Recipe???

tigsmom

Some New Recipes have been published, hope you enjoy them!

WOOD FIRED GRILLED SHRIMP WITH FOUR CHEESE SAUCE & PASTA
Mama Melrose, Disney- MGM Studios

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Ingredients

1/8 cup roasted red pepper, julienne
1-1/2 tablespoon peas
1 tablespoon leeks, julienne
1 tablespoon basil, chiffonade
1 cup Pipette Pasta, (cooked)
1 teaspoon Pecorino Romano shredded cheese - garnish
1 teaspoon Asiago shredded cheese - garnish
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 each artichoke heart quartered
1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
5 oz grilled shrimp
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup white wine
3/4 cup Four Cheese Cream Sauce (recipe below)
1 tsp leeks, fried - garnish

Method:

Heat olive oil in pan, add sweet onions, garlic and leeks. Saute 2-4 minutes. Add white wine and cook 1 minute. Now add the shrimp and the rest of the products and cook 2-4 minutes. Place in bowl and garnish with the items listed above.

FOUR CHEESE SAUCE

Ingredients:
1 quart half & half
1/4 cup parmesan cheese - finely grated
1/4 teaspoon Regganto cheese Argentine brand
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 quart heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 ounce Asiago cheese - shredded
1 ounce garlic, minded
2 ounces Fontina cheese

Method:
In a 4-quart saucepot add olive oil and heat, add garlic, then add milk and bring milk to a simmer. Stir in Roux (no lumps). Add heavy cream and cheese, cook slow, simmer and season.

ROUX:
1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup flour

Method:
Melt butter, stir in flour. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stir often.
[/font]​

tigsmom

ANCHO CHILI RUBBED SALMON
The Crystal Palace, MK

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Yield - 10 servings

Ingredients

3 each ancho chilies (rehydrated in 1 cup water)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 side Salmon fillet
kosher salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste

Method

1. Place ancho chilies in boiling water and let stand for 15 minutes.
2. Remove seeds and place in food processor with water, brown sugar.
3. Pulse until a smooth paste forms.
4. Drizzle in canola oil.
5. Marinate whole side of salmon in chili paste overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
7. Place salmon fillet in an ungreased pan. Season with Kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
8. Cook for 15-18 minutes or until firm to the touch.
9. Place on a platter, drizzle with Pistou and serve (recipe below).

PISTOU SAUCE (may be made the day before)

2 cups tightly packed basil leaves
3 teaspoons chopped garlic
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 cup mild olive oil
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Method

1. Add all ingredients except olive oil and cheese in a food processor and pulse until pureed.

2. Drizzle olive oil slowly until a paste forms.

3. Remove and add cheese.
[/font]​

tigsmom

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] WILD MUSHROOM CHICKEN PASTA WITH BASIL ASIAGO CREAM SAUCE
The Crystal Palace Restaurant

[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Serves 4 to 6 people

Mini Penne Pasta:
1/2 pound Mini Penne Pasta (dry/uncooked)

1. Follow direction on the package to cook the pasta to al dente.
2. Cool pasta with cold tap water and set aside at room temperature.

ASIAGO BASIL SAUCE:

1-1/2 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon fresh basil (wash, stemmed, and chopped)
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
1/2 teaspoon chicken base or powdered chicken bullion
1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese

1. Bring heavy cream, all seasonings, garlic, basil, and chicken base to a low simmer in a 2-quart saucepan. Let it simmer to 10 minutes to develop flavors.

2. Carefully add the shredded cheese. Stir constantly to avoid breaking the sauce. You must not boil the sauce at any time.

3. Add the butter to thicken the sauce slightly. Cover the sauce & set it aside from the heat until you are ready to add it to the pasta.

Pasta Completion:

6 each skinless boneless chicken thighs
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/4 cup sliced button mushrooms
1/4 cup sliced ake mushrooms (be sure to discard the stem)
1/4 cup diced Portobello mushrooms
1 cup Basil Asiago Cream Sauce (full amount from recipe above)
1-1/2 pounds cooked Gimelli pasta (full amount from recipe above)
2 tablespoons chiffonade (thinly sliced) fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese

1. Dice chicken and remove excess fat.

2. In a large saute pan, heat oil until it begins to smoke.

3. Add chicken and season with salt, white pepper, and granulated garlic.

4. Once chicken is fully cooked, add mushroom and cook them thoroughly.

5. Add the pasta to the saute pan and stir for three minutes.

6. Now add the sauce and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.

7. Remove the pasta from the heat and place it on to serving dishes and garnish with basil and Asiago cheese.
[/font]​

tigsmom

wannabeBelle said:
The Chicken dish with the Penne pasta is SSSSOOOOO Good!!!!!!! Thanks as always Tigs Mom!!!!! Belle

You are quite welcome! Thanks for the feedback on the chicken/pasta dish, just reading it made my mouth water!

Jekyll Baker

Disnut said:
While I was at Cystal Palace I had a dessert called Tiramisu. Can someone tell me the recipe?

Well, there are many variations on a theme, usually ladyfingers soaked with coffee and liquor layered with sweetened mascarpone cheese, chocolate and whipped cream. At work, I don't follow a recipe per se, but it's ladyfingers soaked with espresso+Kahlua+brandy, layered with sweetened mascarpone and cocoa and chocolate shavings, topped with whipped cream with more chocolate shavings.

Anyway, here's the recipe for Tiramisu (Italian for "pick me up") that is used at Citricos, Narcoossee's, and Victoria & Albert's at the Grand Floridian (found in Cooking with Mickey & the Disney Chefs)

Tiramisu
served 12-16

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup espresso coffee
1/4 cup dark rum
3 cups mascarpone cheese
3 large egg yolks
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups heavy cream
12 Italian ladyfingers
1 tablespoon cocoa powder, for serving

1: Heat 1/2 cup water with 1/2 cup sugar in a 2-quart saucepan, stirring, over medium heat, until the sugar is dissolved. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and let cool. Stir in the expresso and the dark rum.

2: In a bowl with an electric mixer, beat the mascarpone, egg yolks, 1/3 cup sugar, and vanilla until very light and smooth. Add the heavy cream and beat for 2-3 minutes, or until thickened.

3: Soak 5 ladyfingers in the coffee syrup and arrange them in the bottom of a 10-inch round, 4-inch deep bowl. Add a 2-inch layer of the mascarpone filling. Soak the remaining 7 ladyfingers in the coffee syrup and place on top of the mascarpone filling. Spoon in the remaining mascarpone filling and smooth the top.

4: Chill, covered, for at least 4 hours before serving. Just before serving, sprinkle the tiramisu with cocoa powder.

Also found another version in the older Mickey's Gourmet Cookbook from Flagler's (now defunct) at GF. BTW, the recipe above is a more traditional version.

Tira-mi-su
serves 12

2 cups mascarpone cheese
3 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons coffee liqueur
1 teaspoon instant coffee
1 10-inch sponge cake
1/4 cup cocoa powder

Combine mascarpone cheese, cream, sugar, vanilla, coffee liqueur, and instant coffee in a mixing bowl and whip until stiff.
Split sponge cake in half, creating a top and bottom layer. Spread cream mixture on bottom layer and replace top half of cake. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Just before serving, dust top of cake with cocoa powder.

tigsmom

Disnut said:
Thanks now to try it. One more Question what and where do you get mascarpone cheese?

Its a creamy type of Italian cheese. Here in NY you can buy it at an Itralian deli or the grocery store.

MissM

tigsmom said:
I did a quick search & didn't see it. I'll look again when I get a little more time.
Yeah I tried searching around but couldn't find it either. From what I understand, they make a special marinade and let it soak for 24 hours. But... I can't find the details. :( Love really wants to have it again and since we can now get fresh buffalo steaks here he's excited to try to re-create the Wilderness Lodge experience. (And I've never had it, so I want to try it!)
-m

tigsmom

MissM said:
Yeah I tried searching around but couldn't find it either. From what I understand, they make a special marinade and let it soak for 24 hours. But... I can't find the details. :( Love really wants to have it again and since we can now get fresh buffalo steaks here he's excited to try to re-create the Wilderness Lodge experience. (And I've never had it, so I want to try it!)
-m

Have you tried calling or emailing the restaurant directly? Its worked for others, maybe you will have some luck too. We aren't staying there this trip or I would pick it up myself.

Jekyll Baker

Disnut said:
Thanks now to try it. One more Question what and where do you get mascarpone cheese?

mousemerf said:
If you're in the south - try Publix.

Yep, Publix has it, and Harris Teeter, and some Wal-mart Superstores - usually found in the cheese tables in the deli section. Common brand is "Bel Gioioso" (I think that's the spelling), and comes in a small tub. That brand also makes a pre-made Tiramisu that comes in the same size tub, but I've never tried it.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Hey Tigsmom or Jekyll Baker, maybe you guys can help I was talking about the Wild Mushroom Chicken Pasta dish with a friend of mine. She had said that Asiago cheese is typically kind of expensive. What other types of cheeses are similar and can be substituted?? Anyone know? Belle

tigsmom

wannabeBelle said:
Hey Tigsmom or Jekyll Baker, maybe you guys can help I was talking about the Wild Mushroom Chicken Pasta dish with a friend of mine. She had said that Asiago cheese is typically kind of expensive. What other types of cheeses are similar and can be substituted?? Anyone know? Belle

Asiago has a very distinct flavor. I buy the pre shredded Sargento brand in my Super Walmart, it really isn't any more expensive than most... $2.69 for an 8oz bag.

http://www.sargentocheese.com/product-shreds/Shreds_main.html

You could use a Parmesan or Romano instead if you needed to.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
And now to just find a super Walmart!!!! Thanks for the idea though. I will absolutely be looking for this item in the local supermarkets!!! Belle

tigsmom

wannabeBelle said:
And now to just find a super Walmart!!!! Thanks for the idea though. I will absolutely be looking for this item in the local supermarkets!!! Belle

Do you have ShopRite near you? I know ours stocks it too.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Yep sure do!!! I Will go and check there. It is one of the better supermarkets in our area!!! Where is the local Superwalmarts by you?? One of my friends was looking for one but we dont have any here in NYC or locally in NJ Thanks, Belle

tigsmom

wannabeBelle said:
Yep sure do!!! I Will go and check there. It is one of the better supermarkets in our area!!! Where is the local Superwalmarts by you?? One of my friends was looking for one but we dont have any here in NYC or locally in NJ Thanks, Belle

Take the NYS Thruway to Exit 16. Harriman/Woodbury. Its just a stones throw from Woodbury Commons Premium Outlet Center.

Believe it or not, there are bus trips from the Bronx to our WalMart every weekend. :eek: Yep, its that popular. The weekends will find more NYC & Northern NJ cars in the lot than us locals.

What I like (beside the prices) is the variety of grocerys. Since WalMart is midwestern based we get a lot of things that other stores in the are don't carry.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Thanks for the info TigsMom. Speaking of which, I know you arent exactly around the corner but did you see the NJ thread we had on here?? we are having a Meet & Greet in Northern NJ on Sept 9th from 7:30pm. It is at Sweet Maggie's Pub in the Rockaway Square Mall. If you want to come by please do. I will be there as well as Pam of Kingdom Konsultants and a few other people from these boards. This is an open invite for all board members who are interested!!! Come on by, stop in and say hi!!! There is no cover charge and all ages are welcome!!! Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom