(Reserve half for topping later)
8 ounces Shredded Jarlsberg Cheese
13 ounces Béchamel Sauce
8 ounces Sour Cream
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
5 ounces Milk

Method:

In mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix well by hand. Place in greased casserole or non-stick pan. Sprinkle with reserved cheese on top. Cover with waxed paper and then aluminum foil. Bake in 350-degree oven for approximately 40 minutes. Remove foil and paper for last 10 minutes to brown top if desired.

tigsmom

Made the banana bread & it came out pretty well. One word of caution though...cut back on the salt, I think 1 Tbs is waaay too much. Going to change it to 1/4 Tsp as that is the amount in most recipes I've seen. :wave:

MouseMadness

And I just made the Pollo a la Rajas (sp?) :slurp: It's goood. The only trouble I had was getting the skin off the Poblano chile. I've seen people roast them to get the skins off, too, I may try that next time.

tigsmom

Originally posted by MouseMadness
. The only trouble I had was getting the skin off the Poblano chile. I've seen people roast them to get the skins off, too, I may try that next time.

If you have a gas range just hold the pepper over the flame until it chars. Put it in a bag for a few minutes to steam & the skin will rub right off.

tigsmom

OK, here we go again. Just back from vacation & back on my diet, so you know I'm craving Disney food. :D

Flourless Mocha Torte
from Grand Floridian

1 cup semisweet chocolate (or an 8-ounce block)
2 tablespoons brewed coffee
4 eggs
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
½ cup heavy cream, whipped

serves 6

Preheat oven to 225°. In a double boiler, melt chocolate and coffee together, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.

In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, egg yolks, & sugar. Place mixture over low heat in the top of a double boiler and whisk to dissolve sugar. (Do not cook the eggs!) Return the mixture to the bowl and whip with an electric mixer until stiff ribbons form (this can take 30 minutes). Fold one third of the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture, then another third, then the last third. Finally, fold in the whipped cream a third at a time. Bake in greased Teflon molds or a greased torte pan for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

tigsmom

Seafood Gumbo, Boma Animal Kingdom Lodge

Yield: 8 servings

Ingredients:

2 cups Clam Juice
2 cups #10 Diced Tomatoes, drain half
1 cup Fish Stock (made from 1 cup water and 2 t. fish base)
½ cup Onions, diced
½ cup Celery, diced
¼ cup Red Bell Peppers, diced
¼ cup Green Bell Peppers, diced
¼ cup Okra, diced
2 cups Shrimp (31/35), peeled and deveined
2 cups Scallops (81/85), diced
½ cup Sausage (spiced), diced
½ teaspoon Oregano, chopped
½ teaspoon Basil Leaves, chopped
½ teaspoon Granulated Garlic
½ teaspoon Thyme, chopped fine
1 each Bay Leaf
½ teaspoon Gumbo File
Cayenne Pepper to taste
Roux (1/3 cup butter and 2/3 cup flour)

Method:

1. Make a brown roux (toast flour until a dark color.)

2. Add clam juice, tomatoes, fish stock, and all the spices. Let simmer until thick and hot.

3. Add vegetables and continue to simmer until vegetables are half done.

4. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until seafood is done. (Do not overcook the seafood.)

sarajo

Tigsmom... I noticed that nobody ever answered your question about the grapefruit cake at Brown Derby. I have it every time we go there (along with the Cobb salad- ummm yummy!). I really like the grapefruit cake, although it is a different taste- kind of tangy (my husband doesn't like it). I think I've seen the recipe for it on another website. I'll see if I can locate the link to that site.

sarajo

Hollywood Grapefruit Cake

1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs (separated)
3 tbsp. grapefruit juice
1/2 tsp. grated lemon rind
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into mixing bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add water, oil, egg yolks, grapefruit juice and lemon rind. Beat until smooth. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar separately until whites are stiff but not dry. Gradually fold the whites into the cake batter, folding gently with a rubber spatula until just blended. Do not stir the mixture. Pour into an ungreased 10-inch cake pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cake springs back in the center when touched lightly. Place the pan on cake rack until cool. Run spatula around edge of cake. Carefully remove from pan. With a serrated knife, gently cut into two layers. After cutting the cake in two, slide a flat cookie sheet between the layers to lift the top one off; after frosting the bottom layer, simply slide the top back on.

GRAPEFRUIT CREAM-CHEESE FROSTING
2 6-oz. pkgs. cream cheese
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
3/4 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
6 to 8 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
1 1-lb. can grapefruit sections, well-drained, reserving 2 tbsp. of juice; or 3 fresh grapefruits, peeled, sectioned, and drained, reserving 2 tbsp. of fresh juice.

Let cream cheese soften at room temperature, then beat until fluffy. Add lemon juice and rind. Gradually blend in sugar and beat until well-blended. Add food coloring, if desired. Add reserved 2 tablespoons of grapefruit juice and blend. Divide the frosting evenly into two bowls. Roughly chop 2/3 of the grapefruit sections and add them to half the frosting. Spread this mixture on the bottom layer of the cake. Top with the second layer of cake, and frost the top and sides with the remaining frosting. Garnish each portion with a grapefruit slice. Serves six.

found this on the Family Fun website under Disney recipes.

tigsmom

Sounds good. :slurp: I've always been afraid to try it because I was never a grapefruit lover, though now I'm reformed. :lol:
Its on my list to do. :sohappy:

Pixmel

Restaurant Marrakesh recipes

I would love to have the recipes for the Combination Appetizer that they serve at the Restaurant Marrakesh in Morrocco. I love to go and just order the appetizer combo for my main meal!

The 3 things are the Beef Brewat, Chicken Bastilla and the Jasmina Salad.

If anybody has these recipes, it would be very much appreciated.

tigsmom

Beef Brewat Rolls, Marrakesh, Morrocco

1 pound ground beef
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 ounce chopped coriander
1 ounce chopped parsley

Mix above ingredients and brown. Add:

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch ginger
1 pinch saffron
1 teaspon salt
2 eggs, whipped
1 ounce peanut oil

Add to beef and herb mixture, cook fully, then cool.

Wrap 1 ounce of meat mixture in a bastilla leaf (similar to a phyllo pastry sheet, found in Middle Eastern grocery stores). Deep fry rolls. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon.

tigsmom

Jasmina Salad, Restaurant Marrakesh, Morrocco

Serves 4

2 fresh medium tomatoes

1 medium cucumber

1/3 cup onion, finely chopped

¼ bunch parsley, finely chopped

coriander, finely chopped

pinch ground cumin

salt and white pepper to taste

2 tbsp fresh lemon juice

2 tbsp salad oil

12 grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast (chicken is optional)

Method:

1. Mix all the ingredients except the tomatoes, cucumbers and chicken .

2. Cut and dice the tomatoes into small cubes. Peel and seed the cucumber, then dice into approximate size of tomato cubes.

3. Place cubed tomatoes and cucumbers in a dish and spread the other mixed ingredients over them. Refrigerate for 1 hour or more before serving.

4. To serve, place a leaf of lettuce on a plate and arrange a serving of the salad. Place 3 grilled chicken on top of salad for each serving.

Marinade and seasoning for chicken breast:

Season to taste with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic.

tigsmom

Re: Restaurant Marrakesh recipes

Originally posted by Pixmel
I would love to have the recipes for the Combination Appetizer that they serve at the Restaurant Marrakesh in Morrocco. I love to go and just order the appetizer combo for my main meal!

The 3 things are the Beef Brewat, Chicken Bastilla and the Jasmina Salad.

If anybody has these recipes, it would be very much appreciated.

Couldn't find one for WDW's Chicken Bastilla, but there are plenty on the net. I haven't had it so I don't know if the recipes are close to what is served at Marrakesh. Hope you enjoy the others. :wave:

tigsmom

Mother's Day is just around the corner, wouldn't this be a nice treat for mom?

Rice Cream

Akershus Restaurant
Epcot
YIELD: 10 servings

Ingredients:

1 pound short-grain white rice (not instant)
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups water
4 cups milk

2 cups heavy cream
4 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Strawberry sauce:

2 cups strawberry preserves
1 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Method:

1. Cook rice with water and salt for 15 minutes, covered. Add milk and cook for 30 minutes or until rice is tender and the mixture is thick. Chill rice in the refrigerator.

2. Whip cream and sugar and vanilla. Gently fold whipped cream into chilled rice. Set aside in refrigerator.

3. Place sauce ingredients in the work bowl of a blender. Mix until combined.

4. Spoon rice mixture into serving cups. Garnish with strawberry sauce.

tigsmom

I've never tried it either, but thats what it looks like. And the recipe is very similar to the one my mom always made. :slurp:

EpcotGrl

This thread is great! LOL, now if only I could find all those ingredients ;) I'm looking for a recipe for the potato salad from the Norwegian restaurant at Epcot...a friend absolutely loves it and I'd like to make it for her birthday :) Thanks in advance :sohappy:

tigsmom

Originally posted by EpcotGrl
This thread is great! LOL, now if only I could find all those ingredients ;) I'm looking for a recipe for the potato salad from the Norwegian restaurant at Epcot...a friend absolutely loves it and I'd like to make it for her birthday :) Thanks in advance :sohappy:

Found the breakfast potatoes recipe, but not potato salad. Anyone out there have it?

tigsmom

Originally posted by Irrawaddy Erik
I know I'm heading down in a few days but does anyone have the flat bread recipe from Boma????

Got the basic & olive ones from Jiko. I'll keep looking.

edit. Found Chipotle Flatbread from AKL.

What flavor is the flatbread you are looking for?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom