Recipe???

Lhriangel

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but it is a little known fact that if you want a recipe from disney you can email guest relations and they can get it for you. :-D I've gotten many recipes this way. (Or you could ask me to get them for you on one of my off days and I'll pick it up.) Where is the Sticky Mickey's recipe from?

DarkImage4

Sticky Mickeys are from the Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary.

You'll be my new idol if you can get that one....the sauce is heaven:slurp: !

Lhriangel

I'll try, I'll just go by the contem on one of my days off this week :-D.

(Have you ever had the scones at tea at the Floridian? or had the Banana Bread at the Ohanas? I have the recipes for both)

tigsmom

Originally posted by DarkImage4
I e-mailed the food editor from the Orlando Sentinal for the one recipe that I couldn't find ANYWHERE on the net, STICKY MICKEYS. I received word that she's getting the recipe and it'll be published on June 9 in "Good Eating"

I can't wait....:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

She is very good & has a sense of humor, too. I asked for 2 recipes in one day...she emaild me back "boy, you're on a roll!!!.
Don't forget to go thru the archive there. There are alot of good recipes and not only from WDW.

tigsmom

Originally posted by Angelique
I'll try, I'll just go by the contem on one of my days off this week :-D.

(Have you ever had the scones at tea at the Floridian? or had the Banana Bread at the Ohanas? I have the recipes for both)

Please feel free to post any recipe you come across. There are alot of nice ones here already. I'll pm the master list to you.
If anyone has a request please list it. :wave:

tigsmom

Originally posted by DarkImage4
And can I be put on your recipe PM list tigsmom?

I'll share the Sticky Mickey recipe as soon as I get it.....

Sent a copy of the list. I'll update as we go along. :wave:

DarkImage4

Le Cellier's Creme Brulee

(just found this from my 2001 honeymoon, copied directly from the papers we got from the resaurant)

2 1/4 pound - heavy cream
5 1/8 ounces - whole milk
5 1/8 ounces - granulated sugar
7 2/3 ounces - egg yolks
1 each - vanilla bean

Preparation method

Heat heavy cream, whoile milk and granulated sugar over double boiler until sugar is dissolved (100F). DO NOT WHIP. Stir only

Place in a large mixing bowl. Slowly add 1/3 cream mixture to egg yolks, stirring to temper egg yolks.

Add remaining cream mixture. Stir to blend well.

Add vanilla to previous mixture.

Strain mixture through fine mesh strainer.

Pour mixture into serving dishes that have been placed on two flat sheet pans.

Put 1 1/2 quarts of water in the bottom of each sheet pan.

Then Bake. 300F - (recipe gves no baking time)

ORinto small z-stem glasses, cover each with plastic wrap, and steam for 10 - 12 minutes until done.

Makes 8 servings

DarkImage4

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup

1 lb - cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 lb - bacon
4 strips - smoked bacon, applewood
10 tbsp - butter
5 cups - milk - warmed
1 cup - celery - finely chopped
1 length - leeks - finely chopped
2 each - red onion - finely chopped
1 1/2 cups - flour
1 qt - chicken stock
1 1/2 tsp tobasco sauce
3 tsp - worcestershire sauce
to taste - black pepper, freshly ground
to taste - Kosher salt
1 botlle (12 oz) - slightly warm ale

METHOD

1. Slowly heat milk

2. Brown the bacon first (seperately from the smoked bacon), then after it's rendered, add the smoked bacon and render together.

3. Add the butter and melt.

4. Add celery, onions and leeks, cook until translucent.

5. Add flour and mix thoroughly to form a roux.

6. Add chicken stock and simmer for 3 minutes.

7. Add warm milk and stir vogorously to thinken.

8. Cook out roux until thickened (it should not have a starchy taste.)

9. Reduce heat to low, add cheese and stir until melted.

10. Season with Kosher salt, pepper, tabasco and worcestershire sauce.

11. Just prior to serve, add warm ale.

NOTE: When re-heating soup, do not bring to a boil, as it will break down.

Makes 1 gallon.

tigsmom

Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza
(Planet Hollywood, Downtown Disney)

2 chicken
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 small onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Refrigerated pizza dough
1/2 head romaine lettuce, shredded
2 tomatoes, diced
Prepared Caesar salad dressing
Croutons (optional)

Cook chicken and chop into 1-inch pieces. Over medium heat, combine garlic, onion and red bell pepper with 2 tablespoons Caesar salad dressing and cook until vegetables are tender; add chicken pieces and continue cooking for another minute.

Roll out pizza dough to cover pizza stone and create a ridge around the edge. Brush pizza dough lightly with salad dressing. Spread chicken and vegetables on dough. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden.

While pizza is baking, chop lettuce and tomato and toss with salad dressing to taste. When pizza comes out of oven, place salad on top of pizza and garnish with croutons if desired.

tigsmom

Honey Lime Dressing
('Ohana, Polynesian)

1/2 cup honey
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup diced white onion
1 cup canola oil

Place all ingredients except oil in food processor and blend until smooth. Slowly add oil until it is well incorporated into dressing.

Debbie

Tigsmom, what type of rice would you think the Pollo a Las Rajas is served on? I'm thinking maybe yellow? or parboiled white?

tigsmom

Originally posted by Debbie
Tigsmom, what type of rice would you think the Pollo a Las Rajas is served on? I'm thinking maybe yellow? or parboiled white?

I would probably go for yellow , but white would work well, too. Just don't over cook it.

Kellylynn322

Hello ev1. I was in WDW last week (not happy to be home), and fell in love with the Cheesy Potatoes at Crystal Palace for breakfast. I was trying to explain them to my husband and would love to make them. Anyone know the recipe????????

This is a great thread.........Makes me "home" sick for Disney.

tigsmom

I've never eaten at the Crystal Palace. Can you describe them for me? I have recipes for cheesy potatoes from other places (no Crystal Palace listed.)

jodiey

Does anyone know the recipe for any of the cookies (especially the chocolate peanut butter ones) from the Gourmet Pantry?

Kellylynn322

Originally posted by tigsmom
I've never eaten at the Crystal Palace. Can you describe them for me? I have recipes for cheesy potatoes from other places (no Crystal Palace listed.)

They are shredded potatoes and some sort of cheesy cream sauce and cheese on top.

I have the ones from the castle breakfast and they are not the same, and they are different from Restaurantasurus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom