Recipe???

MouseMadness

Originally posted by tigsmom
Well I just got an email from the columnist from the Orlando Sentinal...Pineapple bread from the Poly is a no go.

Denied!? :cry: Man, that's harsh. Here's hoping some arms are successfully twisted. :)

tigsmom

I was just looking for something new to add and reviewed all the recipes given. I made a master list if anyone is interested (just PM me). :wave:

Gourmet Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies

from Main Street Bakery, Magic Kingdom

1 cup Butter
1 tablespoon Brown sugar
1 cup Sugar
2 large Eggs
¼ teaspoon Vanilla
¼ cup Cocoa powder
1 ½ cups Flour
¼ teaspoon Baking soda
¼ teaspoon Salt
18 oz Semisweet chocolate chunks

Preheat oven 375 F. Cream butter, sugars, vanilla, and cocoa powder. Stir in remaining ingredients and blend well. Refrigerate 30 mins. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet about 2" apart. Bake until cookies are set, 5-8 mins. Cool slightly and remove from pan. When making large cookies, press down slightly on cookie dough to help cook more evenly. Bake slightly longer, 8-10 mins.

Frunch

Boma
Animal Kingdom Lodge

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups mango juice
1/2 cup pineapple concentrate, thawed
1/2 cup lemonade concentrate, thawed
2 cups fresh orange juice
3 cups water
4 Tablespoons grenadine

Method:

Mix all ingredients together. Serve over ice in a tall glass. Serves 8.

Debbie

Mary and I have been craving Pollo a las Rajas from San Angel since we went in December. Can anyone help us out? I would experiment but Mary and I both agree it's the sauce that makes this dish special.

MouseMadness

Originally posted by Debbie
Mary and I have been craving Pollo a las Rajas from San Angel since we went in December. Can anyone help us out? I would experiment but Mary and I both agree it's the sauce that makes this dish special.

I'll have to try that sometime. I tried the Mole Poblano (sp?) because I wanted to know what all the to do about mole is. I was left kinda unimpressed... needed to be spicier for me, I think.

tigsmom

Originally posted by Debbie

Ask and you shall receive (most of the time. :lol: )

Pollo A Las Rajas from San Angel Inn Restaurante at Epcot's Mexican Pavilion

Yield: 4 servings.

4 chicken breast halves

1 cup of chorizo, casing removed and diced

1 large red bell pepper

1 large Spanish onion

1 large poblano chili

1 garlic clove, chopped

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

5 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 cup sour cream

1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded

1/2 cup half-and-half cream

1. Season the chicken breast halves with garlic, salt, and black pepper. Place the chicken breast halves in a roasting pan (uncovered) and cook in the oven at 350{degree} F for 20 minutes or until cooked.

2. In a saucepan heat 2 tablespoons of oil and lightly sauté poblano pepper until skin starts separating. Peel skin from poblano pepper. Make a slit and remove all the seeds. Slice onion, bell pepper, and poblano pepper into strips.

3. In a heavy skillet heat remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, and add chorizo, garlic, onion, and peppers. Cook over medium high heat stirring occasionally until onions and peppers are soft.

4. Add sour cream, half-and-half, black pepper and salt and simmer for three minutes.

5. On ovenproof serving dishes, place 3/4 cup of vegetable mixture. Top with roasted chicken breast. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese on each serving plate. Broil until cheese melts and turns golden. Serve.

Nutrition information per serving
Calories631Fat47 g (23 sat.)Carbohydrate10 gCholesterol164 mgSodium643 mgProtein42 g

tigsmom

:wave: Thanks guys.... there are many websites for WDW/DL recipes. These are my favorites:

http://allearsnet.com/din/rec.htm
http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/recipes.html
http://www.homestead.com/disneyrecipes/index4.html
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/food/orl-chapman,0,120801.columnist

And as far as the fat..... chorizo, sour cream, half & half, Monteray Jack cheese. :slurp: I suppose you could use low fat versions of most of these. Thats how I make my cheesecakes now & you would never know the difference. :D

tigsmom

Originally posted by MouseMadness
I think I'll try the chicken tonight, actually. Is a spanish onion a red onion?

Nope. A Spanish onion is a large, mild flavored yellow onion. (they can weigh up to 2 lbs.) Think large onion slice on a burger...about that size.

Debbie

Ask and you shall receive (most of the time. :lol: )

Thank you so much! One more question: what kind of rice was this served with? We were thinking yellow rice? It was dark and I am getting the dreaded 40 year old 'I can't see a thing up close'

Nutrition information per serving
Calories631Fat47 g (23 sat.)Carbohydrate10 gCholesterol164 mgSodium643 mgProtein42 g

Funny, I lost 5 pounds while I was there!

tigsmom

I always lose weight at WDW. Its all that walking. I eat more there than any other time & I have never gained weight.
Ah...the magic that is Disney. :D

guwag

Originally posted by Irrawaddy Erik
I've had three and they are SOME good. :slurp: :slurp: The recipe makes alot of cookies too.

Damn, a man apart from myself that likes to bake things - I'll be there in 25 hours :lol:

DarkImage4

I e-mailed the food editor from the Orlando Sentinal for the one recipe that I couldn't find ANYWHERE on the net, STICKY MICKEYS. I received word that she's getting the recipe and it'll be published on June 9 in "Good Eating"

I can't wait....:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

DarkImage4

Haven't been able to find that on..yet. :(
Maybe a call or note to the Poly can get it for us.

ps...just a a brainstorm. I'll contact the Orlando Sentinal & ask for the recipe. They run a feature on Recipes in the Lifestyle section. :wave:

Done.. I did find a recipe for dinner bread from the poly, but its banana not pineapple.

Ooh, ooh......I'd love the banana bread recipe....

And can I be put on your recipe PM list tigsmom?

I'll share the Sticky Mickey recipe as soon as I get it.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom