Recipe???

dvcnut39

I'm looking for the wasabi slaw recipe from Le Cellier. Any help would be much appreciated.

BTW, just made the beef barley soup from Le Cellier and it was great!

tigsmom

I'll give that a try. How much water are we talking?

Some people put the cake pan inside a larger pan and fill about 1/3 the way up (seal the bottom of the cake pan with foil), others just put a pan of water in the bottom of the oven.

I'm looking for the wasabi slaw recipe from Le Cellier. Any help would be much appreciated.

I haven't seen it, but maybe somebody else has it. You can write and request the recipe, but some are 'secrets" and not shared.
If you decide to ask for it and get a reply please post and let us know. Thanks.

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

EvilQueen-T

waiting & hoping

I had these wonderful little appetizers of phyllo with a mushroom stuffing/mixture at the GF concierge lounge in the main building the last time we were there. They tasted great and look nice and shouldn't be that difficult to make. I've contacted them and have already had an initial reply stating they are checking to see if it can be released etc... will post if I get it. Happy 4th to all.

tigsmom

I had these wonderful little appetizers of phyllo with a mushroom stuffing/mixture at the GF concierge lounge in the main building the last time we were there. They tasted great and look nice and shouldn't be that difficult to make. I've contacted them and have already had an initial reply stating they are checking to see if it can be released etc... will post if I get it. Happy 4th to all.

Those sound yummy, hope they send the recipe. :)

Tatania

I've got the Sopa de Elote from San Angel Inn cooking now. I think this is one of those recipes that leaves critical info out. You have to roast the poblano peppers to peel them. Plus, it doesn't say anything about cooking the onions before you add them. I did that a while ago and they have progressed in cooking at all. And I don't remember crunchy onions in the soup when I had it.

It may come out better, but I think I busted on this one. If it doesn't come out, I'll try again since I know (I think) what the problem is.

Thanks for the review of this. I've added your notes to my recipe files. I was thinking that when you add the garlic and onions to the melted butter could you cook them a little before adding the half and half? Is this what you tried when you remiade it?

The Tie-dye cheescake looks amazing! I've always wanted to try it but the haven't had a good occasion yet to do it.

I tried 3 salads recently and all were delicious. I made the Buccaneer's Sun-Ripened Pineapple (recipe below) though I simplified it by making a fruit salad from the pineapple and bananas and a dressing with the sugar, rum, OJ and mango puree (desiccated coconut wasn't available in Guyana were I was staying when I made it). It was delicious and a huge hit with all who tried it. Of course, it helps to have very sweet pineapples straight from the field. Few things taste as good as a sun-ripened pineapple.

The Mediterranean Salad and the Ghana Roast Chicken Salad are very good summer salads and were popular with my teenage son (always a good sign).

Buccaneer's Sun-Ripened Pineapple
Pirates IN the Caribbean Dinner, Disney Cruise Line

1 Pineapple cut into 8's
4 Bananas peeled
1/4 lb Dessicated Coconut
6 oz Egg white
2 oz Caster Sugar
20 cl (a little over ¾ cup) Orange juice (from concentrate)
20 cl (a little over ¾ cup) Mango puree
1 oz Rum

Remove the flesh of the pineapple from the skin-and cut horizontally into 8 and arrange on skin. Reserve the leave for the decoration. Make a meringue with half of the sugar and egg white. Make a syrup with the rum, remaining sugar, orange juice and mango puree. Roast the coconut. Dip the banana into the egg white then the roasted coconut, place on silicon paper.

[/FONT]

Mediterranean Salad

Hollywood & Vine, Disney-MGM Studios

1 C. cabbage, shredded
1 C. fresh spinach leaves
1 C. tomatoes, chopped
1/2 C. red onions, chopped
1/2 C. Feta cheese, diced
1/2 C. banana peppers, sliced
1/2 C. Kalamata olives
1/2 C. Balsamic vinaigrette
Salt and pepper to taste

Toss all ingredients with 1/2 C. of Balsamic vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper.

Ghana Roast Chicken Salad
Boma, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yields 6 servings

½ cup Apple, diced
½ cup Red onion, diced
½ cup Celery, diced
½ cup Red bell pepper, diced
½ cup Poblano pepper, roasted, diced
1/4 cup Honey roasted peanuts
½ pound Cooked chicken, diced
1 cup Mayonnaise
1/16 cup Cinnamon
1/16 cup Cumin
1/16 cup Nutmeg
1/16 cup Red crushed pepper
½ cup Raisins, seedless

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and let set for at least one hour.

Kerby626

I'll give that a try. How much water are we talking?

Sorry jsut now seeing this. I will usually do a cake pan size about half full of water in their. If I need more I will just add it through out the cooking time. You can also do what Tigsmom suggested and put the cheesecake in pan with foil over the bottom and fill about 1/3 up with water as well. I just prefer to do it the first way that way no water seeps in to the cheesecake

Tatania

Asian Shrimp Cocktail with Wasabi Slaw

Tatania, I sooo want to come to your house for lunch/dinner. :lol:

Anytime you're in the Vancouver area let me know and you're ore than welcome :)

Asian Shrimp Cocktail with Wasabi Slaw
from Le Cellier Steakhouse, Canada, Epcot
Yield: 6 servings.

1 medium peeled carrot, julienned
1/2 of a red onion, julienned
1/2 cup julienned Napa cabbage
1/2 of a red bell pepper, julienned
1 tsp freshly chopped cilantro, plus 6 whole stems for garnish
1 1/2 lbs. poached shrimp (see note)
1/4 cup horseradish chili sauce (see note)
3 Tblsp Wasabi dressing (see note)
Kosher salt to taste
Finely ground black pepper to taste
6 (16-oz.) Asian style to-go boxes

1. Combine carrots, onions, cabbage, bell pepper, chopped cilantro, salt, pepper and 3 tablespoons Wasabi dressing in a bowl. Toss until all vegetables are coated with dressing.
2. Mix shrimp and half of horseradish chili sauce.
3. Divide Wasabi slaw among boxes. Lean boxes on sides onto plates. Divide shrimp to place over slaw. Spoon remaining chili sauce on plates. Drape box with a whole cilantro stem.

Wasabi dressing: Dissolve 1 tablespoon sugar in 1/4 cup rice-wine vinegar. Mix in 11/2 tablespoons dry wasabi powder until mixture becomes a thick paste. Whisk in 2/3 cup mayonnaise until smooth. There should be no lumps. Season with salt and pepper.

Horseradish chili sauce: Mix 2/3 cup cold ketchup, 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, 4 drops Tabasco, 4 drops Worcestershire and juice of 1/4 of a lemon. Season with salt, pepper. Mix 2/3 cup of ketchup mixture with 2/3 cup Asian chili sauce. Season with salt, pepper.

Poached shrimp: Mix 1 gallon water, 2 tablespoons Kosher salt, 2 tablespoons Tabasco and juice of 2 lemons in pot. Place 1 teaspoon each crushed red pepper flakes and black peppercorns in coffee filter. Tie with string to secure. Add to water. Boil. Add 11/2 pounds peeled, deveined (tail-off) shrimp (48-52 count). Cook 5-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and curl tightly. Remove shrimp. Chill in freezer until cold. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

EvilQueen-T

since your going soon...

Nick A... if you think about it and have something great while your at WDW later this month make sure to ask the resturant for the recipe and post it for those of us who are pixie dust starved and slaving away at work... lol. please pretty please....:hammer:

tigsmom

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone have the recipe for the absolutely decadent Tonga Toast you can get at the Poly's Kona Cafe?

EDIT: Nevermind!! I found it at www.wdwrecipes.com!

It is also posted in this thread. If you would like a copy of the Master List just PM me your email address and I'll send it out.

tigsmom

Anyone have the recipe for the pot roast from Rose & Crown?

I thought we already had it, but nope. Can't find it either. I'll send a request, but in the summer they're busy and don't always answer right away. I'll keep looking in the meantime. :wave:

Seek & you shall find!! From another Disney website -

Pot Roast

Rose & Crown Dining Room, Epcot

Ingredients

5 pound beef roast
3 each carrots, chopped
3 each celery stalks, chopped
1each onion, chopped
8 each garlic cloves (chop 3 and save for gravy)
¼ cup salt
1/8 cup pepper corns
¼ cup olive oil
12 cups ****
1 cup red wine
¼ cup flour
Method

In a large sauté pan heat the oil and sear the beef on all sides, then set in a roasting pan.

In the same sauté pan place the rough cut veggie and let cook for 3-5 minutes to get some color. Add 1 cup of water to the pan to deglaze and get the entire flavor out of the pan. Pour veggies over the meat and cover it with water. Season with salt and pepper, cover with foil and let cook in a 350 degree oven for 3-4 hours.

When done take out of the liquid and let cool. Strain the cooking liquid and save to make the gravy.

In a sauce pot, heat some oil and add chopped garlic and let cook for a couple minutes.

Make a flour roux. Add wine and then stock and cook until it becomes thick.

Cut the cooled beef into 6 ounce portions, place in a baking dish, and cover with gravy. Cover pan with foil and cook in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.

Serve with mashed potatoes and any other veggies you like

NOTE: Missing an ingredient...12 cups...stock?
**** have beef broth handy to add to cooking juices to cover meat if necessary.

Will update recipe should clarification come from the chef.

TwoTigersMom

I thought we already had it, but nope. Can't find it either. I'll send a request, but in the summer they're busy and don't always answer right away. I'll keep looking in the meantime. :wave:

Seek & you shall find!! From another Disney website -

Pot Roast

Rose & Crown Dining Room, Epcot

Ingredients

5 pound beef roast
3 each carrots, chopped
3 each celery stalks, chopped
1each onion, chopped
8 each garlic cloves (chop 3 and save for gravy)
¼ cup salt
1/8 cup pepper corns
¼ cup olive oil
12 cups
1 cup red wine
¼ cup flour
Method

In a large sauté pan heat the oil and sear the beef on all sides, then set in a roasting pan.

In the same sauté pan place the rough cut veggie and let cook for 3-5 minutes to get some color. Add 1 cup of water to the pan to deglaze and get the entire flavor out of the pan. Pour veggies over the meat and cover it with water. Season with salt and pepper, cover with foil and let cook in a 350 degree oven for 3-4 hours.

When done take out of the liquid and let cool. Strain the cooking liquid and save to make the gravy.

In a sauce pot, heat some oil and add chopped garlic and let cook for a couple minutes.

Make a flour roux. Add wine and then stock and cook until it becomes thick.

Cut the cooled beef into 6 ounce portions, place in a baking dish, and cover with gravy. Cover pan with foil and cook in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.

Serve with mashed potatoes and any other veggies you like

:sohappy: Thanks Mad!

Tatania

Just noticed it says 12 there...12 cups of what I wonder. I'll have to keep looking. :brick:

The instructions say "Add wine and then stock and cook until it becomes thick. Cut the cooled beef into 6 ounce portions, place in a baking dish, and cover with gravy." - so it would have to be beef stock.
It just seems like a lot of stock compared to other Disney Pot Roast recipes. IE. The Pot Roast from Prime Time Cafe also uses 5 lbs. of roast but only 7 1/2 cups of liquid and the LTT Pot Roast uses 6 lbs of beef to 5 cups of liquid. What web site was this recipe from?

tigsmom

The instructions say "Add wine and then stock and cook until it becomes thick. Cut the cooled beef into 6 ounce portions, place in a baking dish, and cover with gravy." - so it would have to be beef stock.
It just seems like a lot of stock compared to other Disney Pot Roast recipes. IE. The Pot Roast from Prime Time Cafe also uses 5 lbs. of roast but only 7 1/2 cups of liquid and the LTT Pot Roast uses 6 lbs of beef to 5 cups of liquid. What web site was this recipe from?

Yeah, and they say to save the cooking juices to make the gravy and that has been made with water, though none is listed in the ingredients list. :shrug:

And you had to ask me about the site right? :lol: I'll go looking again.

Edit...it's Magical Kingdoms Click Here

BiggerTigger

I know you'll appreciate this Mad, I read a story about this young teenager that was cooking dinner for her family. The recipe called for like 2 cups of water and 2 cups of stock, add all at once and then reduce by half, so she poured half of it out in the sink. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom