Recipe???

tigsmom

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Colony House Salad with Honey-Shallot Vinaigrette
Liberty Tree Tavern- Magic Kingdom

[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yield: 1 Plate[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ingredients

7 oz. Mixed Greens
6 oz. Rotisserie Chicken Meat
3 oz. Diced Gala Apples
1.5 oz. Smoked Cheddar
3 oz. Honey-Shallot Dressing (recipe below)
1 oz. Candied Pecans
.25 oz. Chives

Method

Toss greens, chicken and dressing in bowl. Arrange mounded on plate and top with apples, pecans, and cheddar. Garnish with chives.
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]House Seasoning

Ingredients

1/2 cup salt
1 TB white pepper

Mix thoroughly and store.
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Honey-Shallot Vinaigrette[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ingredients
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 cup shallots
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup honey
1 TB Dijon mustard
Dash House Seasoning, or to taste (recipe above)

Method

Saute chopped shallots in pan until dark and caramelized. Deglaze shallots with a few ounces of vinegar. Cool shallots then puree all ingredients in blender or food processor until emulsified. Refrigerate.
[/font]

longfamily

SewIn2Disney said:
Is this a Disney specific recipe you are looking for, or just a general mushroom appetizer?

If it's Disney specific, which resturant is it from?

Just a general recipe, but if you know of any Disney recipes for mushroom appetizers, I would love that!!!

I am opening a wine bar and I would like to include a type of mushroom appetizer on the menu.

tigsmom

longfamily said:
Just a general recipe, but if you know of any Disney recipes for mushroom appetizers, I would love that!!!

I am opening a wine bar and I would like to include a type of mushroom appetizer on the menu.

Maybe this will work -

[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Mushroom Medley[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Rose & Crown[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Epcot [/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow] [/font]​
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Ingredients [/font]​
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]1 Tbsp. Olive Oil[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]2 Tbsp. Chopped Garlic[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]4 Tbsp. Chopped Shallots[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]1 cup Button Mushrooms (sliced)[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]1 cup Shiitake Mushrooms (sliced)[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]1 cup Portabella Mushrooms (sliced)[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]1 cup Crimini Mushrooms (sliced)[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]1 cup White Wine[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]2 cups Heavy Cream[/font]​
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Method[/font]​
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]1. In a large pot quickly sweat the shallots and garlic in olive oil.[/font]​
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]2. Add the mushrooms starting with the buttons, crimini, portabellas, and the shiitakes last. Give three minutes between each batch.[/font]​
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]3. Add white wine and simmer for five minutes.[/font]​
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]4. Add heavy cream, bring to a boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes or until you get the correct thickness; make sure it coats the back of a spoon well.[/font]​
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.[/font]​
[/font]​

SewIn2Disney

I just made the Germany Pretzles from Epcot.
Mmmmm.....
Very good. They don't really taste like the ones found in the park, but they are still good nevertheless. They have almost a "french bread" or "wheat like" taste to them. Very good, and very filling! The recipe makes 9 pretzles about the size of an open hand.
I'll post a picture if I can remember how.

tigsmom

SewIn2Disney said:
I just made the Germany Pretzles from Epcot.
Mmmmm.....
Very good. They don't really taste like the ones found in the park, but they are still good nevertheless. They have almost a "french bread" or "wheat like" taste to them. Very good, and very filling! The recipe makes 9 pretzles about the size of an open hand.
I'll post a picture if I can remember how.

Thanks for the feedback. I can't wait to try these!

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback!!! Maybe Ill swing by Mom's house and drop off the recipe for her this evening!!! I am sure she will be very grateful to all the wonderful people on these Boards!! Belle

SewIn2Disney

Oh, I forgot to mention. You don't need two eggs for the glaze...one is more then enough. Don't overdo it on the glaze either.....or you'll end up with with scrambled eggs surrounding your pretzles.

I also made "Walt's Own Chili" (Not sure if it's been posted on here....here's a link: http://www.magictrips.com/dining/recipes/misc_walts_chili.shtml ) minus the kidney beans. And I also made the Cheddar Bay buiscits from Red Lobster. (At least it was a pretty good knock off recipe!)
You'll have to roll me out of here....this was def. a carb-o-licious meal!

longfamily

tigsmom said:
Maybe this will work -

[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Mushroom Medley[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Rose & Crown[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Epcot [/font]​
[/font]​
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Ingredients [/font]​
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]1 Tbsp. Olive Oil[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]2 Tbsp. Chopped Garlic[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]4 Tbsp. Chopped Shallots[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]1 cup Button Mushrooms (sliced)[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]1 cup Shiitake Mushrooms (sliced)[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]1 cup Portabella Mushrooms (sliced)[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]1 cup Crimini Mushrooms (sliced)[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]1 cup White Wine[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]2 cups Heavy Cream[/font]​
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Method[/font]​
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]1. In a large pot quickly sweat the shallots and garlic in olive oil.[/font]​
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]2. Add the mushrooms starting with the buttons, crimini, portabellas, and the shiitakes last. Give three minutes between each batch.[/font]​
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]3. Add white wine and simmer for five minutes.[/font]​
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]4. Add heavy cream, bring to a boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes or until you get the correct thickness; make sure it coats the back of a spoon well.[/font]​
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.[/font]​
[/font]​

Sounds great! I'll give it a try. Thanks

Senderella

Does anyone have the recipes for the Venison Stew & Pasta Akershus & Ligonberry Tart from Akershus? The pasta was like fettucini w/ tomato pesto. Oh ya, any word on the company who does the pretzel bread from Cellier?

dvcnut39

Does anyone have the recipes for Teppanyaki's steak dipping sauce or Boma's spicy mussel soup? I would really like to have these.

tigsmom

dvcnut39 said:
Does anyone have the recipes for Teppanyaki's steak dipping sauce or Boma's spicy mussel soup? I would really like to have these.

Mustard sauce or Ginger sauce? Thats all I could find.

tigsmom

Moroccan Seafood Stew - Boma, AKL

Yield: 8 servings
1 pound Mussels
1 pound Shrimp
1 pound White Fish, cut chunky and sear
1 pound Scallops, seared
2 quarts Chicken Stock
2 T. Curry Powder, toasted
1 large Onion, diced chunky
1 small Red Bell Pepper, diced chunky
1 small Fennel bulb, diced chunky
2 each Jalapeno, sliced
2 each Carrots, diced chunky
2 each Potatoes, diced chunky
2 T. Parsley, chopped
2 T. Cilantro, chopped
2 T. Lemon Juice
2 Lemons, zest and sliced
¼ cup Olives, sliced
1 - 8 oz. can Chickpea/Garbanzo Beans
1 small Eggplant, roasted and diced
2 T. Ground Cumin, toasted
1. Sear the fish and scallops until golden brown (don't overcook!).

2. Heat the chicken stock to a boil and add the onions, fennel, jalapenos, carrots, and potatoes. Cook for 20 minutes.

3. Add the rest of the ingredients except the seafood. Cook until all the vegetables are tender.

4. Add the seafood and cook until shrimp and mussels are done. Adjust seasoning to taste.

tigsmom

Or this?

Seafood Couscous Stew
Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge

4 servings​
1 quart Israeli (Pearl) Couscous
4 tablespoons Olive Oil
½ cup Red Onion, diced
2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
½ cup Carrots, diced
2 quarts Fish Stock
1 cup White Wine
1 teaspoon Curry Powder
To Taste Red Pepper Flakes
1 tablespoon Turmeric
12 each Mussels
1 cup Bay Shrimp
1 cup Bay Scallops
¼ pound Unsalted Butter
½ cup Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
½ cup Tomatoes, diced
1. Add olive oil to preheated heavy bottomed saucepan. Add couscous and toast lightly. Add onion, garlic, and carrots, stirring constantly.
2. Add enough fish stock and white wine to cover the couscous and let simmer. Add curry, turmeric, and red pepper flakes. Add scallops, shrimp, and mussels.
3. Once the couscous has absorbed all of the liquids, continue to add enough fish stock and white wine to cover the cous cous. Adjust seasoning. Continue to add fish stock as needed while checking the doneness of the couscous. (Typically it will take four additions of fish stock to complete the dish.)
4. When couscous is al dente, dice butter. Take the couscous off the heat and stir in the butter.
5. Garnish with chopped flat leaf parsley and diced tomatoes.

dvcnut39

tigsmom said:
Mustard sauce or Ginger sauce? Thats all I could find.

I believe it's a darker sauce. I'll take anything that you have though. I already have the ginger salad dressing, if that's what you mean?

tigsmom

dvcnut39 said:
Thanks for all the help! You guys are the best.

Hope this is what you are looking for. :wave:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Mustard Sauce - [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Teppanyaki Restaurant - Japan[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]

[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Onion 1 oz[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Mustard (Dry) 1/2 oz[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Sesame Seed 3/4 oz[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Water 6 oz[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Soy Sauce* 4 oz[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Salad Oil (Veg) 1 oz[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Sesame seeds must be roasted. Roast in a shallow pan in 400 degrees oven until golden brown.[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Put all ingredients in blender or food processor at highest speed until well blended.[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]*We recommend using only Japanese soy sauce as the others are not made from the natural soy bean. White vinegar may be used in place of rice vinegar, but the taste will be slightly altered.[/font]​

[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Ginger Sauce - [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Teppanyaki Restaurant - Japan

[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Onion 6 oz[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Ginger 1 oz[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Soy Sauce* 3 oz[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Water 6 oz[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Dry Parsley Pinch[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Lemon 1/2 piece[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Vinegar 1 oz (guess rice vinegar)[/font]​
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Put all ingredients in blender or food processor at highest speed until well blended.[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]*We recommend using only Japanese soy sauce as the others are not made from the natural soy bean. White vinegar may be used in place of the rice vinegar, but the taste will be slightly altered[/font]

[/font]

tigsmom

From today's Orlando Sentinal-

Wurst Salad - from Biergarten Restaurant at Epcot

Yield: 6 servings.

2 pounds (4 cups) assorted smoked German sausages (see note)

1 cup julienne red onion

1 cup German sweet pickles, cut on bias

1/2 cup German sweet mustard

½ cup German hot mustard

1 cup canola oil

½ cup balsamic vinegar

½ cup red wine vinegar

1/3 cup granulated sugar

1. Cut the assorted sausages on bias.

2. Add the red onion and sweet pickles to the sausages.

3. Mix mustards, oil, vinegars and sugar.

4. Mix dressing with sausages. Let set for 1 hour.

Recipe note: A variety of sausages may be used, such as: debrizener, bauerwurst, jagdwurst, frankfurters and summer sausage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom