Recipe???

Weather_Lady

It seemed to be the one that came with all the QS meals.
Google turns up a lot of requests for the Disneyland cole slaw recipe. Don't know if it's the same at WDW, but FWIW...

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Here's the recipe for Apple Pie from the Whispering Canyon Café at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Recipe Summary​

Hands-On:
45 mins
Total:
1 hr 45 mins
Yield:
Makes one 9-inch pie.

Ingredients​

Pie Crust
  • 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces

• 1/4 cup shortening

• 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

• 4 teaspoons sugar

• 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt

• 1/3 cup 2% milk
Apples
  • 1 cup water

• 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced

• 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
Apple Pie Batter
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened

• 2/3 cup sugar

• 2 eggs

• 1 1/2 cups flour

• 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

• 1/8 teaspoon salt

• 1/4 cup heavy cream

Directions
Instructions Checklist
  • Step 1
    FOR PIE CRUST: 1. Combine butter, shortening, flour, sugar, and salt in bowl of electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix at medium speed until crumbly.2. Add milk and mix until incorporated.3. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes.4. Roll to 1/4-inch thickness and place in 9-inch pie plate.5. Set aside
  • Step 2
    FOR APPLES:1. Bring water to simmer in large pot.2. Place apples in a steamer basket and add to pot. Steam for 10 minutes. Remove from water.3. Cool to room temperature and toss with apple pie spice.
  • Step 3
    FOR APPLE PIE BATTER:1. Cream butter and sugar in bowl of stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until fluffy. Add eggs and mix until just incorporated.2. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in small bowl. Slowly add to mixer and beat on medium speed until combined.3. Add cream and mix until smooth.4. Set aside until ready to bake.
  • Step 4
    FOR APPLE PIE:1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 1/2 cup apple pie batter on top of pie crust, spread until smooth. Top with apples and remaining apple pie batter.2. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake 20 more minutes, until golden brown.3. Cool to room temperature before serving. If desired, top pie with sliced almonds and dust with confectioners' sugar once cooled.

DisneyfanMA

My family bought this way back in ~1990 on my only trip as a kid.

Recently found it and my own kids are making the chocolate mousse this weekend for some fun as we anticipate for our trip next week.
20221029_095400.jpg
20221029_095431.jpg
20221029_095442.jpg
20221029_095436.jpg
20221029_095414.jpg

Phonedave

Does anybody have the recipe for the new(er) chicken dish at Chefs de France. The half chicken with tomato/vinegar sauce

Poulet Fermier rôti à la Lyonnaise, purée de pommes de terre — Half all natural rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, tomato vinegar sauce.

I can't locate it.

Thanks

Bocabear

Does anybody have the recipe for the new(er) chicken dish at Chefs de France. The half chicken with tomato/vinegar sauce

Poulet Fermier rôti à la Lyonnaise, purée de pommes de terre — Half all natural rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, tomato vinegar sauce.

I can't locate it.

Thanks
I saw this online...looks very similar...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom