Recipe???

gusgoose

I apologize if this has been posted before, but I searched the forums and couldn't find it...

I'd be forever in debt to someone who has the recipe for Beer Cheese Soup from the Big River Grille at the Boardwalk resort. I've tried making my own beer cheese soup, I've tried beer cheese soups from other restaurants... nothing compares!

tigsmom

I apologize if this has been posted before, but I searched the forums and couldn't find it...

I'd be forever in debt to someone who has the recipe for Beer Cheese Soup from the Big River Grille at the Boardwalk resort. I've tried making my own beer cheese soup, I've tried beer cheese soups from other restaurants... nothing compares!

We have the cheese soup from Le Cellier, but have not had any luck getting the one from Big River Grille. It has been asked for, but haven't heard anything yet. If you would like to also request it you may send an email and be specific (and polite...not saying you're not, but you know what I mean).
If you do hear back please post it here and I will do the same if I hear back first. Thanks :wave:

gusgoose

We have the cheese soup from Le Cellier, but have not had any luck getting the one from Big River Grille. It has been asked for, but haven't heard anything yet. If you would like to also request it you may send an email and be specific (and polite...not saying you're not, but you know what I mean).
If you do hear back please post it here and I will do the same if I hear back first. Thanks :wave:

Thanks for the link, I'll give it a try. It's probably my favorite thing I've ever eaten on Disney property.

Aggie Mom

You all have drawn me out of a year of lurkdom! I've been lurking on WDWMagic since we got back from WDW last year (I miss it!), but never felt compelled to join up--that is, until I found this thread!

I tried the Pop Century fried chicken last night and it was really good! I will say, that if you fry it for 2 minutes on each side like the recipe says, it will burn. It took me 1 minute 15 sec on each side (after burning a couple of legs :eek:). But I did substitute Smart Balance Oil for the shortening, so I wouldn't feel so bad about it being fried, so that coul have something to do with it.

Also, I see that this thread has 81 pages, but I can't get past page 79. Anyone else having this problem?

Tigsmom, I'll be PMing you about that Master List. I'm so excited! I think I'm going to try that poblano corn chowder from the San Angel Inn next.

SewIn2Disney

I'm sure it's already been posted in this mass of a thread, but I just got the recipe for the Lava Cake from California Grill. Can someone tell me if its been posted already? If not, I'll add it to here. (Although its so popular, I'm sure it's already on here)
Thanks!

nibblesandbits

Hmm, now it shows my post as the first one on page 80. I'm confused.
There were posts taken out of this thread for one reason or another by a moderator...unfortunately, when it did that, it somehow didn't take the extra page...I'm not 100% sure on what happens, but what we're left with is 1 page that has nothing, so it goes back to the last page that had something on it. You really are on the last page. :wave:

tigsmom

You all have drawn me out of a year of lurkdom! I've been lurking on WDWMagic since we got back from WDW last year (I miss it!), but never felt compelled to join up--that is, until I found this thread!

I tried the Pop Century fried chicken last night and it was really good! I will say, that if you fry it for 2 minutes on each side like the recipe says, it will burn. It took me 1 minute 15 sec on each side (after burning a couple of legs :eek:). But I did substitute Smart Balance Oil for the shortening, so I wouldn't feel so bad about it being fried, so that coul have something to do with it.

Also, I see that this thread has 81 pages, but I can't get past page 79. Anyone else having this problem?

Tigsmom, I'll be PMing you about that Master List. I'm so excited! I think I'm going to try that poblano corn chowder from the San Angel Inn next.

Hmm, now it shows my post as the first one on page 80. I'm confused.

There were posts taken out of this thread for one reason or another by a moderator...unfortunately, when it did that, it somehow didn't take the extra page...I'm not 100% sure on what happens, but what we're left with is 1 page that has nothing, so it goes back to the last page that had something on it. You really are on the last page. :wave:

I don't believe any posts have been removed. There is a glitch since a former vBulletin update. You will find this on many threads in different forums. Steve is aware of it, but I'm not sure there is a fix. I have noticed that sometimes there are 2 pages listed after the real last one.

When posts are removed the remaining posts after it are renumbered, but the empty pages do not remain (at least from what I have been told by someone who runs another site. :shrug: ).

We've made the fried chicken from the Pop and my kids loved it. We make the flank steak from the Liberty Tree Tavern too, easy on the grill or in the oven. :slurp:
Aggie Mom, I hope you find many good recipes to cook and please let us know what you think about them, feedback is always welcome! :wave:

tigsmom

I'm sure it's already been posted in this mass of a thread, but I just got the recipe for the Lava Cake from California Grill. Can someone tell me if its been posted already? If not, I'll add it to here. (Although its so popular, I'm sure it's already on here)
Thanks!

I don't believe it is so Post Away! :lol:

I have a few outstanding requests, but this being summer they are quite busy. When & if they come thru I'll post them. :wave:

nibblesandbits

I don't believe any posts have been removed. There is a glitch since a former vBulletin update. You will find this on many threads in different forums. Steve is aware of it, but I'm not sure there is a fix. I have noticed that sometimes there are 2 pages listed after the real last one.

When posts are removed the remaining posts after it are renumbered, but the empty pages do not remain (at least from what I have been told by someone who runs another site. :shrug: ).

We've made the fried chicken from the Pop and my kids loved it. We make the flank steak from the Liberty Tree Tavern too, easy on the grill or in the oven. :slurp:
Aggie Mom, I hope you find many good recipes to cook and please let us know what you think about them, feedback is always welcome! :wave:
Oh yeah...I remember the glich now...that does make more sense too...

Aggie Mom

I've got the Sopa de Elote from San Angel Inn cooking now. I think this is one of those recipes that leaves critical info out. You have to roast the poblano peppers to peel them. Plus, it doesn't say anything about cooking the onions before you add them. I did that a while ago and they have progressed in cooking at all. And I don't remember crunchy onions in the soup when I had it.

It may come out better, but I think I busted on this one. If it doesn't come out, I'll try again since I know (I think) what the problem is.

Aggie Mom

Ok I remade the Sopa de Elote. It is fantastic!!! Even my husband, who doesn't like corn chowder liked it (as corn chowder goes anyway). It's better today after being refrigerated overnight. I garnished it with some shredded cheddar, which was a nice touch, I thought. I think next time, I'd double the poblano or add a little bit of another pepper to give it a bit more kick.

Aggie Mom

I made the Tie-Dye Cheesecake from Pop Century this weekend. Not only does it look fantastic, but it tastes great. I served it at a party and all of my guests were in awe of my awesomeness in making it. :D

Here is pic:
DSC07098.jpg

Not sure why is split down the middle. :shrug: Didn't affect the flavor, though.

On a side note, be sure you have several hours to make it. It nots all that hard, but it takes awhile. Also, for those of you who, like me, have Kitchen Aid stand mixers--don't use it for the cheesecake part. It was easier with just a hand mixer. The Kitchen aid beaters either didn't beat the cream cheese well enough or all of it got caught in the middle, and avoided being beaten.

Any suggestions for my next disney recipe adventure? I'm not sure what to try next.

tigsmom

I made the Tie-Dye Cheesecake from Pop Century this weekend. Not only does it look fantastic, but it tastes great. I served it at a party and all of my guests were in awe of my awesomeness in making it. :D

Here is pic:
DSC07098.jpg

Not sure why is split down the middle. :shrug: Didn't affect the flavor, though.

On a side note, be sure you have several hours to make it. It nots all that hard, but it takes awhile. Also, for those of you who, like me, have Kitchen Aid stand mixers--don't use it for the cheesecake part. It was easier with just a hand mixer. The Kitchen aid beaters either didn't beat the cream cheese well enough or all of it got caught in the middle, and avoided being beaten.

Any suggestions for my next disney recipe adventure? I'm not sure what to try next.

My cheesecake splits too, some say the oven is too hot, but :shrug: I've been making cheesecake since I was 12 and they almost always split.
I use my KitchenAid mixer for everything. I don't have a problem with the cream cheese if it's at room temperature. You have to leave it out for a couple of hours.

Your cake looks wonderful! thanks for sharing. :cool:

nibblesandbits

Here is pic:
DSC07098.jpg

Yum!!

Kerby626

My cheesecake splits too, some say the oven is too hot, but :shrug: I've been making cheesecake since I was 12 and they almost always split.
I use my KitchenAid mixer for everything. I don't have a problem with the cream cheese if it's at room temperature. You have to leave it out for a couple of hours.

Your cake looks wonderful! thanks for sharing. :cool:

It looks awesome. I always add a pan of water in the oven when I cook a cheesecake. It helps keep the moisture in the air in the oven... If that makes sense

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom