Recipe???

Tatania

Yeah, and they say to save the cooking juices to make the gravy and that has been made with water, though none is listed in the ingredients list. :shrug:

And you had to ask me about the site right? :lol: I'll go looking again.

Edit...it's Magical Kingdoms Click Here

I've sent them quite a few recipes - but they were complete :king:

I think I get it now. Regarding the water - the instructions say "Add 1 cup of water to the pan to deglaze and get the entire flavor out of the pan. " and then they tell you to pour the water over the veggies and meat in the roasting pan. That's the cooking liquid you strain and add wine to for the gravy.
Using 1/4 cup of flour for the roux and then adding the 1 cup of wine and probably about 1 cup of strained stock would make a decent gravy. So we're back to the mystery of the 12 cups ? They wouldn't all be poured into the gravy as that gravy would be water. What I'd do is have some beef stock on hand in case I need more gravy to cover the meat. It would be easy to add more flour to the roux and then more liquid, if needed.

Tatania

I know you'll appreciate this Mad, I read a story about this young teenager that was cooking dinner for her family. The recipe called for like 2 cups of water and 2 cups of stock, add all at once and then reduce by half, so she poured half of it out in the sink. :ROFLOL:

That's so funny. Kids don't learn cooking basics anymore because they never have to do it and are rarely in the kitchen helping make dinner. Another teen I know made the Grapefruit Cake from a Disney recipe book she was given and didn't know you had to beat the egg whites for the sponge. She mixed the eggs in whole and the cake was pretty flat :p

Vernonpush

I think I get it now. Regarding the water - the instructions say "Add 1 cup of water to the pan to deglaze and get the entire flavor out of the pan. " and then they tell you to pour the water over the veggies and meat in the roasting pan. That's the cooking liquid you strain and add wine to for the gravy.
Using 1/4 cup of flour for the roux and then adding the 1 cup of wine and probably about 1 cup of strained stock would make a decent gravy. So we're back to the mystery of the 12 cups ? They wouldn't all be poured into the gravy as that gravy would be water. What I'd do is have some beef stock on hand in case I need more gravy to cover the meat. It would be easy to add more flour to the roux and then more liquid, if needed.

" Pour veggies over the meat and cover it with water. Season with salt and pepper, cover with foil and let cook in a 350 degree oven for 3-4 hours."

Could the 12 cups be for water? (1 cup to deglaze the pan, the others for adding to the baking roast for 3-4 hours at 350 degrees. How much liquid would be gone after 3-4 hours in a 350 degree oven?):shrug:

Chocolate Mousee

Don't know if anyone has asked for this one yet or not but the chocolate mousee reciepe from the French pavilion. I don't know the name of the place it is served at. Some pastry shop, but I love it. Anyone have the reciepe?

tigsmom

That is what I would do also. So here is what I'm thinking - I'll edit the recipe to say have beef stock handy to add as needed to cover the meat. I'll send an email and ask for a clarification from the chef.

" Pour veggies over the meat and cover it with water. Season with salt and pepper, cover with foil and let cook in a 350 degree oven for 3-4 hours."

Could the 12 cups be for water? (1 cup to deglaze the pan, the others for adding to the baking roast for 3-4 hours at 350 degrees. How much liquid would be gone after 3-4 hours in a 350 degree oven?)

I make pot roast all the time an I never add more than 4 cups of liquid, many times less since the roast is smaller.

tigsmom

That's so funny. Kids don't learn cooking basics anymore because they never have to do it and are rarely in the kitchen helping make dinner. Another teen I know made the Grapefruit Cake from a Disney recipe book she was given and didn't know you had to beat the egg whites for the sponge. She mixed the eggs in whole and the cake was pretty flat :p

My mother never taught us to cook, but we were allowed to bake. My cooking skills are self taught and the DH had to cook when we were first married (my MIL taught all 4 sons to cook & clean :king: ).
My girls are pretty accomplished in the kitchen, cooking as well as baking.

tigsmom

Don't know if anyone has asked for this one yet or not but the chocolate mousee reciepe from the French pavilion. I don't know the name of the place it is served at. Some pastry shop, but I love it. Anyone have the reciepe?

Boulangerie Patisserie
?

I don't believe we have it yet, but I'll search around for it. :wave:

EDIT: was easier to find than I thought. Found this on another site that has a great listing of recipes

Chocolate Mousse
Boulangerie Patisserie

makes 3 cups

5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 egg whites
1/4 cup sugar

Melt chocolate in a double-boiler over warm water. Remove from heat. Combine egg yolks and cream and gradually add chocolate, stirring rapidly. Add vanilla.
Beat egg whites with sugar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into chocolate mixture. Spoon mousse into a decorative mold or individual serving glasses and chill until firm, about 2 hours.

Vernonpush

My mother never taught us to cook, but we were allowed to bake. My cooking skills are self taught and the DH had to cook when we were first married (my MIL taught all 4 sons to cook & clean :king: ).

All mothers should do that!:ROFLOL:
Of course, most mothers in the last few deacade don't have time enough to cook meals alone ( having careers of their own to keep the family afloat, thus the overweight- "fast food" families), to even think about teaching "offspring" how to cook. Thus, the sad state of America.

Does the DH still cook and clean? Is he available "for hire"?:lol:

wannabeBelle

Original Poster

Any of the sons still single???? Belle

tigsmom

All mothers should do that!:ROFLOL:
Of course, most mothers in the last few deacade don't have time enough to cook meals alone ( having careers of their own to keep the family afloat, thus the overweight- "fast food" families), to even think about teaching "offspring" how to cook. Thus, the sad state of America.

Does the DH still cook and clean? Is he available "for hire"?:lol:

Yes he still does every now & then even though he works 2 jobs. :lol:

Any of the sons still single???? Belle

:lol: Sorry.

Boulangerie Patisserie ?

I don't believe we have it yet, but I'll search around for it. :wave:

EDIT: was easier to find than I thought. Found this on another site that has a great listing of recipes

Chocolate Mousse
Boulangerie Patisserie

makes 3 cups

5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 egg whites
1/4 cup sugar

Melt chocolate in a double-boiler over warm water. Remove from heat. Combine egg yolks and cream and gradually add chocolate, stirring rapidly. Add vanilla.
Beat egg whites with sugar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into chocolate mixture. Spoon mousse into a decorative mold or individual serving glasses and chill until firm, about 2 hours.

Yum! Doesn't sound that hard to make! Thank you so much!

Aggie Mom

Thanks for the review of this. I've added your notes to my recipe files. I was thinking that when you add the garlic and onions to the melted butter could you cook them a little before adding the half and half? Is this what you tried when you remiade it?

Sorry, I just saw this.

That is exactly what I did for the Sopa de Elote. But, really, it's better to not do that. The soup needs the starch from the raw onion to thicken. So, I ended up adding more raw onion anyway.

CaptainQueenJ

The Starboard Sandwich -Columbia Harbour House

hmm I believe this was on the request list?

Columbia Harbour House
The Starboard Sandwich

Ingredients:
Multi Grain Bread
1/2 cup Broccoli Slaw (recipe follows)
Vine ripe tomatoes sliced (2 slices per sandwich)
Thinly sliced deli ham
Munster Cheese

Broccoli Slaw
3 cups shredded broccoli slaw mix (2-12 oz bags in the grocery store)
1 1/2 cups honey Dijon dressing (Ken's Brand)

Toss together and set aside

slice bread, layer ham, Munster cheese, add broccoli slaw and 2 slices of tomato

courtesy of Disney Guest Services

tigsmom

Columbia Harbour House
The Starboard Sandwich

Ingredients:
Multi Grain Bread
Thinly sliced deli ham
Munster Cheese

Broccoli Slaw

slice bread, layer ham, Munster cheese, add broccoli slaw and 2 slices of tomato

courtesy of Disney Guest Services

MMMm...munster cheese is my favorite! Not sure I can get into broccoli slaw though, I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the recipe!! :wave:

Tatania

Grilled Vegetable Sandwich

Columbia Harbour House
The Starboard Sandwich

Ingredients:
Multi Grain Bread
Thinly sliced deli ham
Munster Cheese

Broccoli Slaw

With the heat we're having right now in the Pacific Northwest, Salads and sandwiches are the perfect thing for dinner. Thanks for posting that one.

Not sure if this has been posted yet - so apologies if it's a duplicate.

Grilled Vegetable Sandwich
Tusker House Restaurant (from Cooking with Mickey & the Chefs of WDW)
Yield: 4 sandwiches

Spread
2 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
Thoroughly combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.

Vegetables
2 large Portobello mushrooms
1/2 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette dressing
2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4" slices
2 large yellow squash, cut into 1/4" slices
3 tablespoons olive oil, for grilling vegetables
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
4 focaccia (or bread or bun of your choice), toasted
2 large tomatoes, red or yellow, cut into 1/4" slices
4 large lettuce leaves ( any green leaf lettuce)

Marinate mushrooms in balsamic vinaigrette dressing for about 1 hour. Brush zucchini and squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill on both sides until browned, turning once; set aside. Toast bread or bun. Layer the spread, zucchini, squash, mushroom, tomato, and lettuce. Cut the sandwich in half and secure with toothpicks.
Cooks Note: toasting bread brings out the flavor and freshness of the bread - and the sandwich will not get soggy.

tigsmom

Another recipe that sounds like a keeper! It's hot & humid here in the Northeast and salad and sandwich suppers are the way to go. Thanks! :king:

To all of our Recipe Thread regulars...

I'm working on an Index that will be posted as a separate thread to make this one easier to use. Thanks Tatania for the idea, i can see how well it works on another site. Hopefully ours will be a success as well.

Many, Many Thanks!!!

I just scrolled back to the very beginning of this thread and WOW this thread was started a long time ago!!!!
As a newbie on this board I truly do appreciate all of the advice I get on here and now that I've found this thread, I'd say this is my favorite place to (hang out) on here! My husband's first trip to Disney will be with me this September and I plan on cooking several Disney Dishes before we go to get him ready, so I appreciate these reciepes!
*I still haven't made the mousse yet, plan on it this Sunday but I'll let you know if it tastes the same!*
Thanks again!

Tatania

I just scrolled back to the very beginning of this thread and WOW this thread was started a long time ago!!!!
As a newbie on this board I truly do appreciate all of the advice I get on here and now that I've found this thread, I'd say this is my favorite place to (hang out) on here! My husband's first trip to Disney will be with me this September and I plan on cooking several Disney Dishes before we go to get him ready, so I appreciate these reciepes!
*I still haven't made the mousse yet, plan on it this Sunday but I'll let you know if it tastes the same!*
Thanks again!

It's always exciting news when a Disney food enthusiast is going on a visit to WDW because there's a chance you'll come back with new recipes. I have a few I'd really like to get so would you know yet what restaurants you're going to? Maybe we could put in a few requests. On my last visit I came back with about 20 new recipes.

It's always exciting news when a Disney food enthusiast is going on a visit to WDW because there's a chance you'll come back with new recipes. I have a few I'd really like to get so would you know yet what restaurants you're going to? Maybe we could put in a few requests. On my last visit I came back with about 20 new recipes.

I'm not going until September 23rd, 67 days I believe. But, I'll be more than willing to get as many recipes as I can. The only places I know I'm eating at for sure is ASMu (that's where we're staying so we'll eat at the food court some), I always eat at least once at San Angles (is that the right name? i'm having memory loss!), the French pastry shop and the Poly. But, I've been several times so this year is really more of a chance to experience food, drinks and other things so I'll be trying plenty of food! Also, I'm going during the Food & Wine festival. Don't know if they give out the recipes for food from that but if so I'll ask!
*Any requests?*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom