Rare Disney characters

Poohfan24

Original Poster
Ive been a disneyfan for all my life, but i never been to disneyland/disneyworld, so when i was talking to my parents they were telling me about when they went and they seen the three little pigs,. so my question is, can somebody give me a list of All the retired, or rare characters that use to be or still are but hard to find at disneyland, im very interested in knowing them all..

Captain Hank

Oh, golly that would be quite a list. The Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf are still around in SpectroMagic (for the time being), but I don't think they do meet and greets any more.

As far as retired/ridiculously rare characters, off the top of my head (I'm sure there are many, many more) :
Jim Hawkins and B.E.N. from Treasure Planet
Hercules, Meg, Pain and Panic (except for the Boo To You Parade) and Hades from Hercules
Mowgli
Maid Marion
Bolt, Rhino and Mittens
Max
Darkwing Duck and Launchpad
Roger Rabbit
Scrooge McDuck (except for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party)
Ludwig Von Drake
Tarzan and Jane
Dumbo

There are lots more, like Lumiere and Sebastian, who appear in shows or parades, but don't do meet and greets.

Welcome to WDWMagic! :wave:

_Scar

Roger Rabbit doesn't appear at WDW sadly :(

I know one rare character- but not THAT rare is Daisy. Also Frollo and Mushu

muteki

Roger Rabbit doesn't appear at WDW sadly :(

I know one rare character- but not THAT rare is Daisy. Also Frollo and Mushu

Daisy can be seen at breakfast at Tusker House and was out at Main Street one out of 3 days we were recently at MK. We have met Mushu in China along with Mulan too.

Don't know if I have ever seen anybody from Hunchback in the parks.

tiaragirl

The Meg/Herc crew is a good example.

I was also looking through pictures from trips longgg ago, and we have a photo with Esmerelda, Phoebus, and Clopin! Very cool.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I've only rarely seen some of the other Robin Hood characters at m&gs. I guess that doesn't officially make them "retired", just about as common as Haley's Comet. :)

joanna71985

Daisy can be seen at breakfast at Tusker House and was out at Main Street one out of 3 days we were recently at MK. We have met Mushu in China along with Mulan too.

Don't know if I have ever seen anybody from Hunchback in the parks.

Mushu is no longer meeting in China, unfortunately.

Cynderella

To me Robin Hood is super Rare as I haven't been able to find him since my first trip in the early 90's so when I found him in Feb 09 I was beyond thrilled!!

SoloDisneyTrip020.jpg

Azerin

Sorry to respond with a plug for my website but we have a pretty good list of characters... some of which would be considered VERY rare in the US at least (Robin Hood characters for example) but can still be found outside the US... also have some others that are no longer found... we don't have all the really old ones listed as it is a list of characters we have seen/met... but... our list of 250+ Disney characters is here http://www.charactercentral.net/CharacterListAZ.aspx Personally I am ever searching for Darkwing Duck :\

drew81

I have a list of rare/retired characters but it doesn't include all the characters that have appeared at one point or another in the parks. And a lot of those characters have been retired permanently and are never coming back, which is sad.

Goofygirl07

As far as retired/ridiculously rare characters, off the top of my head (I'm sure there are many, many more) :
Jim Hawkins and B.E.N. from Treasure Planet
Hercules, Meg, Pain and Panic (except for the Boo To You Parade) and Hades from Hercules
Mowgli
Maid Marion
Bolt, Rhino and Mittens
Max
Darkwing Duck and Launchpad
Roger Rabbit
Scrooge McDuck (except for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party)
Ludwig Von Drake
Tarzan and Jane
Dumbo

ive met the ones in bold but another one to add to the list is jimminy cricket

Azerin

I have a list of rare/retired characters but it doesn't include all the characters that have appeared at one point or another in the parks. And a lot of those characters have been retired permanently and are never coming back, which is sad.

I for one would love to see your list if you are willing to share it! :)

MKCP 1985

Characters I'd book a special trip to see in a meet and greet are the following:

3 Little Pigs and Big Bad Wolf - saw them ALL the time in the 70s

Hades

Mrs. Incredible - I haven't seen her in a Meet and Greet but once.

Roger Rabbit and Jessica Rabbit - although I can't say I've EVER seen Jessica

Brer Fox, Brer Bear and Brer Rabbit - used to always see Fox and Bear at Splash, but have only ever seen Rabbit in parade

King Leonidas (Bedknobs and Broomsticks) - have the cutest home video of him in Toontown with my daughter

Captain Hank

ive met the ones in bold but another one to add to the list is jimminy cricket
Jiminy is actually fairly common, if you know where to look. He has a regular meet and greet in Rafiki's Planet Watch at DAK and shows up every once in a while in Town Square at MK. My list was primarily retired characters and those without any normal meet and greet schedule (to my knowledge).

Figments Friend

Yeah, Jiminy is still appearing at Rafiki's Plant Watch. Pocahontas as well as Rafiki himself can be found their these days too.

Rare characters....i had the thrill of coming across Marie ( from the Aristocats) in Franch at EPCOT 2 weeks ago. She was absolutely adorable, very proper, and seemed thrilled i knew who she was. I told her she looked fantastic and well groomed..and she proceeded to 'blush' and then brush/primp her fur.

Brer Rabbit was greeting Guests outside the main gate of DAK when i last visited 2 weeks ago as well...he was with Brer Bear and Meeko, and all of them were saying hello to folks via the 'Namaste' hand gesture greeting ( plams together, slight bow forward). It was neat to see them do this!

The other rare characters i came across was Thumpers' girlfriend. 'Blossom' is her name..i think. She was a sweetheart.

Other character i miss seeing, and can definately be added to the 'Rare Characters' list-

Horace Horsecollar ( i miss him!!)
Clarabel Cow
Philotetes ( satyr trainer of Hercules)
Dodger ( from Oliver and Company)
The Gummi Bears ( i know why they are scarce, so understandable..)
Roger Rabbit ( HE IS MISSED IN FL!!)
Abu ( awesome to see he is BACK in the current MK parade!)
Figment ( aka 'Figzilla'...officially retired)
Chip's girlfriend ( sorry..forget her name!)
Princess Atta
Terk ( for M n' G's..)

DizneyPryncess

Kronk & Kuzco would be the best rare characters to see! I've seen photos, but have never seen them myself. I don't believe they are ever out anymore. They're at the top of my wish list though.

The site that I referenced for years appears to be disappearing. I just went to check it recently, and it said it was taken down.

Azerin: I will check out your page, I need a new one. I too am always searching for Darkwing Duck. I heard he is sometimes seen in the teardrop in Toon Town, but no such luck yet. :)

MKCP 1985

Azerin: I will check out your page, I need a new one. I too am always searching for Darkwing Duck. I heard he is sometimes seen in the teardrop in Toon Town, but no such luck yet. :)

You can probably see that the photo I posted was inside the Disney Hollywood Studios park, and it was taken late enough in the morning that the park was open to the public. While retrieving my camera after the photo with Darkwing Duck, I overheard a lady ask the character attendant if her daughter could get a photo with the duck, and thought I heard the attendant respond, "Sorry, these characters are only out for the marathon participants right now."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom