Recipe???

tigsmom

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Vegetarian Chili

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Columbia Harbour House[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Magic Kingdom

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] NOTE: This is a high-yield recipe --
you may want to scale it down for your own use!
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ingredients:

1 15.5 oz can pinto beans
1 15.5 oz can black beans
1 15.5 oz can great northern beans
2 15.5 oz cans dark red kidney beans
Drain beans well and set aside.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 cup olive oil
4 cups diced yellow onions
2 cups diced green peppers
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup 1/2 inch sliced celery
1 lb. sliced mushrooms
3/4 cup chili powder
1/4 cup ground cumin
3 TBSP basil
1 1/2 TBSP oregano
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
4 cups tomato juice
2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes in juice
1 TBSP Crystal Hot sauce
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup drained sliced black olives
salt and pepper to taste
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Method:

1. In an 8 quart dutch oven, heat the oil.

2. Add onions, green peppers, carrots and celery. Cook until the onions are translucent, add mushrooms and sautee three minutes more.

3. Add spices and sautee for two minutes, stirring often.

4. Add tomato paste and blend into mixture, add tomato juice and bring to a boil.

5. Add drained rinsed beans and mix well.

6. Bring to a boil and then add diced tomatoes, hot sauce, corn and black olives.

7. Turn down heat and simmer for 1 hour before serving, stirring every 15 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper before serving.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

DCL

::BUMP::

Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone on here has the recipe for the Chicken Fiorentine at Tony's Town Square. I'm looking to make it for my girlfriend on our anniversary! It's what we both had on our first date!

tigsmom

No need to bump, this is an ongoing thread. I'll do a search & see what I come up with. :wave:

EDIT: I found a recipe for Chicken Florentine from the Cafe at the GF. I haven't had the dish at either place so I don't know if its close or not. Also found one from Blue Bayou in DL.

tigsmom

Hurricane Hanna

Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts

Yield: 1 serving.

1 ounce Myers's Rum

3/4 ounce peach schnapps

3 ounces orange juice

Splash grenadine

1/2 ounce Bacardi 151 Rum

Cherry and orange slice for garnish

1. Fill hurricane glass with ice.

2. Combine Myers's rum, schnapps, orange juice and grenadine. Pour over ice.

3. Top off with Bacardi 151 rum.

4. Garnish with cherry and orange slice.

tigsmom

Rosemary Cornbread

House of Blues

5 eggs
2 1/2 C. heavy cream
6 T. chopped red bell pepper
4 T. minced shallots
1/2 lb. corn kernels
1 T. fresh rosemary, chopped
1/2 lb. corn muffin mix
Cooking spray to coat pans
Granulated sugar for dusting pans
Fresh cilantro

Heat oven to 300° F. In a bowl, combine eggs, heavy cream, red pepper, shallots, corn and rosemary. Add muffin mix to bind ingredients.

Coat small cast-iron pans with cooking spray. Dust pans with sugar. Using an ice cream scoop, plop three scoops of batter into each pan. Place a sprig of cilantro on top of each pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve.​
Yield: 10 servings.​

Thessair

This is the greatest thread in the history of ever. Seriously. Thanks to everyone who has worked to fill it up, especially Tigsmom. I was wondering something, I saw this requested earlier but I didn't see any indication whether it could or could not be found. Has anyone seen the sauerbraten recipe from Biergarten? Also, last fall I noticed the Main Street Bakery was selling individual pumpkin pies. Any chance anyone has seen that? Thanks again, everyone, you are the best! :D

tigsmom

Thessair said:
This is the greatest thread in the history of ever. Seriously. Thanks to everyone who has worked to fill it up, especially Tigsmom. I was wondering something, I saw this requested earlier but I didn't see any indication whether it could or could not be found. Has anyone seen the sauerbraten recipe from Biergarten? Also, last fall I noticed the Main Street Bakery was selling individual pumpkin pies. Any chance anyone has seen that? Thanks again, everyone, you are the best! :D

:wave:

I did another search and didn't find either. You can contact them directly and ask for the recipe, they are pretty good about giving them out, though some are secret. :lookaroun

Thessair

tigsmom said:

I did another search and didn't find either. You can contact them directly and ask for the recipe, they are pretty good about giving them out, though some are secret.

Thanks so much for the tip! I sent them a message at the end of last week. If I have any success, I'll be sure to post it up for everyone! :D

tigsmom

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Potato Leek Soup

Rose & Crown Restaurant, EPCOT

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ingredients[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3 pounds Idaho potatoes
3 cups onion, diced
3 cups leeks, diced
1 TB butter
1 quart heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Method:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Bake the potatoes in a 375 degree oven for 50 minutes.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Saute onions and leeks in butter on low heat until clear.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Add heavy cream.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. Once potatoes are done, scoop the center out with a spoon.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. Once the heavy cream comes to a simmer, add the potatoes you scooped out.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6. Let simmer for 10 minutes, then pull off stove and puree the soup in a blender.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7. Next, strain through a china cap. Taste and season with salt and pepper.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cook's Note: You must cool as soon as possible. If you cook the soup too long afte adding potatoes, the soup will come out brown.[/FONT]​

tigsmom

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Guinness Cake

Rose & Crown Restaurant

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yield: 8 servings[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ingredients[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
6 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 TB baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups Guinness Stout
1/2 cup cocoa powder
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Method:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.Grease and line a cake pan and preheat oven to 275 degrees F.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Cream butter and sugar together.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Gradually beat in eggs.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda into a separate bowl.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. Stir Guinness into cocoa. Carefully fold in alternate quantities of flour and cocoa to butter/ sugar mixture.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6. Spread mixture into pans and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes at 275 degrees F.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7. Let cool in pans for five minutes before turning out. [/FONT]​

tigsmom

Bleu Cheese Vinaigrette
Sci Fi Dine In Theater
Disney-MGM Studios
2 oz. Dijon mustard​
8 oz. olive oil​
1/4 tsp ground black pepper​
4 oz. bleu cheese​
3 oz. white balsamic vinegar​
2 TB basil​
1 tsp Kosher salt​
In a blender, blend vinegar and mustard together. Slowly add olive oil in a steady stream until incorporated. Add rest of ingredients and blend.​

tigsmom

Artichoke Spinach Dip
Sci Fi Dine In Theater
Disney-MGM Studios
1 pint heavy cream
6 oz. spinach (chopped, fresh or frozen)
2 oz. Swiss cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
11 oz. artichoke hearts, canned
8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese
2 oz. Asiago Cheese
2 oz. roasted red pepper, chopped
1/4 tsp white pepper

Reduce the heavy cream by 1/2. While reducing, chop artichokes, spinach, garlic, and red peppers. After heavy cream has reduced, add the cheeses in small amounts until all the cheese has melted. Then add all chopped vegetables and seasoning, simmer and serve. Note: Use 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack for dip and the other 1/2 to brown on top under broiler.

tigsmom

Nemo14 said:
Mad - you're making me hungry!

:lol:

Sorry. Every once in awhile I feel the need to wander thru some good recipes...guess I'm missing WDW. These are the latest I could find. Hope everyone enjoys them!

Nemo14

tigsmom said:
:lol:

Sorry. Every once in awhile I feel the need to wander thru some good recipes...guess I'm missing WDW. These are the latest I could find. Hope everyone enjoys them!

The artichoke spinach dip is very similar to the recipe I use. Always a hit at parties, but DH hates it. (all the more for me!)

Thessair

Thanks for the tip, Tigsmom! I emailed Guest Services for the pumpkin pie and sauerbraten recipes. I didn’t get the pie, but I did get the sauerbraten. It doesn’t seem to have been sized for normal portions, however. But here it is! :D

Sauerbraten Marinade​
Served at Biergarten Restuant, Germany Pavilion, Epcot​

Ingredients:
1 pound onions, peeled, diced
½ pound carrots
½ pounds celery, diced
1 ounce minced garlic
1 quart red wine vinegar
1 quart red wine, 3 liter bottles
½ ounce fresh thyme
3 each whole cloves
1 each bay leaves
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
10 pounds beef eye round

Method of preparation
1. Combine all of the ingredients except the beef.
2. Mix thoroughly.
3. Add the beef eye round, and let marinade for at least 4-5 days.

Sauerbraten Sauce​

Ingredients:
6 ounces ginger snap cookies
¼ cup tomato paste
8 ounces burgundy wine
64 ounces sauerbraten drippings
64 ounces demi-glaze
16 ounces sauerbraten marinade
8 ounces roux

Method of preparation
1. Heat sauerbraten drippings, sauerbraten marinade, and demi-glaze to a simmer.
2. Add the tomato paste.
3. Let simmer for about 30 minutes.
4. Mix together the ginger snap cookies and burgundy wine in a separate container.
5. Add this to the demi-glace mixture.
6. Let simmer for another 30 minutes.
7. If the sauce is too thin add enough roux to thicken.
8. Strain sauce.

Sauerbraten Cooking​

Method
1. Braise the marinated eye rounds of beef.
2. Sauté until all sides have been browned.
3. Place in a roasting pan. Place half sauerbraten marinade and half demi-glace in the pan to cover 3/4 of the browned eye rounds of beef.
4. Cover with foil.
5. Place in a 375 degree oven.
6. The sauerbraten can be removed from the oven when the meat is tender by the feel of a meat fork. Approximately 3-4 hours.

NOTE: Reserve the liquid that the eye rounds were cooked. This will be used for the sauerbraten sauce. Also the sauerbraten is best when the marinated eye rounds are cooked the day before. Slice the cooked sauerbraten, and place in a pan. Ladle the sauerbraten sauce over the cooked sauerbraten and reheat in a 350 degree oven for approximately 30-45 minutes.

tigsmom

Thessair said:
Thanks for the tip, Tigsmom! I emailed Guest Services for the pumpkin pie and sauerbraten recipes. I didn’t get the pie, but I did get the sauerbraten. It doesn’t seem to have been sized for normal portions, however. But here it is! :D

Nice job! :sohappy:

The recipe looks like it could easily be cut down though, good luck :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom