly the pork rib slabs on both sides; let marinate for 12 hours.
2. Cook the seasoned pork ribs at 325°F for 1 hour.
3. Cut slabs of ribs while hot into individual pieces (one bone each) and place in baking dish.
4. Heat the barbecue sauce to a simmer and pour over the entire pork ribs.
5. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and place it in a warm oven at 200° for 30-45 minutes.

tigsmom

Spirit of Aloha Rice
Disney's Spirit of Aloha - Polynesian Resort
Ingredients
1 lb. rice, cooked
2 TBSP soy sauce
1 TBSP butter oil (clarified butter)
2 TBSP red onion, diced
1/2 TBSP garlic, minced
2 TBSP green onion, chopped
1/4 cup carrots, diced
8 oz. cabbage, diced
Seasoning
1 TBSP granulated onion
1 TBSP salt
1 tsp. ground garlic
1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
1. Sauté vegetables (carrots, onion, cabbage, etc.) in butter oil or clarified butter
2. Add cooked rice, soy sauce, and seasoning to taste.

tigsmom

Crab Soup
Boatwright's - Port Orleans-Riverside
Ingredients
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups half-and-half
1 cup milk
1 cup finely diced potatoes
1 cup finely diced carrots
1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over
1/2 cup corn kernels, preferably fresh
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup clam broth
2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
1 tablespoon Pernod

1. In a 4- or 5-quart Dutch oven, heat the heavy cream, half-and-half, and milk to a simmer over medium heat.
2. Add the potatoes, carrots, crabmeat, corn, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
3. Whisk the water and the cornstarch together in a small bowl. Add the cornstarch mixture and the clam broth to the cream mixture and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute, or until thickened.
4. Just before serving, stir in the scallions, dill, and Pernod

tigsmom

Sweet Potato Pancakes
Boatwright's- Port Orleans-Riverside
Yield: 12-15 pancakes
Pancakes:
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups milk
3 each eggs
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12-ounce can sweet potato, mashed
Pecan honey butter:
1 stick butter (at room temperature)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup toasted pecans
To make pecan honey butter, combine butter, honey and toasted pecans. Set aside.
To make the pancakes, combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir in milk and beaten eggs. Add oil and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Fold in the mashed sweet potatoes (should result in a lumpy texture). In a small nonstick frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil over medium heat. Pour in batter to desired size. Cook until dark brown (sweet potato pancakes take a little longer to cook than regular pancakes because of the density of the sweet potatoes). Serve pancakes warm with pecan honey butter.

tigsmom

Maple Chicken Wing Sauce
Territory Lounge-Wilderness Lodge
Yield: about 8 servings of wings
Ingredients
3 cups maple syrup
1 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce

Method:
Season chicken wings first with salt, black pepper and celery salt. Cook the wings, then toss them in the wing sauce

tigsmom

Jollof Rice
Tusker House - Animal Kingdom​
1 pound rice
24 oz. Water
4 oz. Chicken base
4 oz. Tomato paste
2 oz. Turmeric
1 oz. Cumin
2 Bay leaves
6 oz. Chopped onion
1 oz. Thyme
1 oz. Rosemary
2 oz. each of Red & green peppers (julienne)
Mix Chicken Base, tomato paste and water. Stir in Turmeric and cumin. Pour over rice and mix well. Add thyme, rosemary, chopped onions, and bay leaves. Pour into 4" hotel pan. Cover with Baker paper and foil. Cook at 325° for 30 to 45 minutes. Mix in julienne red and green peppers.

tigsmom

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Chocolate Canadian Club Cake
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] (Whiskey Cake)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Le Cellier - Canada

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chocolate Canadian Club Cake[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 cake (your favorite recipe)
24 ounces Chocolate Mousse Batch (recipe below)
6 ounces Ganache (recipe below)
8 ounces Whiskey Syrup (recipe below)
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Cut your round cake into 3 layers. Take each layer and drizzle whiskey syrup over each, covering generously. After whiskey syrup soaks in, cover each layer with chocolate mousse, and stack all layers together. Cover completed cake with mousse and decorate with Ganache for icing using a pastry bag with a star tip.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Ganache
1 pound Chocolate disks
1/2 quart Heavy cream
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Heat Cream - do not scald.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Remove from heat and stir in Chocolate Coins until smooth.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chocolate Mousse (Batch)
4 1/2 ounces powdered sugar
1/2 quart whipping cream -- whipped
7 fluid ounces egg yolk -- pasteurized
12 ounces chocolate coins (or other high quality chopped chocolate)
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Whip eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Carefully melt the chocolate over double-boiler steam bath stirring often.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. When steps 1 and 2 are complete, fold the melted chocolate into the egg and sugar mixture. Then fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. Place in the cooler to chill, then portion and serve.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Whiskey Syrup
3/4 quart Water
1/2 pound Sugar
6 ounces Canadian Club Whiskey
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Combine Water and Sugar in a saucepan. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Bring to a boil; stir until all Sugar is dissolved.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Remove from heat, add the Whiskey.[/FONT]​

SewIn2Disney

Yum! Thanks for all the new recipe's! Looks like Spirit of Aloha Rice, Crab soup, and Canadian Chocolate Cake would make an excellent dinner (well, in my eyes anyway.....)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom