Recipe???

tigsmom

Haven't been able to find that on..yet. :(
Maybe a call or note to the Poly can get it for us.

ps...just a a brainstorm. I'll contact the Orlando Sentinal & ask for the recipe. They run a feature on Recipes in the Lifestyle section. :wave:

Done.. I did find a recipe for dinner bread from the poly, but its banana not pineapple.

tigsmom

FIRST RECIPE FROM THE POP CENTURY

Buttermilk Fried Chicken
from Food Court, Pop Century

2 pounds chicken pieces (, legs and thighs)
3 cups buttermilk
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 eggs, beaten
3 cups all-purpose flour
4 cups vegetable shortening, for frying

1. Place the chicken pieces in a shallow container skin side down and pour in buttermilk. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight, if possible.

2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

3. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk and season both sides with salt and pepper.

4. Place the beaten eggs and flour in separate shallow bowls. Dredge the chicken pieces first in the flour, then the egg, and then the flour again.

5. In a 12-inch sauté pan with deep sides, melt enough shortening so that it is 2 inches deep and heat the pan until the oil begins to smoke.

6. Fry the chicken for 2 minutes on each side, until the skin is golden brown. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake the chicken for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.

tigsmom

Came across this while doing a search for another request. I have never had a DoleWhip (I know :eek: ) so I'm not sure if its authentic. Can anyone let us know? Thanks.

Disney Dole Whip

Pineapple 'dole" whips

Prep: 10 min.

Freeze: 3 hrs.

Makes: 8 servings

2 cans (20 oz. each) DOLE Crushed Pineapple

2 tablespoons lemon juice

2 tablespoons lime juice

1/3 cup sugar

1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, mini marshmallow or mini chocolate chips, (optional)

1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped

Drain pineapple; reserve 2 tablespoons juice. Set aside.

Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender or food processor container. Cover; blend until smooth. Stir in cherries or marshmallow or chips, if desired.

Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags. Store bags flat in freezer. Freeze about 1-1/2 hours or until slushy.

Stir gently pineapple slush into whipped cream until just blended, in large bowl. Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour. Serve.

Irrawaddy Erik

So I just finished it and I'm typing this with a nice warm bowl of Coconut Curried Chicken Stew and it is SOOOOOOO good

Here is a pic :lol:

tigsmom

Originally posted by MouseMadness
Okay, how about Pinapple bread from the Poly? :)

I contacted the Orlando Sentinal and asked for a few recipes...they seem to have great luck at getting them. Got an answer today...we are on the list. :wave:

ogryn

Originally posted by tigsmom
I contacted the Orlando Sentinal and asked for a few recipes...they seem to have great luck at getting them. Got an answer today...we are on the list. :wave:

I second the Pineapple Bread. Its Scrummy. I've been looking for ages for a reciepe for that :)

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by tztowerofterror
does anyone know the recipe for african smooth from the AKL? i lived off that stuff when i went in dec. OH IT'S SOOOO GOOD!!!
This one?

Frunch
(Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge)

Yield: 12 servings (1 gallon)

1 x 8 ounce can Lemon juice, frozen and canned
1 x 8 ounce can Pineapple juice, frozen and canned
1 x 8 ounce can Orange juice, frozen concentrate and canned
12 ounces Mango juice
6 ounces Grenadine

Follow the package instructions on the frozen juice containers.
Mix in a large bowl.
Add the mango juice and grenadine.
Mix well and server over ice in a tall glass.

tigsmom

Well I just got an email from the columnist from the Orlando Sentinal...Pineapple bread from the Poly is a no go.

If anyone is going to be eating at the Poly soon could you try to twist (gently of course) the chef's arm? :wave:

ogryn

Well I just got an email from the columnist from the Orlando Sentinal...Pineapple bread from the Poly is a no go.

If anyone is going to be eating at the Poly soon could you try to twist (gently of course) the chef's arm? :wave:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Irrawaddy Erik

I'll make a few calls around....If I cannot find it then I will get it this summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom