Recipe???

tigsmom

shoppingnut said:
Why is it that they must always ruin a perfectly good food item by putting peppers in it. If it weren't for the peppers, those crab cakes would be great.

So leave them out! Just substitute the same amount of celery.

Is it the green bell peppers you don't like? You can use the sweeter red, orange or yellow instead...they don't have the same bite.

Think of the recipe as more of an idea, I change things around all the time. :wave:

tigsmom

Vernonpush said:
I had a few meals at Boma and ate many different things. What is/are Quinoa? I probably ate this ( and probably like it), but I didn't know exactly what it was.

Quinoa is a grain, follow the link for info...

Click Here

rainfully

I just got a recipe in my e-mail for the Orange Blossom Honey Butter at the Garden Grill! :slurp:

Orange Blossom Honey Butter
Garden Grill Restaurant, The Land, Epcot
Serves 8 - Yield: approximately 1 pound
Ingredients

1 pound European Butter Blend
3 ounces Orange Blossom Honey
to taste salt
to taste pepper
1/16 ounce Ora Pearl (also know as Citro Pearl. It is dehydrated citrus zest
powder.)
Method

Whip all ingredients until light and fluffy. Season with salt and pepper. Store in sealed container in refrigerator.

I love this stuff but the only problem is I have no clue where to get any of the ingredients... :lol:

tigsmom

Rain that sounds yummy!

I looked up European Butter Blend - it an unsalted butter that has cultures in it...like yogurt? :confused:

I would just use an unsalted butter in its place. Orange Blossom honey can usually be found with the other honey in the grocery stores. I can't find Ora Pearl listed anywhere, but I would substitute very, very fine orange peel. Mix them all up and let them rest to meld.

rainfully

tigsmom said:
Rain that sounds yummy!

I looked up European Butter Blend - it an unsalted butter that has cultures in it...like yogurt? :confused:

I would just use an unsalted butter in its place. Orange Blossom honey can usually be found with the other honey in the grocery stores. I can't find Ora Pearl listed anywhere, but I would substitute very, very fine orange peel. Mix them all up and let them rest to meld.

OMG it IS so yummy! :slurp:

Maybe if you just did a search for dehydrated citrus zest... hmm... there has to be some specialty store somewhere that sells it.

tigsmom

rainfully said:
OMG it IS so yummy! :slurp:

Maybe if you just did a search for dehydrated citrus zest... hmm... there has to be some specialty store somewhere that sells it.

That did it! I found a place in the UK. :rolleyes:

I also found a recipe...peel the fruit and place it on a baking sheet, place it in a 145 degree oven for 1 hour and grind in a spice grinder when cooled.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Hi there all!!! When on my last trip I ate dinner at Jiko in the AKL. My friend and I had ordered the Cucumber Tomato & Red Onion Salad which comes with a Watermelon Vinagarette that is to die for. Of course I didnt ask for the recipe for the Watermelon Vinagarette while I was there but do we have any clue for this one?? Belle

tigsmom

wannabeBelle said:
Hi there all!!! When on my last trip I ate dinner at Jiko in the AKL. My friend and I had ordered the Cucumber Tomato & Red Onion Salad which comes with a Watermelon Vinagarette that is to die for. Of course I didnt ask for the recipe for the Watermelon Vinagarette while I was there but do we have any clue for this one?? Belle

Here you go!

Cucumber, Tomato, and Red Onion Salad

from Jiko, Animal Kingdom Lodge​

vanilla dressing:

1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar (you may substitute malt or cider vinegar, but do not use brown balsamic)
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Pinch or kosher salt
Pinch of fresh ground pepper

Melon vinaigrette:

1/4 cup cantaloupe juice
6 tablespoons watermelon juice
Pinch of kosher salt
Pinch of fresh ground pepper
1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil​
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1/2 tablespoon basil leaves, sliced fine​
For the salad:
1 English cucumber
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 red onion, sliced very thin
2 tomatoes, cubed
Salt and pepper
1/4 pound arugula​
Make the vanilla dressing by whisking all the ingredients together and adjusting seasoning to taste. Set aside. For the melon vinaigrette, juice the cantaloupe and watermelon (cut into small pieces and squeeze by hand or use an old-fashioned glass or metal orange juicer) and measure amounts needed. Mix in salt and pepper, then lemon juice. Whisk in olive oil and adjust seasoning. Set aside. When ready to serve, mix in cottage cheese and basil.​
Cut cucumber in half, seed, slice fine, and place in a stainless steel bowl. Add salt, mix well, and let sit for a half hour at room temperature. Drain water from cucumber and mix with onions and tomatoes. Add 1/4 cup of vanilla dressing (reserve the rest) and season with salt and pepper to taste.​
In the center of a large plate, mound the tomato, cucumber, and red onions and drizzle 2 tablespoons of melon vinaigrette around them. Top with the arugula tossed with 2 tablespoons of vanilla dressing.​
The dressings can be made the day before and kept refrigerated.​

rainfully

tigsmom said:
That did it! I found a place in the UK. :rolleyes:

I also found a recipe...peel the fruit and place it on a baking sheet, place it in a 145 degree oven for 1 hour and grind in a spice grinder when cooled.

Wow... that sounds awfully complicated... all this for butter! :lol: And probably after all that I'm sure it wouldn't even taste as good :(

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
uuuuuuuuuum Have I mentioned how AMAZING I think that you are for doing all of this work for us, Tig's Mom???? Love ya much!!!! Belle

tink rules

Has anyone found the recipe for the Clam Chowder at Captain Jacks? I know that there are others (Liberty Tree, Fultons) but I was wondering if this one was in circulation.

Also... Anyone get the secret to the lethal Strawberry Margueritas at Captain Jacks?

Can you see please, it they have the recipe for the mushrooms at the Yachtsman's Steakhouse... I think they are made with Congnac or something?

Oh and Tiggsmom... go to Casa Del Sol in Woodcliff Lake, NJ BEST Sandwiches and they have Canoli.

Try a Ventura Grande. (Sandwich...) :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

tigsmom

tink rules said:
Has anyone found the recipe for the Clam Chowder at Captain Jacks? I know that there are others (Liberty Tree, Fultons) but I was wondering if this one was in circulation.

Also... Anyone get the secret to the lethal Strawberry Margueritas at Captain Jacks?

Can you see please, it they have the recipe for the mushrooms at the Yachtsman's Steakhouse... I think they are made with Congnac or something?

I did a search and did not see any of these listed. I'll keep looking. :wave:

Iakona

Is the Tonga Toast the same as the Banana French Toast they serve at Tusker house for the Sunrise Safari Breakfast?

and I get to bump the thread. :sohappy:

tigsmom

Iakona said:
Is the Tonga Toast the same as the Banana French Toast they serve at Tusker house for the Sunrise Safari Breakfast?

and I get to bump the thread. :sohappy:

I've never been so I'm not really sure, but Tonga Toast is easy to make...and they sound about the same.

tigsmom

Getting harder to find some new recipes...

Cinderella's Au Gratin Potatoes- Cinderella's Royal Table, MK

1/4 t. garlic salt
1/4t. white pepper
1/2t. salt (optional)
3 cups milk
1 cup mild and shredded cheddar cheese
4 cups diced and cooked potatoes
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup fresh and cooked bacon bits
1/2 cup diced onions
1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Dice and cook the potatoes. Dice onions. Gather remaining ingredients.

Melt butter. Add onion and saute. Add bacon and cook for 2 minutes. Add flour and stir to make a paste. Cook for 5 minutes.

Add 3 cups milk. Stir until all lumps are gone. Cook mixture 10 minutes and continue stirring. Add potatoes, cheese and seasonings. Mix until cheese is melted.

Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.Serves 6.

tigsmom

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Chocolate Lava Cake - Liberty Tree Tavern Liberty Square,
Magic Kingdom

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ingredients[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8 oz. Semisweet Chocolate Chips[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6 oz. Butter[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 Cup Sugar[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]¼ Cup Cornstarch[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 Large eggs[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 Egg yolks[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]non-stick spray[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Preparation :
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preheat oven to 375.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Place a small metal bowl over a saucepan with simmering water. Melt the chocolate and butter in the bowl.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, and cornstarch. Sift these into the chocolate and mix well with mixer. Add eggs one at a time, fully incorporating each egg before adding the next. Beat at high until batter is creamy and lightens in color. Chill mixture.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Coat individual soufflé cups with pan spray well. Fill cups 3/4 full with batter. Bake 10 or 11 minutes. Outsides should be cake like and centers should be gooey.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Garnish as desired with ice cream, raspberry or caramel sauce, or fresh fruit.[/FONT]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom