Recipe???

tigsmom

Broccoli Cranberry Salad
Cape May Cafe, Beach Club
Ingredients
4 cups broccoli flowerettes (chopped fine)
1/4 cup diced celery
1 8 oz. pkg. dried cranberries
1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cranberries, sunflower seeds and celery. Pour dressing over and toss. Keep refrigerated.

dandaman

I just went through most of these recipes... I'm hungry. :lol:

*Except for the salads, but I don't like them as it is. :lookaroun

1stStarIC2nite

tigsmom said:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Broccoli Cranberry Salad [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cape May Cafe, Beach Club

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ingredients

4 cups broccoli flowerettes (chopped fine)
1/4 cup diced celery
1 8 oz. pkg. dried cranberries
1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cranberries, sunflower seeds and celery. Pour dressing over and toss. Keep refrigerated.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

That sounds delicious!!! I definately want to try that!! :xmas: :wave:

beglluvr

Does anybody have the recipe for the bread pudding from 'Ohana? I would love to make it for Christmas Dessert and can't seem to find the recipe anywhere.

TIA!

tigsmom

Haven't had it yet, but this is what I found...

Bread Pudding
from the Polynesian
Serves 10
4 loaves bread, dry
4 cups half and half or milk
1 ½ cups sugar
1 stick butter or margerine, melted
2 teaspoons nutmeg
2 teaspoons, cinnamon
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
6 eggs beaten vanilla sauce
Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Tear bread into 2 inch pieces. In a large bowl, add half and half sugar, nutmeg sinnamon, vanilla and half the butter. Add eggs and mix well, add bread and allow to sit 5 minutes. Grease a 9x12x2 inch baking pan and add bread mixture. Dot top with remaining butter and bake for 1 hour. Let cool and serve with vanilla sauce

tigsmom

Maui Scalloped Potatoes
'Ohana , Polynesian
Ingredients
1 pound Russet potatoes (washed and sliced)
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup cheddar cheese
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet onions
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a greased baking pan. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Let stand five minutes before serving.

tigsmom

Quinoa Salad
Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 8 servings
1/8 cup Quinoa
1/16 cup Rice Vinegar
1/16 cup Lemon Juice
1/16 cup Water
1/16 cup Sugar
Dressing
1/16 cup Dijon Mustard
1/16 cup Rice Vinegar
1/16 cup Honey
1/16 cup Safflower Oil
1/4 Pear, julienned
1/18 pound Spinach, washed and cleaned
1. Place quinoa in the bowl and add water. Let soak for 30 seconds, drain, and set aside.
2. Make tart stock (vinegar, water, sugar, and lemon juice). Add quinoa. Cook/simmer until quinoa blooms. Drain the quinoa and place on a sheet pan. Let cool in the refrigerator.
3. To make the mustard dressing, combine mustard, honey, and rice vinegar. Whip together and add the oil in slowly. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Cut the pear into julienne strips. Wash spinach. Mix all the ingredients together - spinach, quinoa, pear, and dressing. Serve.

tigsmom

Fried Catfish
Garden Grill Restaurant-The Land,Epcot
Yield 6 portions
2 pounds catfish fillets about 1/2 inch thick
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 cups cornmeal
Canola Oil for frying
Trim the catfish of any skin or membrane. Mix the garlic, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over both sides of the fillets. Dredge the fillets in the cornmeal, pressing gently. Shake off the excess and set the fillets aside. Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over a medium heat until a little cracker meal sprinkle in the oil gives off a lively sizzle. Slip the fillets into the skillet and fry, turning once, until the fillets are cooked through and golden brown on both sides, about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels before serving.

tigsmom

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] School Bread

Kringla Bakery- Norway Pavilion, Epcot

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ingredients[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

2 pints water
3 ounces dry yeast
3 1/2 ounces sugar
2 1/2 ounces butter (melted)
1 teaspoon cardamom
2 pounds flour
1 whole egg
8 ounces shredded coconut
12 ounces vanilla custard
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Method

Heat water and butter to 95 degrees. Mix flour, sugar, cardamom, yeast, and egg together for five minutes until dough is stiff. Form it like a ball and place in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let proof for 45 minutes, or until dough has doubled in size. Roll the dough out like a sausage and cut into five ounce pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and put them on a non-stick sheet pan and let them proof for 30 minutes. Bake for 15 minutes in 375 degree oven. Let cool.

Mix powdered sugar and water (use small amounts until proper consistency is achieved) to make icing and place in shallow pan. Form hole in bread using finger. Dip bread in icing (hole side down) and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Using pastry bag, squeeze vanilla custard inside of hole and swirl at top for decoration.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vanilla Custard[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ingredients

1 2/3 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 egg yolks
1 tablespoon corn starch
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Method

In heavy saucepan bring milk to a boil. Set aside. In bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla until the mixture doubles by volume. Add the hot milk a few drops at a time to temper the eggs. Mix well after each addition. Place in metal mixing bowl and place over double boiler. Dissolve cornstarch in a little water and add in a thin stream while stirring constantly until it thickens to proper consistency. It must not boil. Cool by placing pan in ice bath.
[/FONT]

dandaman

tigsmom said:
Salads are good for you. :wave:

Mad, I'm 6'1", 125 pounds, and thin as a toothpick. I don't need any salads. :lookaroun

Eeeew, healthy food :p

Truth be told, though, I discovered Subway over the summer... I now go there every Saturday. :D

tigsmom

dandaman said:
Mad, I'm 6'1", 125 pounds, and thin as a toothpick. I don't need any salads. :lookaroun

Eeeew, healthy food :p

Truth be told, though, I discovered Subway over the summer... I now go there every Saturday. :D

Veggies are good for you! Have a salad everyday! :lol:

dandaman

Well, it's true!

If you could buy me either a Subway turkey ham 'n swiss on Italian Herbs & Cheese Bread, or some good fast food, it'd be much appreciated. ;)

tigsmom

From today's Orlando Sentinal...

Disney's Flying Fish Cafe's Crab Cakes

Yield: 28 small crab cakes.

6 cups soft fresh bread crumbs, divided

1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over

1/2 cup each, finely chopped: red onion,

red and green bell peppers, green onions

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1 poblano chili seeded, and minced

4 large egg yolks

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

1 3/4 teaspoons salt, or to taste

1 1/4 teaspoons ground pepper, or to taste

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste

1 cup all-purpose flour

5 large eggs

1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying

Chili remoulade

2 teaspoons each: ancho chili powder and

water

1 1/2 cups mayonnaise

1/4 cup each: finely chopped red onion

and dill pickles

2 tablespoons each: drained and chopped capers, finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped fresh tarragon, snipped fresh chives and lemon juice

1/4 teaspoon each: salt and cayenne pepper, or to taste

1. For the chili remoulade, combine chili powder with water and let stand for 10 minutes. Combine chili mixture with mayonnaise, onion, pickles, capers, parsley, tarragon, chives, lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper. Cover and chill.

2. For cakes, stir 2 cups crumbs, crab, onions, bell peppers, mayonnaise, chili, yolks, lemon juice, parsley, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper and cayenne pepper.

3. Form 28 crab cakes, using about 2 tablespoons crab mixture for each and shaping to about 11/2 inches in diameter.

4. On plate, stir flour and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. In shallow bowl, with fork, lightly beat eggs. Place remaining bread crumbs on plate. Dip each crab cake into flour, shaking off excess, then into egg, shaking off excess, and finally into bread crumbs, shaking off excess. Place cakes on wire rack.

5. In skillet, heat 1/4 cup oil over medium-high heat. Fry cakes, in batches, cooking 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden and crisp. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; keep warm. Add more oil as necessary. Serve with remoulade.

shoppingnut

Why is it that they must always ruin a perfectly good food item by putting peppers in it. If it weren't for the peppers, those crab cakes would be great.

Vernonpush

tigsmom said:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Quinoa Salad

Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yield: 8 servings[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ingredients[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/8 cup Quinoa

I had a few meals at Boma and ate many different things. What is/are Quinoa? I probably ate this ( and probably like it), but I didn't know exactly what it was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom