Recipe???

dizneykev

Conga Juice - Reverse Engineered

Well, my wife and I have finally figured out the recipe for Conga juice that I had asked about a few weeks ago. Here is what we came up with.

5 cups orange juice (pulp free)
2 cups pineapple juice
1/2 cup lime juice
1/4 cup Maraschino Cherry juice

Best server over crushed ice, or put in freezer to create a slush type drink. Hope you enjoy!

Dizneykev

tigsmom

dizneykev said:
Well, my wife and I have finally figured out the recipe for Conga juice that I had asked about a few weeks ago. Here is what we came up with.

5 cups orange juice (pulp free)
2 cups pineapple juice
1/2 cup lime juice
1/4 cup Maraschino Cherry juice

Best server over crushed ice, or put in freezer to create a slush type drink. Hope you enjoy!

Dizneykev

Have you been trying all sorts of recipes or just mixing your own?

This sounds yummy. Thanks for the update! :wave:

Fantasmic!329

My first Recipe thread reply! :sohappy:
Does anyone happen to have the Mac & Cheese (Kid's Meal) recipe from Coloumbia Harbour House? If so, it would be greatly appreciated.

tigsmom

Fantasmic!329 said:
My first Recipe thread reply! :sohappy:
Does anyone happen to have the Mac & Cheese (Kid's Meal) recipe from Coloumbia Harbour House? If so, it would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't come across that one. We do have the one from the AKL posted and that was voted the best tasting.

I'll keep my eyes out for it. :wave:

Fantasmic!329

Thanks tigsmom!
I did find the one from Jiko on one of the websites posted very early on in the thread. (I have not had the chance to read all 34 pgs. yet!)

tigsmom

Fantasmic!329 said:
Thanks tigsmom!
I did find the one from Jiko on one of the websites posted very early on in the thread. (I have not had the chance to read all 34 pgs. yet!)

Save yourself some time... go to options in your USER CP and go to the section thats has posts/page. Set it to 40 and you will only have 13 pages. Same amount of posts, but it makes it easier to read.

I haven't come across the recipe yet, but I'll keep looking. If you really need it you can contact them directly and they should send it to you.
Sorry I don't have the contact number at my fingertips, but I believe barnum posted it here. :wave:

Senderella

Pretzel Bread Distributor

I just got an email from Le Cellier. They gave me the maple creme brulee recipe (which I managed to find). They also said that the vegetarian lasagna was taken from 11 different recipes and they couldn't manage to get it into a document or something. ANYHOW... they DID give me the distributors info for the pretzel bread. He said to write and see if they supply to your area. So that's the low down. Hope this helps yall.

Backerhaus Veit LTD.
70 Whitmore Rd.
Woodbridge, ON, Canada
L4L 7Z4

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
OK we have the proverbial good news and bad news. The good news is I got a hold of the distributor for this area(NYC) The bad news is that this was NOT one of the products that they had planned to carry. At his request I wrote him a quick E mail detailing the item and asking him to keep me appraised of any method that individuals would be able to order this item. I had mentioned that we are sort of an international community so if the place that would sell to the individuals would be able to do so online or via phone that would be better!!! Here's hoping............. Belle

tigsmom

wannabeBelle said:
OK we have the proverbial good news and bad news. The good news is I got a hold of the distributor for this area(NYC) The bad news is that this was NOT one of the products that they had planned to carry. At his request I wrote him a quick E mail detailing the item and asking him to keep me appraised of any method that individuals would be able to order this item. I had mentioned that we are sort of an international community so if the place that would sell to the individuals would be able to do so online or via phone that would be better!!! Here's hoping............. Belle

Great idea! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

tigsmom

Just bringing this back to the first page. There has been a request for a recipe in another forum and a comment was made that they were unaware of this thread's existance. :wave:

*wonder if I can get Steve to sticky this thread?*

tigsmom

Tortilla Soup
from Wolfgang Puck Cafe, Downtown Disney

Serves 6

2 ears of fresh corn, husks removed
4 or 5 large garlic cloves, peeled
1 small onion (about 2 ounces), peeled, trimmed, and quartered
1 small jalapeño pepper, trimmed and seeded
2 tablespoons corn oil
2 corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch squares
2 large ripe tomatoes (1 pound), peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 quarts homemade Chicken Stock (see separate recipe) or store-bought, heated
Kosher salt and feshly ground black pepper

Garnish:
2 corn tortillas
1 ripe avocado
1 large chicken breast, cooked, boned, and skinned
1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves

1. Using a large knife, carefully scrape the kernels off the corn cobs and set aside, reserving the cobs.

2. Using a food processor fitted with the steel blade, coarsely chop the garlic, onion, jalapeño pepper, and the corn kernels. Reserve.

3. Make the soup: In a large stockpot, heat the oil. Add the squares of tortillas and cook over low heat until they are slightly crisp. Stir in the chopped vegetables and simmer just until the vegetables are coated with the oil. Do not brown.

4. Add the tomatoes, the tomato paste, and 2 teaspoons of the cumin and continue to simmer for about 10 minutes to maximize the flavor. Slowly pour in the stock, add the corn cobs, and cook over low heat until the soup is reduced by one third.

5. Discard the corn cobs and purée the soup in batches, in a blender or food processor until smooth. At this point, the soup can be passed through a fine strainer if desired. Return to a clean pot and season with salt and pepper.

6. Prepare the garnish: Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 350°F. Cut the tortillas into thin strips and arrange on a small baking tray. Bake until the strips are crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Peel and dice the avocado. Cut the chicken into thin strips.

To serve, add the chicken and avocado to the soup and reheat over low heat. Ladle the soup into 6 to 8 warm soup bowls and garnish with the baked tortilla strips, Cheddar cheese, and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.

tigsmom

Garlic Mashed Potatoes
from Wolfgang Puck Cafe, Downtown Disney

Serves 5 or 6

2 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into same size chunks
Salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, at room temperature
1/2 cup heavy cream, brought to a boil
1/2 cup pureed Roasted Whole Garlic (see "Sauces & Dressings").
Freshly ground white pepper
Freshly grated nutmeg
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish

1. In a saucepan, cook the potatoes and raw garlic in lightly salted water to cover, until tender. Drain well.

2. Mash the potatoes through a food mill, or with a potato masher, into a stainless steel bowl.

3. In a small saucepan, heat butter and cream until butter has melted. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg.

4. Spoon mashed potatoes into warmed serving bowl and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.

MissM

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has the recipe for the [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grilled Buffalo Ribeye from Artist's Point in Wilderness Lodge. Our local grocery is now carrying fresh (not frozen) buffalo steak and we'd love to try to recreate it at home.

Thanks in advance for your help!
-m
[/font]

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Does anyone have any of these recipes...

Double chocolate cake from Norway?

Saurbraten from the Biergarten?

The marinades or rubs that Ohana uses on its skwered meat?

Thanks!

tigsmom

MissM said:
Hey guys, wondering if anyone has the recipe for the [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grilled Buffalo Ribeye from Artist's Point in Wilderness Lodge. Our local grocery is now carrying fresh (not frozen) buffalo steak and we'd love to try to recreate it at home.

Thanks in advance for your help!
-m
[/font]

I did a quick search & didn't see it. I'll look again when I get a little more time.

tigsmom

ajrwdwgirl said:
Does anyone have any of these recipes...

Double chocolate cake from Norway?

Saurbraten from the Biergarten?

The marinades or rubs that Ohana uses on its skwered meat?

Thanks!

Beef Marinade from 'Ohana

Yield: serves 8 persons
Beef Marinade
5 lbs. Beef (cut into 2-3 oz chunks)
1 cup canola oil
½ cup garlic (chopped)
¼ cup black pepper
Method:
1. Place beef in a mixing bowl
2. Add oil, garlic, and pepper to beef and mix well
3. Place in a container, label, date it and allow it to marinate for 24 hours
Ingredients - Roasted Shallot-Garlic Butter
½ cup unsalted butter
2.5 oz. shallots
2 oz. garlic
1 TSP Lemon Juice
1 TSP Granulated Sugar
TO TASTE Salt and Pepper
Method
1. Roast shallots and garlic in separate pans until soft and golden brown. Puree the shallots and garlic together and let cool.
2. Let the butter sit out at room temperature until it softens.
3. Add all remaining ingredients. Whip until all ingredients are incorporated and butter is fully whipped.
Marinated Shrimp from 'Ohana
Serves 4
Shrimp Marinade
½ cup hot chili garlic paste
1 Tbsp. Minced garlic
½ cup Minced fresh ginger
1 cup Sweet chili garlic paste
2 cups Honey
2 cups Lemon juice
1 quart Canola oil
1 tsp. Fresh ground black pepper
2 tsp. Kosher salt
Method:
1. Mix all ingredients well except for oil
2. Whisk briskly while slowly adding the oil
3. Take out 1 cup of this to baste the shrimp while they are cooking
4. Use the rest to marinate the shrimp
'Ohana Shrimp
Ingredients:
5 lbs. peeled and de-veined shrimp 16-20 count
All but 1-cup shrimp marinade
METHOD:
NOTE: Best if you use outdoor grill as these really smoke up the grill.
1. After shrimp have marinated for two days, take them out of the marinade.
2. If you can find some kabob skewers use them to skewer the shrimp. If not use bamboo sticks or just grill them loose.
3. As you are grilling baste them occasionally with the marinade you saved.
4. When they reach an internal temperature of 145ºF, remove and serve.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom